A Sad Sad Day At Epcot

WDWcouple

Original Poster
So here I was this past Saturday making my way around the World Showcase and I come to my second favorite stop alond the route.... Germany... You ask why do I love Germany so much... THE BIER... Nothing like hitting the middle of the Showcase and grabbing an ice cold 32oz Becks and a Pretzel....

Except for finishing off the trail with an Ice Cold Moosehead from my favorite cart in allll of WDW in front of Canada (also a great place for viewing illuminations which is why I end my day there)

Well back to the caper... I asked the wondeful Cm behind the cart for a 32oz Becks and to my shock and awe she tells me "Ohh Im sorry sir we only sell Lowenbrau now in the regular cups" Well my left arm went numb I thought I was going to pass out in dismay... WHERE DID MY BECKS GOOOOOO. So I settled for the Lowenbrau... It wasnt bad; but its not my big becks

Oh well just thought I would share the news for all of you 32oz Becks fans.. All in all great trip to Epcot this past Saturday

wild01ride

*In my best possible Eric Cartman voice:*

"Why God, Why??!!"
:lol:

Talk about corporate sellout! Isn't Lowenbrau what Eddie (National Lampoon's Vacation movies) drinks??

At least we're not drinking Lowenbrau at the Volkswagon pavilion located at Comcast Center!

csm7030

I hear ya. I always bring back my half yard and head right for England. We get a Bass ale (or two) and watch the Beatles. I am not even a huge fan of Bass ale, but have to have it when at Epcot. Somehow it just tastes different in park.

speck76

I had Beck's there last weekend, but not in a 32oz cup, only a 12oz cup.

I love me some Beck's (light, actually)

WDWcouple

Original Poster
Yeahhh I know I happened to go the day they switched... Saturday..... Please Please save my Moosehead... If they bring in Molson I dont know what I would do

thebig2

Just to let all fo you know, Moosehead and Molson Golden are the stuff we send elsewhere in the world because it isn't suitable for Canadian consumption. It is bad, and Beck's being gone is great, it smells and tastes like a Skunk. I think they should replace all beer taps and kegs around the world and just have Guinness. Either that or Labatt's 50. hahahahahaha. I didn't even know they still sold Golden anywhere in the world, I don' tknow one single Canadian who would dare tough that stuff. Bad image of Canadian beer. EH!!!!!!

Sherm00

actually besides sit down resturants i wish they would stop selling all alchaol at the parks and stands. it's not a good example for the kids. alot of people drink then go get in therecars and drive, on or off property. I know I am probubly the minority but beer and alchaol should be at sit down resturants where it can be regulated better or out of the parks and into the clubs where you would expect it.

nfeagle5

I agree that the alcohol should be only in the sitdown restaurants in disney, i've never had a problem with a "disney drunk" but thats neither here nor there. If you want beer then you should have to get it at a meal.

Biggyt

Its a sad day to see Beck's go:cry:

They should bring in some other better beers, like
HACKER-PSCHORR,PAULANER, and
WARSTEINER. But that will not happen. So long the the 32's they were great.

lamarvenoy

I am in love with my budlight (it's not just an affair...it's true love) but I do drink the 32oz Beck's and Bass. When I was in college we used to drink all kinds of beer from Natural ice, to black & tans and I still find myself falling back to the ole standbye...Budlight-Nectar of the Gods..........."It's so good when it hits your lips, it's so good." Looks like beers around the world just become a little less challenging:(

aimster

If only they sold Kroenburg (sp?) at the France pavillion. That's some good beer! And I'm normally a beer wuss (Miller Lite for me please).

Roswell

For me it has to be when I get to the rose and crown for a pint(hey I'm a Scot i don't do the ounce bit) of Stella Artois.........I will miss it this year as we are taking a break from coming over the pond to have our first kid, but rest assured I will return with a kid on my back and a Stella in hand.

speck76

Originally posted by aimster
If only they sold Kroenburg (sp?) at the France pavillion. That's some good beer! And I'm normally a beer wuss (Miller Lite for me please).

What is wrong with Miller Light?!!

Number_6

Not much of this affects me, since I don't drink beer. But as far as alcohol goes, I agree that it should just be at the sit down restaurants. Otherwise, you do risk having someone making a fool of themselves or getting unruly. I have once run into a group that shouldn't have been able to get more drinks than they obviously already had in them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom