A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Disney Analyst

Funny thing about that: They made the Incredicoaster "Under New Management" levels of self aware. Like Violet is very unenthused about how they just put their family name on an old rollercoaster that's been around for years and Edna comments that it's just corporate synergy.

I like to imagine that it's an Imagineer who has a bit more power sneaking these things in below the corporate radar as a big middle finger to the head honchos making them create this crap.

Rodan75

Because that is what Pixar Pier and a brand park represent, the distinguishing featuring being the branding.

Sorry. A half overlay of existing attractions vs Galaxy’s Edge, or Pandora or Splash Mountain? You just lumped them all together as Six Flags? I’m so confused.

We both seem to agree that Pixar Pier is pointless, and I think we agree on more here than you are implying.

Disney has always had branded content in their theme parks, there is a valid debate about the % of original vs TV/Movie. But to say that Disney has ever been anything but a Brand Theme Park is disingenuous. And Six flags really doesn’t play in This discussion at all.

Donaldfan1934

A mysterious Three Caballeros show has appeared on the DisneyLife app “The Legend of the Three Caballeros”
holisticvolunteer.tumblr.com/post/175135580640

Screenshots
tumblr_papr4l57Vi1sj1w9qo1_640.jpg
tumblr_papr4l57Vi1sj1w9qo4_500.jpg

tumblr_papr4l57Vi1sj1w9qo7_500.jpg
A modern Disney animated series that actually looks like it was made by Disney? I must be dreaming.

brb1006

Well that caught my interest. If nothing else, the designs for the characters and the even the overall art style itself are attractive. Much closer to the older established design used from the late 1930s onward, FAR better than the modern Mickey shorts or the new Ducktales series. I hope it looks good in motion, and doesn't have that weird "flash animation" quality of many of their other newer cartoons.

Here's more by the way.
tumblr_papr4l57Vi1sj1w9qo2_500.jpg

tumblr_papr4l57Vi1sj1w9qo6_500.jpg

Episode list
tumblr_inline_papy3rBUlL1sno77h_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_papy3rc6LT1sno77h_500.jpg

I'm having a feeling Disney must be saving this for their upcoming Streaming Service in the West. Since the series is only available on the DisneyLife app in Asia.

Last edited:

Missing20K

They have plans for half a dozen new DCA attractions (mostly Es) and they spend the money where it’s not needed?

Who is running this sheebang??
That’s unfortunate to hear. When there I thought it was a park with some really nice areas but the bad overshadowed the good. PP certainly seems like a poor choice of funds.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Musings:

The Disney Tweeter is like a car wreck. You know you shouldn't read it or look at it, but you feel drawn to it ...

I feel terrible that Tom Clueless 'had' to buy a $299 preview ticket to Paradise Pier. Truly. ... He absolutely had to be the first to talk about a new parade float and review every crappy new food and beverage offering, right? And he actually shouldn't complain that others (that Matt Roseboom character among them) got flown out for free and put up at the DLR for free and given swag. It actually is a compliment to be a site that gets traffic (see this one!!!) and doesn't itself out as de facto PR or BRAND advocates.

And Ashley with all that Tiki Room art ... just getting thinking about it. You too? I can't wait until they come out with a Tiki Room bathing suit and she models it, when she isn't in the bath tub with an annual report from 1983!

BTW, what is the deal with Funko figures and are Disney bloggerwhores getting paid for linking to their products? I don't understand these things, but they are everywhere in books stores and hip boutiques and there isn't an online person who doesn't feel a 'need' to shill for them. No, I don't own one.

How I love reading Andy Castro's ... because I so much agree with his passion and his politics.

So, y'all excited about the new PP attraction opening next year. Yes, they will just move Flik's Flyers over and reskin. Which brings to mind the fact that DCA deserves better and the film deserves better.

Have the Halloween Parties started yet? Oh, are they up to $175 a person yet? No? Next year?

BTW, I am sure you all heard about the major troubles with one of the SW attractions being built in Anaheim and how that caused their pace to slow down and allow Orlando's to catch up a bit, right?

Usually, this is where I would say something smarmy about the crazies visiting Orlando in the summer and say how they would be better off in Anaheim and while that always will be true to an extent, it's a very small extent these days.

What did happen with WoC being abruptly removed from the schedule and put on an indefinite hold?

Boy, Solo, was so amazing that fanbois are seeing it what ... one time? Is it even still playing?

You have to wonder when Bob 'The Weatherman' Iger is going to give up on forcing the franchise on the Chinese people? Just like that HKDL Yoda tee shirt that suddenly was all over the web a few years ago, they just aren't into it. Be happy they love Marvel there and cut your losses because the nostalgia fuelled love of anything Lucasfilm puts out just doesn't exist there and it should be painfully apparent by now that you aren't going to hook them with the crappy films you are making loaded with references and history dating to 1977.

Roseanne without Roseanne. Should be quite amusing to watch this one unfold.

So which resort are John and Nancy staying at this week for the opening of Toy Story KiddieLand at WDW? BW?

Back to the Tweeter, although I see a long thread here as well, but just love watching the measuring contests UNI and DIS fanbois are engaging in over the assets the Murdochs are looking to dump. I don't believe either company should get them. Both control too much as is, which is not good for citizens, consumers, employees etc. ... But I just love the way they take this so personally and how their tribe just has to win. No ... because either way, we all lose.

Remember when August was considered summer at theme parks in Florida AND at the box office?

I never did get to chime in on the HoP redo with the wooden spikes added to the stage and two guards posted at either side. Oh, and it absolutely is needed.

Last edited:

brb1006

Spirited Musings:

The Disney Tweeter is like a car wreck. You know you shouldn't read it or look at it, but you feel drawn to it ...

I feel terrible that Tom Clueless 'had' to buy a $299 preview ticket to Paradise Pier. Truly. ... He absolutely had to be the first to talk about a new parade float and review every crappy new food and beverage offering, right? And he actually shouldn't complain that others (that Matt Roseboom character among them) got flown out for free and put up at the DLR for free and given swag. It actually is a compliment to be a site that gets traffic (see this one!!!) and doesn't ***** itself out as de facto PR or BRAND advocates.

And Ashley with all that Tiki Room art ... just getting ***** thinking about it. You too? I can't wait until they come out with a Tiki Room bathing suit and she models it, when she isn't in the bath tub with an annual report from 1983!

BTW, what is the deal with Funko figures and are Disney bloggerwhores getting paid for linking to their products? I don't understand these things, but they are everywhere in books stores and hip boutiques and there isn't an online person who doesn't feel a 'need' to shill for them. No, I don't own one.

How I love reading Andy Castro's ... because I so much agree with his passion and his politics.

So, y'all excited about the new PP attraction opening next year. Yes, they will just move Flik's Flyers over and reskin. Which brings to mind the fact that DCA deserves better and the film deserves better.

Have the Halloween Parties started yet? Oh, are they up to $175 a person yet? No? Next year?

BTW, I am sure you all heard about the major troubles with one of the SW attractions being built in Anaheim and how that caused their pace to slow down and allow Orlando's to catch up a bit, right?

I saw a few posts alluding to Micechat and Al Lutz and ... well, there's a great story there as to why you don't have a 'Lutz column' and it really is a lot closer than you might suspect. ... But, yes, Dusty/Todd is now fully in bed with D23 (good pal Jeff Epstein) and TDA and that is why the site never has a critical thing to say, never breaks news and ... has very little reason for existing. And that is why he was flown to Paris for free and given a trip.

Usually, this is where I would say something smarmy about the crazies visiting Orlando in the summer and say how they would be better off in Anaheim and while that always will be true to an extent, it's a very small extent these days.

What did happen with WoC being abruptly removed from the schedule and put on an indefinite hold?

Boy, Solo, was so amazing that fanbois are seeing it what ... one time? Is it even still playing?

You have to wonder when Bob 'The Weatherman' Iger is going to give up on forcing the franchise on the Chinese people? Just like that HKDL Yoda tee shirt that suddenly was all over the web a few years ago, they just aren't into it. Be happy they love Marvel there and cut your losses because the nostalgia fuelled love of anything Lucasfilm puts out just doesn't exist there and it should be painfully apparent by now that you aren't going to hook them with the crappy films you are making loaded with references and history dating to 1977.

So which resort are John and Nancy staying at this week for the opening of Toy Story KiddieLand at WDW? BW?

Back to the Tweeter, although I see a long thread here as well, but just love watching the measuring contests UNI and DIS fanbois are engaging in over the assets the Murdochs are looking to dump. I don't believe either company should get them. Both control too much as is, which is not good for citizens, consumers, employees etc. ... But I just love the way they take this so personally and how their tribe just has to win. No ... because either way, we all lose.

Remember when August was considered summer at theme parks in Florida AND at the box office?

I never did get to chime in on the HoP redo with the wooden spikes added to the stage and two guards posted at either side. Oh, and it absolutely is needed.
Have you heard the new about the new animated series "Legend Of The Three Caballeros" that just premiered in the Philippines on the Disney Life App? It's strange that Disney never gave any news ahead of time about this happening but just suddenly popped up. I heard it was suppose to premier in the US sometime in 2019 and Matt Chapman of Homestar Runner fame is the producer.. Do you think Disney might be saving the official announcement for their Streaming Service coming in 2019 or on television. Because judging by the screenshots, I hadn't seen Disney use this style since The House Of Mouse which I really enjoy.

I really hope the show does see a light of day in the US.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Here's more by the way.
tumblr_papr4l57Vi1sj1w9qo2_500.jpg

tumblr_papr4l57Vi1sj1w9qo6_500.jpg

Episode list
tumblr_inline_papy3rBUlL1sno77h_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_papy3rc6LT1sno77h_500.jpg

I'm having a feeling Disney must be saving this for their upcoming Streaming Service in the West. Since the series is only available on the DisneyLife app in Asia.
Good on them for making a series that doesn't look like a 2008 Newgrounds animation. I'm actually interested in this. There's a very nice style to it.

They have plans for half a dozen new DCA attractions (mostly Es) and they spend the money where it’s not needed?

Who is running this sheebang??
Only you can tell us ;). For real, I'm just as confused as everyone else.
Spirited Musings:

I feel terrible that Tom Clueless 'had' to buy a $299 preview ticket to Paradise Pier. Truly. ... He absolutely had to be the first to talk about a new parade float and review every crappy new food and beverage offering, right? And he actually shouldn't complain that others (that Matt Roseboom character among them) got flown out for free and put up at the DLR for free and given swag. It actually is a compliment to be a site that gets traffic (see this one!!!) and doesn't ***** itself out as de facto PR or BRAND advocates.

And Ashley with all that Tiki Room art ... just getting ***** thinking about it. You too? I can't wait until they come out with a Tiki Room bathing suit and she models it, when she isn't in the bath tub with an annual report from 1983!

I saw a few posts alluding to Micechat and Al Lutz and ... well, there's a great story there as to why you don't have a 'Lutz column' and it really is a lot closer than you might suspect. ... But, yes, Dusty/Todd is now fully in bed with D23 (good pal Jeff Epstein) and TDA and that is why the site never has a critical thing to say, never breaks news and ... has very little reason for existing. And that is why he was flown to Paris for free and given a trip.

Toms one tweet from last night had a picture of the Pixar Pier exit sign "Adventure is out there!" with the caption "Good, because it ain't in here". Good on him for actually having a personal opinion and not going in deep on the Disney fanboy-ism. The one site I follow for coaster news/construction is going to be going in deep on shilling PP as the best thing ever but then again, they shill to the highest bidder everytime.

I'm loving the salt she's bringing out. It's absolutely hilarious. I get an odd feeling you and her would get along pretty well. I'm all onboard with it too.

Funkos are the "cool" things "nerds" are collecting nowadays. They literally make them for everything now. I can't get over the terrible design. I almost picked up the Figment one because I still like him, but to not even make the eyes yellow is a dumb move. I'll stick with buying stuff that is actually worth it and not the next Pogs. (Okay, some of the truly exclusive ones are worth big $$$$ and they occasionally make new and original molds but most are dime a dozen...er $15 each?)

Have you heard the new about the new animated series "Legend Of The Three Caballeros" that just premiered in the Philippines on the Disney Life App? It's strange that Disney never gave any news ahead of time about this happening but just suddenly popped up. I heard it was suppose to premier in the US sometime in 2019 and Matt Chapman of Homestar Runner fame. Do you think Disney might be saving the official announcement for their Streaming Service coming in 2019 or on television. Because judging by the screenshots, I hadn't seen Disney use this style since The House Of Mouse which I really enjoy.

I really hope the show does see a light of day in the US.

I'm sure at the very lest someone will VPN in and record/extract it from the app. It'll get here through less then legal matters regardless. Hopefully they do release it here though.

the.dreamfinder

Just feel the need to bash Pixar Pier and the 'thinking' behind it.

You spend $2 billion starting in 2008 to turn DCA 1.0 into 2.0 and a truly quality park. You largely succeed. And than you decide to dismantle it all just a few years later. Makes a lot of sense. I am sure there are contrived backstories written by 20 and 30-something brats who think they are talented because Tony Baxter sat in the same office chair once.

The stupidity of this astounds me, but it all is part of this desire to turn theme parks (what I grew up on and love) into BRAND/IP/franchise parks (what many fans of the 21st century seem to love).

I'm wiling to bet a haunted Hollywood hotel will always have more staying power than a talking raccoon with a gun.

I wonder how some of the Imagineers who worked on DCA 2.0 feel about DCA 3.0 (which is really what is being celebrated/opened this week, even if it is a whole lot cheaper than the last version).

Synergy has existed back to Walt's day. But this is taken to a whole different level. Disney wants to shill its Pixar brand, in particular its Incrdedibles and Toy Story franchises as they are the big film releases of 2018 and 2019, so every bloggingwhore is talking about new cupcakes and cookies and etc. There's no big picture thinking here ... well, beyond the fact the Bird has already been pulled into a meeting with The Weatherman and Horn to discuss Incredibles 3.
There’s a word to best describe what’s happening; shallow.

It’s all so shallow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom