A new Toontown at WDW (open brainstorming)

Omegadiz

I do know that the MK is the Disneyland of the park. But what has putting the emphasizing of "Disney" here got to do with anything? What do the cruises have to do with anything, too? All I'm saying is Mickey and the gang need real homes here, homes the guests can find. We should try and figure out how we can give them real prominent spots in both MK and the Studios. Isn't there something that can be done to accommodate both?

it was a play on words because Walts the namesake:ROFLOL:. Obviously, its only funny to me.:shrug:
I was saying that on the cruises they have the abilty to schedual a character for an amount of time and hae cut-off points. I know that a theme park would be different but the same concept could be applied imo. As for the houses, the story with the TTF was that Mickey and co. lived in California and vacationed in florida. Why not make it so the do something else in florida?

mharrington

Original Poster
As for the houses, the story with the TTF was that Mickey and co. lived in California and vacationed in florida. Why not make it so the do something else in florida?

I didn't even know where that story existed. And what did you have in mind for them to do something else in Florida? Look, I'm not opposed to having a Toontown-like area in the Studios, but I just don't want to leave the Magic Kingdom out, either.

Omegadiz

I honestly cant remember where i heard it, but my proof is that the houses are called country:
Mickey's Country House
Minnie's Country House.

As well as the fact that mickey is growing hudge pumpkins.

Disneyland has their regular houses and looks more like a regular little town and not a Country fair. I personally find a City w/ studio would make the most sense and would fit the theme of DHS. Im not opposed to any particular idea but i know the way Uni has it set is kinda tacky

Omegadiz

they could always revisit the Mickey ville concept for fl, however that would make fantasyland the center of attention. i never really liked the concept but its a suggestion.

MarkTwain

Hi-ho, Kermit the frog here, I had an idea to re-imagine Gadget's Go-Coaster in Disneyland Anaheim, and Tokyo Disneyland into Plane Crazy, a rollercoaster based on the cartoon of the same name.

I... I... I really like that idea. :dazzle: Especially if you painted the entire attraction black and white, and had it crash through a barn Barnstormer style...?

Omegadiz

i dont know what to call it, but maybe a land of faMOUSE parodies? this kinda ruins the muppet studio area expantion though.

maybe it could just be a major expanion of the animation courtyard but that would tie in with the studio/city theme i proposed earlier.
you got any ideas?

mharrington

Original Poster
i dont know what to call it, but maybe a land of faMOUSE parodies? this kinda ruins the muppet studio area expantion though.

maybe it could just be a major expanion of the animation courtyard but that would tie in with the studio/city theme i proposed earlier.
you got any ideas?

None, I'm afraid. I'm trying to figure out how we can have a Toontown-like area in both the MK and the Studios.

Omegadiz

Toon Town Retro!
for the studios, it would focus on the early cartoons, with a white-faced pie-eyed characters and a few spots completely black and white. it could lead out of the animation building as your "finding older sketches." The difference between this and toon town is that it wouldnt be focused on gags, but a lot of merry melodies. It would also be interesting if it had that effect the Animator's Palate restaurant aboard the ships where the walls change from black and white, to color. The trees(AAs) would sing and dance evey once and a while to create the merry melodies effect.

a small ROA boat ride themed to Steam Boat Willy

The Barn Stormer rethemed to "plane crazy"

Dark ride based on MD&G (mickey donald and goofy) like the ghost hunters or clock cleaners.

not really in love with this idea, but it works

mharrington

Original Poster
Toon Town Retro!
for the studios, it would focus on the early cartoons, with a white-faced pie-eyed characters and a few spots completely black and white. it could lead out of the animation building as your "finding older sketches." The difference between this and toon town is that it wouldnt be focused on gags, but a lot of merry melodies. It would also be interesting if it had that effect the Animator's Palate restaurant aboard the ships where the walls change from black and white, to color. The trees(AAs) would sing and dance evey once and a while to create the merry melodies effect.

a small ROA boat ride themed to Steam Boat Willy

The Barn Stormer rethemed to "plane crazy"

Dark ride based on MD&G (mickey donald and goofy) like the ghost hunters or clock cleaners.

not really in love with this idea, but it works

I suppose that could work, but first of all, "merry melodies" was from Warner Bros. Disney had Silly Symphonies. And second of all, what about the Magic Kingdom?

Omegadiz

you cant blame me for the mix up. They were both rather odd things to watch on tv.

But for MK im thinkin either Mickey Ville or Disney Town

Mickey Ville because it would tie into fantasyland and could inspire use of the Musketeer attire (im really jealous that TDS had them(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNmALyyu-ro) but this wouldnt be the Toon Town of the kingdom but a lot of gags are around. Speaking of gags, Disney Toons dont really do gags like that.

Gags that could work:
  • Starter kits that read : Dragon Sleighing for Beginers
  • How to impress your lady on a first date
The town you be a toon fairy tale village.

Disney Town would be more modern than MV. It wouldnt look like DLs at all(besides all the color and rounded objects) It would be their city, not as urban as my plan for DHS. It would be a real place they live. So shops that they would shop at, sports they would play, Mickey mouse club house for the kids (temperary) i cant really describe what i see in my head.

TRONorail10

Streets of America would be the logical place for a Toontown in DHS. A complete renovation would have to take place, but at least it would give imagineers plenty of room to work with. Plus, Muppetvision would blend in nicely to it without having to remove the attraction. Narnia and One Man's Dream have to go, so that Pixar Place can expand and build another attraction. Narnia has no place in Disney anymore since Disney dumped the movie franchise (big mistake). One Man's Dream could easily be moved into the Odyssey building at Epcot. They can do without the theater and simply play the film throughout the exhibit on smaller lcd tv's. EPCOT is Walt's living legacy, so it would be a nice fit.

Omegadiz

^With that plan, muppets studios wouldnt happen. there still has to be a "streets" in order for LMA to fit. for some reason i think PP shouldnt take over AC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom