A serious concern

mightyduck

Original Poster
As you all know, I have taken a new job this past month. While it has proven to be a greater challenge than I ever imagined, I am strong and will continue to teach there every day. But one of the things that makes getting through the day there possible is the support and camaraderie of my friends here on the boards.

On almost the same day I began my new job, WDWMAGIC began a subscription service, explaining that the high cost of running the site was becoming too overwhelming and without the support of the rest of us, the site would be shut down. After nearly a month, the number of subscribers by my estimate isn't covering even half the costs of keeping the site going. While our leader hasn't said anything, I am worried that time is running out for our fun here. I can't speak for the rest of you, but these forums are a welcome respite from my life--I have made some great friends here, but more importantly, since I can't go to WDW to escape every day, these boards bring a little of that escape to me. My everyday life is not filled with as much fantasy and humor or compassion and understanding as a visit to these boards. I would hate to see the site collapse under the weight of all of us.

Sheri

I would hate to have to see these forums leave...I would really subscribe to the site if I could, but my dad doesn't trust me with his cc :( I hope this stays up, I have alot of fun here

Al

Originally posted by SheriD013
I would hate to have to see these forums leave...I would really subscribe to the site if I could, but my dad doesn't trust me with his cc :( I hope this stays up, I have alot of fun here

same here :rolleyes:

The Mom

Premium Member
Mighty, you took the words out of my mouth (or off my keyboard!)

There are over 700 registered members, which means if only half of them pay the $5/month subscription, steve should actually be making a profit!! Alas, that is far from true! My calculations are that he is paying about 150 out of pocket to keep things running!!

I hate to sound like a PBS pledge drive, but $5/month costs you less than a pay phone call a day! Are you telling me it's not worth it to keep the forum going? I know the kids don't have cc or checking accounts to set up a paypal account, but what about the rest of you adults? Don't make me start naming names here!!!

C'mon guys,as Tina said " Let's stay together!"

markymark

I totally agree with you guy's! It may be a bit sad, but this place is really important to me, I feel I have made some great friends here and we have great fun too. The idea of me going to work & actually having to work(bleurgh!) is just too much to cope with. So come on guys, $5 is it really that much to ask to keep this wonderful site going (don't forget, it's the forums AND the main site Steve is forking out for)

So, $5 can't hurt surely. HEY British people, thats like £3.50 (ish) a month £3.50!!!! Even I can do without a pint and a half a month!!

Tramp

Originally posted by mightyduck
I can't speak for the rest of you, but these forums are a welcome respite from my life--I have made some great friends here, but more importantly, since I can't go to WDW to escape every day, these boards bring a little of that escape to me. My everyday life is not filled with as much fantasy and humor or compassion and understanding as a visit to these boards. I would hate to see the site collapse under the weight of all of us.

I think you DO speak for many of us....Thumbs up for bringing this to everyone's attention....$5 a month to have a few laughs is a bargain these days...and where else could you have the opportunity and PLEASURE of meeting ME.

GOOD JOB, QUACKIE....

Please....consider contributing!

mightyduck

Original Poster
Re: Re: A serious concern

Originally posted by Tramp

I think you DO speak for many of us....Thumbs up for bringing this to everyone's attention....$5 a month to have a few laughs is a bargain these days...and where else could you have the opportunity and PLEASURE of meeting ME.

GOOD JOB, QUACKIE....

$5 a month to hang out with you *is* a bargain. :)

mickeyfan

Originally posted by markymark
I totally agree with you guy's! It may be a bit sad, but this place is really important to me, I feel I have made some great friends here and we have great fun too. The idea of me going to work & actually having to work(bleurgh!) is just too much to cope with. So come on guys, $5 is it really that much to ask to keep this wonderful site going (don't forget, it's the forums AND the main site Steve is forking out for)

So, $5 can't hurt surely. HEY British people, thats like £3.50 (ish) a month £3.50!!!! Even I can do without a pint and a half a month!!

If Marky is willing to do without a pint and a half a month, he really is making a sacrifice!! I recently joined and like you said, $5.00 a month is a drop in the bucket. This site means so much to me, if it comes to hard times, I would be willing to pay more to help support. Heck, it's cheaper than seeing a therapist!!:hammer:

And a lot more fun.:sohappy:

Ariel

Re: Re: A serious concern

Originally posted by Tramp

GOOD JOB, QUACKIE....

Who said it was a pleasure?

:rolleyes: :animwink:

JAY-ROD

I think its sad that we havent had many replies to this thread at all. Which disturbs me! I'm very proud to be one of the few helping Steve fund the site! I think alot of members dont releize how much hard work he has put in to make this site so great! While we out here having fun and having a good time! Steves maintaining the site and keeping us happy! Dont you just feel guilty that were having fun at his expenses? I mean he's forking out 200 bucks a month on us guys! And month by month since he's getting more traffic through here. Its just going to kept going up! Steve has pretty much done everything we haved asked for! Dont you think its time to help our freind back! He designed this site for Disneyfans. He's also brought us together into one big family! I doint wanna see that break up, and i'm hoping you dont either! Steves not going to ask for money again! He's got way to much pride for that and feels bad asking us for it! If we dont help! Then within a matter of months. I guesing around Christmas! You'll be reading on the new and rumor page that this site is going to shut down! Lets not let that happen!

Ariel

Hi all! I hope no one is offended by what I have to say. I think it is so very important for us to help Steve fund this site. We have become like a family here and I would never want to see the site shut down. I get tremendous enjoyment from signing in every day and getting a chance to chat with my friends. I've met so many wonderful people and have Steve to thank for bringing us all together. I think it's a good thing to have a reminder like this for those of us that have trouble remembering our first names. It finally got me to get my subscription. But, I also don't think that we should try and push people into something that they might not be able to do. $5 isn't much, but we don't know what everyone's financial situation is. It doesn't make someone less appreciative of this site.

I certainly do hope that as many people as possible will sign up so that Steve can keep us going, and I don't doubt that everyone that CAN sign up, WILL sign up because I'm sure they feel the same as we all do. But I don't think anyone should be made uncomfortable if they simply can't do it for one reason or another.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that enough of us can get subscribed and help Steve out. :)

sillyspook13

Originally posted by marciahahn
I know the kids don't have cc or checking accounts to set up a paypal account, but what about the rest of you adults?
I feel so bad. I would help if I could. LONG LIVE WDWMAGIC.COM AND WAY TO GO STEVE!!!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom