A New Magic Kingdom

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
It's time to make a list- a list of things that you would like to see taken out, or refurbed in the park Starting with the MK, and maybe what you would like to see there.
The Swiss Familiy Robinson Treehouse should become the Tarzan Treehouse, with some interactive elements for kids, and maybe a play area up top.

TAKE OUT THE INDY SPEEDWAY - this ride takes up too much room that could be used for something a lot more efficient. They could make a pretty cool slow car ride on main street, behind the right hand side, in old cars, you know the ones with cranks on the front - and the kids could drive through themeing from that era??? main street needs an attraction? i don't know.. haha

Snow White's Scary Adventure- needs a major rehab to bring it up to date.

20K - enough said.

TOONTOWN- this area needs some major work! at least one or two more kid friendly attractions, with a bigger play area than Donald's Boat - this area has a lot of potential to be much better!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
About 3 years ago (probably more), I spoke with a gentleman who is fairly high up in Ride and Show Engineering... I wish I had remembered his name, but remember, this was over 3 years ago. He was telling me that if it were up to him, he'd close the Magic Kingdom, raze the park, and rebuild using original blueprints, simply because things in MK are in such constant disrepair.

All I said was wow.

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by mkt
About 3 years ago (probably more), I spoke with a gentleman who is fairly high up in Ride and Show Engineering... I wish I had remembered his name, but remember, this was over 3 years ago. He was telling me that if it were up to him, he'd close the Magic Kingdom, raze the park, and rebuild using original blueprints, simply because things in MK are in such constant disrepair.

All I said was wow.

Funny - your Ride & Show dude makes Grizz sound like Pollyanna! ;)

I guess those 30,000 and upwards people going there every single day are all wrong!

P.S. Leave the raceway alone, dude. This is a ride that is for the little guys and girls and they love it.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by jrriddle
I agree..."Wow"
That's quite a statement.
Did he go into any more detail?

nope... that's as direct of a quote as I can go on, having been over 3 years since I spoke to the guy.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by MKCP 1986
I guess those 30,000 and upwards people going there every single day are all wrong!

nah... they just don't know any better

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
First Step

Forget the long range plans, I would just like the current unused buildings and sites populated...especially at Epcot. While I love it, at times it reminds me of a downtown street in an area that just lost its main employer.

At MK definitely do something with 20K and half of Tomorroland.

MGM ignoring the work on the SS, there are also a lot of vacancies.

...and to paraphrase from another post, we don't need no mo stinkin' shops, pin sites, DVC or the like.

NADisney

ok...."If" I could fix the MK .

Take ToonTown out and replace it with Ariel's grotto: Home of the Little Mermaid, the stage show from dis-mgm would be located here also..same show diffrent name,and under the sea-coaster,sebastions' orchestra colliope,jumpin jeelyfish, a splashy water garden starring Flotsome and Jetsome in the center,ariels home with alot of collectibles and meet and greet area, a statue of prince eric..,king tritons carousel and palace which is the exit area of the show...the train would be re located a little further down the pathnear tomorrowland with a 20,000 leagues theme to go with both themed lands.

Lagoon would be filled and two or three new dark rides added,the show building for 20,000 would be fixed as a large mountian not as big as the castle or everest or the matterhorn,but kid freindly but still menacing ,the enterance would be located in the mermaid section we have now next to pinnochios resturant , "Villians Revenge" would take place inside /outside here .

Get abourd the Black Raven and come face to face with disney's most horrific villans in this bobsled type ride-travel up hill and meet Chernabog as he sends you deep into /out,and around the mountain meeting the disney villans up to there old tricks to take over "The Happiest Kingdom of All".

just my Imaginenation gone Wild....LOL

here we go...

Well here are my ideas. No ariel's grotto. Bad idea. Let's atleast leave a few attractions which are unique to their own park so it's not the same experience over and over again. One of the sub lagoons in either dl or wdw should be kept and up graded to major scales because everyone loves that ride. I know they have one in tokyo, but is't it a simulator or something anyway? How about this, replace histk's at mgm with an expanded version of toon town and do it right over their with a core disney character dark ride and a massive disney themed play land. With that extra room, you could do a multitude of things. 1. A new toad ride with indiana jones tech, 2. alladin dark ride, or how about a hercules dark raft ride or something, lots of possibilities. I agree, take out tl speed way. I like the idea of putting in an antique car ride on main street using theming from that era. I actually played around with a simular idea too. You could also put the speedway in epcot next to tt to make up for no jr autopia, and there are hardly any kid friendly rides over there, so that would be perfect. Replace speedway with tron 2.0 lightcycles ride to add to the sci-fi fantasyland theme of tommorrowland. Just get rid of snow white and put in a new dark ride. Fire mountainj in adventureland and western expedition and geyser ride in fronteirland to replace tom sawyer island.

cherrynegra

Originally posted by mkt

All I said was wow.

Actually, I don't think that would be a bad idea for Disneyland as well. However, it would be difficult what with it's location and being the only Disney park on that side of the country other than DCA.

But as far as Magic Kingdom, I agree completely with razing it down. There are a few lands that are just a mess in terms of ride placement and traffic congestion. Don't you just wish you were in charge with a bajillon dollars at your disposal?

AllAmerican

Just my oppinion but I am sick and tired of the "OLD RIDES" being demolished to bring in the new. Furthermore jamming new rides in the middle of the walkways and cluttering exits with gift shops is just plain UN-Disney...

How about remodeling what we have and expanding the park...

Stop eliminating rides!!! and that idea about changing the Swiss Family Tree House to the Tarzan Tree House?? Come on dude... must I remind you of how they screwed the pooch on the Tiki Room? I MISS THE OLD. And how about Mr. Toad?? And how long before they get rid of the carousel of progress?

Update and modify but keep the nuggets that Walt created.... expand upon those ideas and move forward...

M.Eisner has this profit first idea and he forgot how Walt wanted it done... imagineering first and "that building full of accountants" will figure out how to make it happen.

SirGoofy

In Fantasyland I would bring Toad back, and I would add a Kingdom Hearts thrill ride where 20K is. In Tomorrowland I would add AE back in. In Adventureland I would create an Indiana Jones type ride with a Muppet theme.

Originally posted by AllAmerican
Just my oppinion but I am sick and tired of the "OLD RIDES" being demolished to bring in the new. Furthermore jamming new rides in the middle of the walkways and cluttering exits with gift shops is just plain UN-Disney...

How about remodeling what we have and expanding the park...

Stop eliminating rides!!! and that idea about changing the Swiss Family Tree House to the Tarzan Tree House?? Come on dude... must I remind you of how they screwed the pooch on the Tiki Room? I MISS THE OLD. And how about Mr. Toad?? And how long before they get rid of the carousel of progress?

Update and modify but keep the nuggets that Walt created.... expand upon those ideas and move forward...

M.Eisner has this profit first idea and he forgot how Walt wanted it done... imagineering first and "that building full of accountants" will figure out how to make it happen.

First of all, cop will never leave because walt specifically requested and probally had put in writing that the cop would never be removed or replaced. As far as changing old rides, it is sometimes a good idea. They don't always do the best job with the space, but usually a change needed to be made. And by your way of thinking, flight to the moon and other out dated attractions should never had been replaced. And where exactly do you expect them to expand. There isn't an unlimited amount of space behind everything. There is usually show houses, backstage areas and employee facilities and that kind of thing, so expansion isn't nessisarily an option with out taking something out. And why keep an attraction that gets no visitors when you can build a new one that will increase attendance and make everyone happy. Walt himself said mk would never be complete as long as imagination is left in the world. And even if they did have the room to expand infinitly, that would only increase the cost to the consumer faster than it already is. It's not like anyone is suggesting potc or the haunted mansion to be taken out, so what's the big deal. Think of what we wouldn't have if none of walts ideas were shelved or eliminated, no buzz, no ae, no epcot park. And walt originally wanted no clone attractions in any parks which would mean no potc, peter pan, snow white, toad, 20 k, jungle cruise, tiki room, or a multitude of attractions that never would have seen the east coast, none of the attractions that you complain about being replaced would have been there in the first place. Granted, poor ideas have been realized to generate a quick buck, but you just seem afraid of change.

sissa216

Originally posted by SirGoofy
In Fantasyland I would bring Toad back, and I would add a Kingdom Hearts thrill ride where 20K is. In Tomorrowland I would add AE back in. In Adventureland I would create an Indiana Jones type ride with a Muppet theme.

The reason AE was taken out is because it didn't fit. It would have done amazingly well at the Studios, but it was too scary for kids in the MK and didn't fit with the theming of tomorrowland.
I hope they don't bring the muppets into the MK..it doesn't fit the classic Disney theming. I love the muppets, but they need to stay at MGM (I'm all for a ride for them though).

On another tangent..we could argue all year long about replacing/updating classic attractions vs. bringing in completely new ones. And we'll never be in agreement. I do not agree that the MK needs to be completely redone from scratch, but as much as I hate to see some of my favorite attractions disappear, it has to be done. For several reasons- to keep it fresh and attract new audiences, to avoid becoming outdated, etc. Disney can't please 100% of the people all the time.

Originally posted by sissa216
The reason AE was taken out is because it didn't fit. It would have done amazingly well at the Studios, but it was too scary for kids in the MK and didn't fit with the theming of tomorrowland.
I hope they don't bring the muppets into the MK..it doesn't fit the classic Disney theming. I love the muppets, but they need to stay at MGM (I'm all for a ride for them though).

On another tangent..we could argue all year long about replacing/updating classic attractions vs. bringing in completely new ones. And we'll never be in agreement. I do not agree that the MK needs to be completely redone from scratch, but as much as I hate to see some of my favorite attractions disappear, it has to be done. For several reasons- to keep it fresh and attract new audiences, to avoid becoming outdated, etc. Disney can't please 100% of the people all the time.

Can I get an amen?!!

ZHoyt

they definately need to keep the treehouse as it is. in simple terms, tarzan sucked and swiss family robinson is an all time classic.

i agree that snow white needs a major revisioning, and cop is way outdated. even with the tacked on new scene, the futurist attitude embodied by disney and the 50s and 60s just seems so out of touch today. if it's to be kept, i say get rid of the awful new scene, and leave it as an entirely nostalgic show.

Originally posted by ZHoyt
they definately need to keep the treehouse as it is. in simple terms, tarzan sucked and swiss family robinson is an all time classic.

i agree that snow white needs a major revisioning, and cop is way outdated. even with the tacked on new scene, the futurist attitude embodied by disney and the 50s and 60s just seems so out of touch today. if it's to be kept, i say get rid of the awful new scene, and leave it as an entirely nostalgic show.

Cop is absolutely perfect just the way it is, and people who don't like it probally wouldn't like it in any incarnation. And the new version is definetly better than the old version

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom