Trip Report A Not So Splashy, Very Dashy, Somewhat Sleepy and A Little Frisky, Uplyfting Sept 2018 TR (Completed!)

Once again, it is so hard to believe that our adventure in WDW is over. I don’t understand how time goes so fast when we are there. Even though this was our longest trip ever, it still flew by.

We returned home around midnight on Saturday and I’ve been getting back to reality and catching up on reading other TR’s before beginning my own.

Just in case you may not know us…

Me: Mary/mom

IMG_4857.JPG

Ross – Dad AKA Grumpy, but was acting more like Sleepy on this trip. (And yes – those Crocs came along with him.)

IMG_5008.JPG

Julia – DD Sweet 16 this trip

IMG_3912.jpg

Hope – My 9 year old princess whose diagnoses of Autism usually lends itself to some interesting tidbits for my TR’s.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

Trip details:

September 6th – 8th at Art Of Animation (Room only)

September 8th – 22nd Pop Century (MYW Package Free Dining)

Yep- that’s a LONG trip – our longest EVER. Still it managed to fly by in the blink of an eye.

If you’re not familiar with my crazy crew or you need to catch up, feel free to check out my pre trip report here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...feet-a-september-2018-pre-trip-report.944145/

All caught up? Are you ready? Okay then, here we go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG
IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

Blaze was awesome as usual and Chicken Guy was yummy too - but not as great as I thought it would be. I had a spicy sauce that tasted exactly like a dipping sauce from Popeyes. Chicken Guy had a huge line that started outside and they called you into the restaurant to order. But it went pretty fast. (Unless the person in front of you does not know how to order.)

AKemily

I'm here! And I'm very much looking forward to reading about your adventures (and seeing how close our paths may have crossed!). Julia's drawing is very talented!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
The title got me very intrigued ... but looks like I’ve got a lot of catching up to do! Good thing I commute to work on public transportation and I’m in between books 😉

dizfan917

WOW!!

I'm behind! I can't believe you're reporting already!! I'm very excited to read all about your family's adventures! The girls are growing up so fast... it's a hoot to see how much they've changed in just a few years.

Ugh. I'm nervous about the Crocs already. Can't wait to see how that all turns out. :geek:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Poor Hope!!! Not a great way to start a vacation. ☹️

I know. She was a trooper through and thankfully, there were no other injuries!

I'm here! And I'm very much looking forward to reading about your adventures (and seeing how close our paths may have crossed!). Julia's drawing is very talented!

Me too. I was so hoping to run into someone from the boards! Julia LOVES to draw.

The title got me very intrigued ... but looks like I’ve got a lot of catching up to do! Good thing I commute to work on public transportation and I’m in between books 😉

Thanks for reading and taking us along on your commute!!

Can't wait to read about the rest of the trip!

Thanks for following!

Wow Julia's drawing is really really good.

Thank you - the class is really good. It's just like what they used to do at the studios. She loves to draw and really wants to be an animator one day.

following along! Loving your report so far!

Thanks so much!!

WOW!!
I'm behind! I can't believe you're reporting already!! I'm very excited to read all about your family's adventures! The girls are growing up so fast... it's a hoot to see how much they've changed in just a few years.

Ugh. I'm nervous about the Crocs already. Can't wait to see how that all turns out. :geek:

@dizfan917 You know it takes me about 8 months to finish a TR so I'd better start early! lol And about those Crocs... Just wait... you will actually play a part in the Crocs finale.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We ate there when we were down an waiting outside was MISERABLE! It was hot with the sun in full force so we were drenched in sweat by the time we got inside. It honestly not must have been that good because I cant even remember what I ate! Haha

I think they could have had more people wait inside. The best thing we got there was a milkshake. That's probably the only thing I would wait on a line for in the future.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
What is going on with Once Upon A Toy? It feels like 1/5 of the store that it used to be. I believe this is where Julia got a box of Potato Head parts and one year, a box of My Little Pony stuff. Are they planning to open it up again?

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2296.JPG
IMG_2295.JPG

I told the girls not to but anything until we switched resorts. I didn’t want to have to move anything extra. Hope wasted no time checking out the Tsum Tsums.

IMG_2293.JPG

BTW, I looked all over for the Figment themed Tsum Tsums that @Tuvalu mentioned, but we were unsuccessful. Julia was sure to check out the pin store.

IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2300.JPG

IMG_2302.JPG
IMG_2303.JPG

Last edited:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
DS was busy – but not crazy, which was really nice. I think I would like DS more if I lived in the area. I could see it as a nice place to go and walk around and have dinner at a leisurely pace. They have some pretty decent bands that were playing that I think would have been fun to watch all the way through. The stores remind me of an outlet center near where we live and since I’m not here to shop, I don’t really pay too much attention to them. But obviously, the Disney shops are fun to walk through.

I thought the “Strolling Piano” was hysterical. I would hate to have that job – I would mow down everyone in my path! Lol

IMG_2309.jpg

Our original plan was to take a bus to the Poly and watch HEA from there, but we were beat. So after getting ice cream, we headed to the busses.

IMG_2306.JPG

It was a little melancholy for me not to head to the boat launch to POR. We found out that AoA was stop 29 – the farthest stop away. This would be a pattern everywhere we went. AoA was always the farthest away!

IMG_2310.JPG

As we were waiting for the bus to come, Hope apparently got impatient and exclaimed, “I need that Minivan to help us out!!” lol

Sorry kiddo – not today. I had promised her 1 Minivan ride this trip. Would it happen? We shall see.

Back at the room, Julia did some work, Hope watched a little Duffy and I straightened up.

IMG_2311.JPG

Then it was off to sleep. Our first day in Disney was in the books.

Up Next: Is This a Trick Or A Treat?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom