a present to help remember the magic!

Disneybub

Original Poster
As i know you're all Disney fanatics - you are the only people i would trust to help me with this.

As a few of you know im going to Disney in a few weeks and im taking my parents as its my dads 50th birthday now we have been several times before (so i would like it to be different) and ive sorted the restaurant, the keys to the kingdom tour and tied up all the ends except for 1 thing....

A GIFT!! :confused: - i dont know what to buy him when im there to help to remind him of the holiday, so is there anything you have bought yourself or had bought for you that means loads to you and helps you remember the magic??

Thanks guys! x

Nemo14

How about a picture frame? WDW has some nice ones and you could put a specail picture in it after the trip!

tigsmom

I was going to say a picture frame also. :lol:

Lets go one better. Save the gift for after you get home. Take a ton of pictures and then make a scrapbook. Save all the goodies you get... plane tickets, room keys, maps, a napkin or two (clean, of course :lookaroun ), etc and put it all together. Then you can have a special lunch or dinner and give it to him, it will like taking the trip all over again!

Nemo14

I was going to say a picture frame also. :lol:

Lets go one better. Save the gift for after you get home. Take a ton of pictures and then make a scrapbook. Save all the goodies you get... plane tickets, room keys, maps, a napkin or two (clean, of course :lookaroun ), etc and put it all together. Then you can have a special lunch or dinner and give it to him, it will like taking the trip all over again!
*invites Mad to my next birthday party*

cb3k

You could dress your dad up like a pink cake with candles all over himself, in an attempt to celebrate a large milestone as Disney would do..Take a bunch of pictures, he will definitely never forget that. In all honesty, it really depends what he is in to...If it is beer he likes, I would recommend a large mug from Germany (there are tons of designs with parks and characters to choose from) and maybe get it personalized with the date of the trip, his name, etc....There is also the option of getting the Disney Photopass, where they will take all of your pictures with characters, popular landmarks, and so forth....and then provide you with a cd...You could turn those pictures into a really neat scrap book and present it to them....Just a couple of suggestions.

sweetpee_1993

I like the scrapbook idea! That's awesome and totally thoughtful. Another twist would be to create one of the photobooks or photomovies from Disney's Photopass website to give as a gift after you get home. Either way, you'll be giving something that relives the trip over and over.

Also, a personalized set of Mickey ears can't be beat. It's classic...even if you never wear them. That's what I brought back for each of the Grandparents on our last trip even tho they would probably never wear them. It's one thing you can't get anywhere else and screams Disney World.

kennyj29

That's funny, I'm sort of going through the same problem. I'm bringing my mom for her 85th birthday. I would also like to do something very, very special. Her grandaughter is meeting us down there and we are taking her to Germany for her Birthday dinner. She loves Sauerbraten! I wanted to do something extra special because she is getting older and I don't know what to do for her. We will probably order a Mickey Cake but I would also like to get her something special. Just don't know what.
I was thinking maybe for your dad's 50th if he's into jewlery you could get him a beautiful Disney Watch or something to that effect. Something that everytime he puts it on, it reminds him of the trip!

Jessie&Buzz

I like the scrapbook idea too. I was going to say buy a photo album while there and put all your pics in it. We have done this the last 3 trips and it's so much fun to get them out and look at them.

Cinderella1976

Last year we were celebrating my 30th birthday and while I was at La Nouba with my oldest daughter my husband bought me a snowglobe at the gift shop at our resort. We were staying at the Grand Floridian so to remember our special trip he bought me a snowglobe of our resort! It is so beautiful. You can turn it on and the inside of the hotel lights up. Every night I turn it on and it reminds me of our trip in December 2006, our most magical trip ever! So I would suggest a snowglobe of something that would remind him of your trip. Good luck :wave:

Pooh88

I would say take whatever his hobby is (golf etc..) and make it a Disney themed gift. There are some great sports shops. We have Disney golf gloves and villain ball markers, golf shirts and all kinds of things.

Nemo14

That's funny, I'm sort of going through the same problem. I'm bringing my mom for her 85th birthday. I would also like to do something very, very special. Her grandaughter is meeting us down there and we are taking her to Germany for her Birthday dinner. She loves Sauerbraten! I wanted to do something extra special because she is getting older and I don't know what to do for her. We will probably order a Mickey Cake but I would also like to get her something special. Just don't know what.
I was thinking maybe for your dad's 50th if he's into jewlery you could get him a beautiful Disney Watch or something to that effect. Something that everytime he puts it on, it reminds him of the trip!

The band will sing Happy Birthday to her in German if you ask them to. We did it for friends there one year, and they also gave us a free cake to share with everyone at our table.

Last year we were celebrating my 30th birthday and while I was at La Nouba with my oldest daughter my husband bought me a snowglobe at the gift shop at our resort. We were staying at the Grand Floridian so to remember our special trip he bought me a snowglobe of our resort! It is so beautiful. You can turn it on and the inside of the hotel lights up. Every night I turn it on and it reminds me of our trip in December 2006, our most magical trip ever! So I would suggest a snowglobe of something that would remind him of your trip. Good luck :wave:

Remember though if you are flying you cannot bring a snowglobe home in your carry-on luggage.

LivinWitTheLand

You could hire a Disney photographer. The photographer will lead you to prime photo taking spots in your park of choice and take a certain number of professionally arranged shots.

About 3 weeks after you get home, Disney FedExes you the pictures in a nice leather bound album.

We had this done on our honeymoon. I think it was $250 or in that ball park?

It makes a really nice memory each time we look the book over.

We booked it upon arrival through the front desk, but I am sure you can call the 1-407 number and have them arrange it also.

wdwCC

I once bought a nice Mickey watch on Main Street. It's the kind of watch you wear with a suit or something.

MiduraMagic4

Id say the best gift ever is a Mickey Watch. My parents got me one and I wear it all the time. Im sure your dad would like it and appreciate it.

dopeylove

My husband is a big baseball fan and golfer. I bought him the antique looking Mickey golfer bobblehead and Mickey baseball player bobblehead. He loved them.

rileyspaw

Everyday I look at the 8X10 of our family on MAIN STREET MK with the castle in the background in the DISNEY frame that the family gave me when we went there to celebrate my 55th B-DAY and I get a smile on my face.

It's what I call "priceless DISNEY MAGIC"!:king:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You could hire a Disney photographer. The photographer will lead you to prime photo taking spots in your park of choice and take a certain number of professionally arranged shots.

About 3 weeks after you get home, Disney FedExes you the pictures in a nice leather bound album.

We booked it upon arrival through the front desk, but I am sure you can call the 1-407 number and have them arrange it also.

Everyday I look at the 8X10 of our family on MAIN STREET MK with the castle in the background in the DISNEY frame that the family gave me when we went there to celebrate my 55th B-DAY and I get a smile on my face.

It's what I call "priceless DISNEY MAGIC"!:king:

Those are great as are the scrapbook suggestions. I'm too lazy for the scrapbook myself, and probably wouldn't splurge on the photographer (outside of a wedding), but get a photopass and get pictures made of your entire group (don't have to worry about someone being left out or asking someone else to take the picture), but you can review them all on line and select which you want. I'm sure the event will stay with him, and to have one picture of all those he celebrated with will be all he needs!

cooleo

Another option is the photpass book. You can order this through the Disney Photopass website. Have the Disney photographers located throughout the park take your pictures & put them on your photopass card. Once you are home you go to the site & design the book however you want it to look & place your order. You can also upload your personal photos to use in the book & they have General Stock Disney photos. The cost is about $100.The site is http://www.disneyphotopass.com.:cool:

Hotdogs

You could always get a gift personalised at many locations through WDW or there is the glass and crystal shop at Downtown Disney which personalises many gifts there. The other option is to take plenty of photos then buy a digital frame for him when you get home and put the memory card in it so he has a permanent reminder of your time there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom