A plywood door with a padlock in PotC queue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybercat

Banned
In Walt's day that would have never been allowed imho.... but I suppose as long as the finished product is excellent I would be inclined to let it go....
You mean like the half finished Himalayan roller coaster that looked like crap on the inside? Yeah, if Walt was in charge, it would be worse.

bethymouse

My goodness! All this fuss over a construction door? I just don't get it?:confused:
As the Rolling Stones would say "I see a construction door and I want to paint it Disney!".:cool:

Clever Name

My goodness! All this fuss over a construction door? I just don't get it?:confused:
As the Rolling Stones would say "I see a construction door and I want to paint it Disney!".:cool:
The plain paper napkins must be taken into consideration as well. The Mayan calender is obviously right.

The Empress Lilly

On-stage is on-stage. If you have the pretence that your employees are cast members, and that you are putting on a theater show, then you need to act as such.
If one goes to a Broadway musical and there is visible backstage construction work during a performance then that is detrimental to the show. Such is the business of theatre.

Nobody is freaking out, not over napkins, not over doors. We are fans. We understand and appreciate the small detail. Both when it is there, and also when it is absent.

Clever Name

On-stage is on-stage. If you have the pretence that your employees are cast members, and that you are putting on a theater show, then you need to act as such.
If one goes to a Broadway musical and there is visible backstage construction work during a performance then that is detrimental to the show. Such is the business of theatre.

Nobody is freaking out, not over napkins, not over doors. We are fans. We understand and appreciate the small detail. Both when it is there, and also when it is absent.
As the Bard said, this is much ado about nothing.

The Empress Lilly

And that's the problem. No offence.

People don't get it. And so more and more it becomes a non-issue.
People do get it. Next time, we should try to tell them they are hysterical when we are all swooning over a detail that is not absent, but present. When we are loving a detail that is not stripped away, but added. Then suddenly everybody does understand the nature of WDW, of on-stage, and the importance of detail.

Am I freaking out when I love that doors are themed to fit a land? Am I an imbecile for thinking that themed trashcans are important to theme? Making a big fuzz over nothing when I think that a loving attention to detail and placemaking is as important, if not more, to what Disney is trying to accomplish as a roller coaster?

bethymouse

And that's the problem. No offence.

People don't get it. And so more and more it becomes a non-issue.
Non taken.:) I guess it would be better if they tried to conceal it in some way! Maybe they just put it up, and didn't have time yet to do what they needed to do w/ it? Giving Disney the benefit of the doubt!:D

Clever Name

Disney better hide all those lightning rods on Main Street USA because they mess up the show. Also, why don't they have and tube wiring in the Main Street buildings? Bad show?

Wesleyjohn

Personally I'm not there looking at it, so to me it seems like no big deal. Also, I would say is that 98% or more of people are going to go blowing past it and could careless about one construction door. Lastly, one could argue that the contractor said it'll be $500+ to paint that. 1hr to get material, 1 hr to set up and get to job. 2 -3 hrs to paint, 1 hour to clean and leave at $60/ hr. So they ask do we paint it or worry about the 3 posters on WDW Magic. Sad as it may be, this is going to be their logic on things such as these.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Personally I'm not there looking at it, so to me it seems like no big deal. Also, I would say is that 98% or more of people are going to go blowing past it and could careless about one construction door. Lastly, one could argue that the contractor said it'll be $500+ to paint that. 1hr to get material, 1 hr to set up and get to job. 2 -3 hrs to paint, 1 hour to clean and leave at $60/ hr. So they ask do we paint it or worry about the 3 posters on WDW Magic. Sad as it may be, this is going to be their logic on things such as these.

One could argue and it appears that is the case, after all who gives a rats , if it costs why bother. But what puzzles me is is it not the attention to detail that all the pixy dust merchants cite as the reason why Disney is superior to other amusement parks?

Or is corporate loyalty unquestioning?

pbrstreet

I know there have been reports about changes coming to the Pirates queue but I was shocked to see a door with a padlock just sticking out like the worst sore thumb ever today:

potc-queue-aug0412.jpg

This is on the right-hand side queue line, just past the skeletons playing chess scene. Just past the door and through the arch, you can see there are also a large section of scrims.

But a door?

It looked so terribly, terribly out of place.

what would annoy me the most is your flash photography....followed closely by someone being so obsessed by a temporary door during a vacation. must have ruined your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom