Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
After a quick walk through the gift shop...

IMG_2154.JPG
IMG_2155.JPG
IMG_2156.JPG

...it was time to swim. Hope wanted to go to the Cars pool first so off we went.

IMG_2157.jpg
IMG_2158.JPG
IMG_2159.JPG
IMG_2160.JPG
IMG_2163.jpg
IMG_2164.jpg

While we were there, I heard someone ask the lifeguard what the pool was supposed to be. The lifeguard looked totally confused. The man said he figured that the shape of the pool, which resembles a jellybean, must have been designed to look like a car part and he wanted to know which one. The poor lifeguard just looked at him and said he had no idea; he thought it was just a shape of a pool. Lol

LondonGopher

I don't read many TRs these days - but OH how I love yours. And to get to read about such a L-O-N-G holiday...I can't wait!

PS: My DH always comes out later, too. He can only manage Disney in small doses. ;)

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Love your reports!!

Thank you!

I don't read many TRs these days - but OH how I love yours. And to get to read about such a L-O-N-G holiday...I can't wait!
PS: My DH always comes out later, too. He can only manage Disney in small doses. ;)

Thanks so much for following along!!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your holiday:)

Thanks - going to try to get some more up tonight.

Following!

Glad to have you along!

I can't wait to read more! It will help pass the time until my own trip.

Thanks so much! Hope yo have a magical time when you go!!!

We still brought our stroller and Lenny will be 6. But in all fairness she weighs as much as 3 year old and is super tiny lol. We did tell her this is the last time we will bring the stroller.
Lol dolls are a big thing in our household, I'm too embarrassed to say what our collection is at!

Yes - it does help some that Hope is still a peanut! Oh my gosh those Lol dolls! I think Hope has 2 or 3 "real" ones and then she has about about 6 of the "fake" ones. For some reason m crazy child likes the fakes just as much as the real ones! Unfortunately, they are still crazy expensive!

I've flown in & out of that airport and it is so easy & convenient. I have family in White Plains as my dad and his family grew up close to there. Our alternates were LGA & EWR, which made it an easy choice.

It also helps that they have a park & fly so close by. I would never want to fly out of LGA. lol

Can't wait to read more :)

Thanks for following along!

I'm here!! Great start so far :)

Thanks! Good to have you along!

DisneyGigi

Always enjoy your reports. We did homeschool with our kids, until my daughter was in Middle school, and my son started high school. They adjusted better than I did probably. 😑 No hurricanes, this trip! We came home to one, but it didn’t amount to anything. Thankfully. Love the Little Mermaid room.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
After a while in the Cars pool, we headed over to The Big Blue Pool.

IMG_2170.jpg
IMG_2171.jpg
IMG_2172.jpg
IMG_2174.JPG
IMG_2176.JPG

I thought this pool was awesome. True, there wasn’t a waterslide, but it’s so much fun. Hope asked to wear a “lifesaver” and since she is still not a strong swimmer and neither am I, I was happy to have her wear it.

IMG_2186.jpg
IMG_2187.JPG

The sky however was looking a little unhappy.

IMG_2193.JPG

Figment Forever

Original Poster
After we swam for a bit, it started to rain. I didn’t mind the rain in the pool – we were a little wet after all, but it was looking like thunder and lighting were on the way, so we got out and sat at a table under an umbrella. Hope checked out the splash zone.

IMG_2199.JPG
IMG_2200.JPG
IMG_2201.JPG

Then it started to downpour!

IMG_2203.JPG
IMG_2204.JPG

Hope didn’t want to stop swimming, but like I said, it looked like a storm was coming through, so I suggested going into Animation Hall.
It was a good call. As we were walking away, the lifeguards closed the pool area due to the storm coming through.

Julia wanted to do the drawing class and I told Hope we could get some ice cream and shop some more. As we walked into the building, Hope went flying. She must have slipped on the wet floor and landed on her butt. She was not happy. Now she had a scrapped knee and a sore bum. My poor girl. I tried to calm her and we began to walk towards the gift shop when we were approached by a CM. I thought she had seen Hope fall and was making sure that she was okay, but it turned out to be from Disney research. They were testing something in the lobby and asked if we would like to be part of the testing. I had to promise I wouldn’t speak about it, so I’ll keep that promise. But I am allowed to say that we spent about an hour having a good time and then answered questions for them. They thanked us and gave us a $20.00 gift card!!

I usually do not take pictures of bathrooms, but this one in the lobby was so pretty with the picture of Ariel.

IMG_2217.JPG
IMG_2218.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 46

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I hesitate to ask, but what’s an lol doll?

LOL = Lil Outrageous Littles

They come in these balls that you peel open different layers. They are creepy looking - in my opinion, and crazy expensive - $13-$15 each!! Hope went on Amazon and ordered a series 1 doll that was almost $25.00! I canceled the ordered and realized she knows how to order without me knowing!

Unknown-3.jpeg

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Always enjoy your reports. We did homeschool with our kids, until my daughter was in Middle school, and my son started high school. They adjusted better than I did probably. 😑 No hurricanes, this trip! We came home to one, but it didn’t amount to anything. Thankfully. Love the Little Mermaid room.

Yes - so thankful for no hurricane, but the one hitting the Carolinas while we were there was just as sobering. Several of my family and friends were texting me because they thought we were going to get hit with it too.

RememberWhen

LOL = Lil Outrageous Littles

They come in these balls that you peel open different layers. They are creepy looking - in my opinion, and crazy expensive - $13-$15 each!! Hope went on Amazon and ordered a series 1 doll that was almost $25.00! I canceled the ordered and realized she knows how to order without me knowing!

View attachment 316346
Welp. Those are... interesting? Truthfully, they aren’t as bad as I was expecting, but conveniently my son isn’t really into dolls and my daughter is only 16 months old, so I still have veto power. I worry about what kind of crazy thing will be the next fad. My son really needed a fingerling last year. They’re kind of cute, but not worth the crazy. My sister found him one so I didn’t have to.
Hoping Hope doesn’t sustain any more injuries!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
By the time we had finished our “testing” the rain had stopped, but we decided to skip the mermaid pool for today and get changed instead.

IMG_2224.JPG

We walked to our room and I was happy to see ME dropped our luggage off. Julia wanted to do the drawing class at 5:00PM so we returned to Animation Hall and had a snack while we waited.

IMG_2228.JPG

Julia did the class, which she LOVED while Hope and I walked around.

IMG_2231.JPG
IMG_2234.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2242.JPG
IMG_2243.JPG
IMG_2240.jpg
IMG_2239.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom