A new Toontown at WDW (open brainstorming)

Omegadiz

Maybe an Entire botique bark Dedicated to all the toons.
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Donald Duck
  • Daisy Duck
  • Goofy
  • Pluto
  • Max Goof
  • Clarabelle Cow
  • Clara Cluck
  • Horace Horsecollar
  • Roger Rabbit
  • Pete (theres a rumor that he is gonna become meetable
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Heuy Dewey and Loui
  • Scrouge McDuck
  • Ludwig Von Drake
  • Clarice
  • Cheif Ohara (one can dream)
Too be honest, any the toon towns should represent ALL of these characters.

a boutique park would be nice and could you imagine a toon hotel! that would be awesome.

mharrington

Original Poster
What's a boutique park?

And I heard rumors that Goofy's Barnstormer may in fact keep its name and given a minor theme of Goofy performing an aerial circus act, which could fit right in with the two Dumbo rides nearby.

Now all we have to do is find someplace for at least Mickey, if not Mickey and Minnie, to live here...

Omegadiz

A boutique park is like a mini-park that isnt really about attractions but interactive expiriences. They also have limited enty meaning that park X only accepts X amount of people a day

mharrington

Original Poster
Well, it's official: Mickey's Toontown Fair is getting sent to Walt Dated World on Feb. 11. It's said that they will be relocated to the Exposition Hall on Main Street. So much for my idea of this being the new home of Walt Disney: One Man's Dream. That really needs to move out of the Studios and someplace else. But now, where?

Besides, I really don't see how Mickey and the gang will fit in at the Exposition Hall.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm starting now to warm to the idea of having Toontown at the Studios, but the thing that I have against it is that it would not help the fact that the non-MK parks are echoing the Magic Kingdom's personality. You can look it right here on this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=504897.

And I'm still not a big fan of having the Studios be the most reliable spot for to find Mickey and company.

cheezbat

I'm starting now to warm to the idea of having Toontown at the Studios, but the thing that I have against it is that it would not help the fact that the non-MK parks are echoing the Magic Kingdom's personality. You can look it right here on this thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=504897.

And I'm still not a big fan of having the Studios be the most reliable spot for to find Mickey and company.

I totally agree with you. While I could see a Toontown working in Hollywood Studios, I personally think it really belongs in the Magic Kingdom. Every Toontown has been located in a Disneyland style park, and like you said, it just seems wrong that you would have to go to Studios to find the most reliable location for the fab 5's meet and greets.

I too would love to see a new, much better Toontown built in the Magic Kingdom...preferrably replacing the god-awful Tomorrowland Speedway.

mharrington

Original Poster
I totally agree with you. While I could see a Toontown working in Hollywood Studios, I personally think it really belongs in the Magic Kingdom. Every Toontown has been located in a Disneyland style park, and like you said, it just seems wrong that you would have to go to Studios to find the most reliable location for the fab 5's meet and greets.

I too would love to see a new, much better Toontown built in the Magic Kingdom...preferrably replacing the god-awful Tomorrowland Speedway.

The trouble is, the Speedway is placed right below the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, as well as in plain view of Space Mountain.

mharrington

Original Poster
If the Speedway is right within view of other Tomorrowland attractions, how can we make Toontown fit here without clashing with the theme?

Timon

Park to park attractions show up in different parks like Star Tours and Bugs. Putting a Toontown 2.0 at DHS between Disney Animation Plaza and Pixar is just as appropriate as any other park. DHS has a prime middle of the park location available and really could use a area focused on younger guests. Of course the other parks should have various character meet and greet oppertunities.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_tMmJnDHUoiU/T...eOZVr8Unuio/s640/DHS Prime Expansion Site.jpg

mharrington

Original Poster
But the thing I have against putting it in the Studios is that it would only further blur the boundaries between this park and the Magic Kingdom. And it would probably make this place the end-all for finding Mickey and the gang, something that should really fall to the Magic Kingdom.

Timon

But the thing I have against putting it in the Studios is that it would only further blur the boundaries between this park and the Magic Kingdom. And it would probably make this place the end-all for finding Mickey and the gang, something that should really fall to the Magic Kingdom.

I'm sure Mickey would still be ever present in the MK - stage shows, parades, walk-about and some unique meet and greet location. I don't like to think of 4 competing parks but as WDW a whole place.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm sure Mickey would still be ever present in the MK - stage shows, parades, walk-about and some unique meet and greet location. I don't like to think of 4 competing parks but as WDW a whole place.

Okay, this is off topic, but, well, two things: first, Mickey needs some place to be found reliably, because I don't think people will have the time or patience to try and hunt him down everywhere. And second, if WDW was a whole place, why would they charge individual prices for the parks?

Timon

Okay, this is off topic, but, well, two things: first, Mickey needs some place to be found reliably, because I don't think people will have the time or patience to try and hunt him down everywhere. And second, if WDW was a whole place, why would they charge individual prices for the parks?

I would think a Mickey meet 'n greet in each park would satisfy most guests searching for the "BIG" cheese.

I think the 4 parks should have equal pull, loading up the MK just makes a crowded park more crowded. Putting on my official Orlando Team Disney green visor - making each park equally special spreads out the crowds and (Ka-Khing!) makes more money.

Now an alternative Time-Line could have one park with all the WDW attractions in it. The amazing 2500 acre Magic Epcot Hollywood Animal Kingdom Studio! Talk about your sore feet!

mharrington

Original Poster
I would think a Mickey meet 'n greet in each park would satisfy most guests searching for the "BIG" cheese.

I just feel as though that Toontown was where Mickey lived and where he could be found reliably, but since it's been condemned, that robs Mickey of a place to be found. And since that was the Magic Kingdom, the most kid-friendly of the parks, I just think there needs to be an alternative to where Mickey can live, in that park.

Timon

I just think there needs to be an alternative to where Mickey can live, in that park.

I agree 100%. But, I would like some REAL WDI creative thinking as to what that should be. Not something done before in any Disney park. How about Tropical home in Adventureland. An Office on Main St. A Brave Little Tailor cottage in Fantasyland. A spaceship in Tomorrowland. Something UNIQUE.

mharrington

Original Poster
I agree 100%. But, I would like some REAL WDI creative thinking as to what that should be. Not something done before in any Disney park. How about Tropical home in Adventureland. An Office on Main St. A Brave Little Tailor cottage in Fantasyland. A spaceship in Tomorrowland. Something UNIQUE.

Well, don't you think Mickey needs a real home someplace? I think multiple spots is a bit overkill.

Timon

Well, don't you think Mickey needs a real home someplace?

I do, I just think DHS has the best location, best fit, for a Toontown 2.0. I also think they should start from scratch for the WDW Toontown and not make a carbon copy of any other park.

My list before were suggestion for a Mickey Meet 'n Greet in the MK, there should be equally elaborate MnG's for Mickey at Epcot and AK.

mharrington

Original Poster
I do, I just think DHS has the best location, best fit, for a Toontown 2.0. I also think they should start from scratch for the WDW Toontown and not make a carbon copy of any other park.

Well, maybe doing it over from scratch might be a good idea, but in other Disney parks, the Toontown is in a Magic Kingdom-type park. It's like that in Disneyland and in Tokyo Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom