A Mostly-EPCOT Update

brkgnews

Original Poster
Here we go -- pix from my Apr 23-28 trip. First up... a ton of Project Tomorrow Pix...

2007-04-ProjTom01.jpg

Globe Screen From The Side...
2007-04-ProjTom02.jpg

Folks hanging out at Body Builder
2007-04-ProjTom03.jpg

Coming Soon: Megacities!
2007-04-ProjTom04.jpg

Some kid playing Super Driver
2007-04-ProjTom05.jpg

A view of the future...
2007-04-ProjTom06.jpg

Globe plus screens, plus some humans for scale.
2007-04-ProjTom07.jpg

Another view of the future...
2007-04-ProjTom08.jpg

'Build your dreams for tomorrow...'
2007-04-ProjTom09.jpg

More to come...

brkgnews

Original Poster
We'll help make your dreams come true!
2007-04-ProjTom10.jpg

...on Spaceship Earth!
2007-04-ProjTom11.jpg

Shaping the future together... Siemens.
2007-04-ProjTom12.jpg

Coming soon... :sohappy:
2007-04-ProjTom13.jpg

...you will create the future!
2007-04-ProjTom14.jpg

SSE Logo
2007-04-ProjTom15.jpg

Body Builder Logo
2007-04-ProjTom16.jpg

Super Driver logo
2007-04-ProjTom17.jpg

Lounge windows still with black plastic inside.
2007-04-ProjTom18.jpg

More to come...

brkgnews

Original Poster
Some Disney Channel games stuff outside American Adventure...
2007-04-Diz01.jpg

Pic taken through five-foot tall "look away!" trees.
2007-04-Diz02.jpg

Looks like some kind of red carpet thing...
2007-04-Diz03.jpg

Errr.... GREEN carpet thing...
2007-04-Diz04.jpg

The logos on the backdrop...
2007-04-Diz05.jpg

Just a pretty shot...
2007-04-Pretty01.jpg

Flowers blanket the waterways of FutureWorld...
2007-04-Pretty02.jpg

Hello, Mickey...
2007-04-Pretty03.jpg

Pretty Flowers outside Mexico...
2007-04-Pretty04.jpg

Communicore carpet near Character Connection...
2007-04-Carpet.jpg

More to come...

SDav10495

Fantastic shots! The shadow of the girl "choosing her future" excites me. I also like seeing that they've designed separate logos for the "sub-attractions" in the post show...so they're not quite as concise and brilliant as the original pavilion logos, but they're still great and certainly better than no logos at all. They help further unify the (soon-to-come) updated ride with the post show the same way the 1982 logos maintained a consistent style and message throughout the whole park--who knows, this really could be the start of the logo renaissance so many of us dream of.

And of course, I might as well mention that the Super Driver logo takes me back to Horizons. No, not as beautiful a design, and probably not exactly what Siemens had in mind when it was designed, but I'm glad that it at least brings back the memory. :)

brkgnews

Original Poster
Quick jaunt to MK...

One of the two American AAs was gone from IASW...
2007-04-IASW.jpg

Nice shot of the castle and Spectro from near Splash...
2007-04-Spectro.jpg

Off to Pop Century Now...

Ooohhh... new soaps and shampoos...
2007-04-SoapShamp.jpg

It pays to tip Mousekeeping! Turn-downs every day! At a Value resort, no less!
2007-04-TurnDown.jpg

OK -- now for some controversy... looks like they've given up on resort-specific mugs...
2007-04-Mug01.jpg

Only the skinny ones are available now -- no fat ones. And the way you identify different family members mugs is by the HANDLE color. All lids are blue now.
2007-04-Mug02.jpg

2007 is on these now, rather than a resort name.
2007-04-Mug03.jpg

That's all, folks!

Hummer1676

Keep them coming... I am psyched that some TLC is being show to SSE. I want to see this to all the pavillions. I would love to see logo's for all the pavillions again. Thanks for the great pics.

Chernobog

Yeah, I want this one on my desktop too. This is a beautiful shot! If only we could get a great ride back in those pyramids...sigh...still a great shot though!

lpet11984

Fantastic pictures!! I particularly love the ones with Imagination/Monorail and the castle at night!

Thanks for the updates as well-- exciting stuff happening at SSE!

Cmdr_Crimson

SSE Logo
2007-04-ProjTom15.jpg

Body Builder Logo
2007-04-ProjTom16.jpg

Super Driver logo
2007-04-ProjTom17.jpg

Now if they can only use Body Builder for WOL And Super Driver for TT plus get a whole slew for the remainder of Future World we got ourselves some new logo's!!!:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Please, please, please... let's not turn this into a mug fight thread. I'm beggin' ya. I don't want it locked before it even gets started.
huh? A mug fight thread? Please. You posted the pictures, I commented on the picture. I believe that is the point of this thread, and I think only having one cup design for all of the resorts is garbage and diminishes how special it feels staying at a resort. If you didn't want me to comment on the picture, you shouldn't have posted it.

brkgnews

Original Poster
huh? A mug fight thread? Please. You posted the pictures, I commented on the picture. I believe that is the point of this thread, and I think only having one cup design for all of the resorts is garbage and diminishes how special it feels staying at a resort. If you didn't want me to comment on the picture, you shouldn't have posted it.
I'm good with that, and agree with your assesment on the unique resort stuff disappearing -- I'm just saying that I don't want to hear anybody pull out the "Hahhah! Now all you drink thieves are getting your comeuppance!"

beachclubbasics

My kids thought that the SSE post show is very Star Trek looking...which would be very fitting if Disney could get Patrick Stewart to narrate..lol . (BTW, Pat is a friend so maybe I can put in a good word with him.....)

Does anyone know if SSE's post-show will be open when the rest of the ride is down? I'd love to see it while I'm there.

What's going on with the Native American AA that's gone missing from IASW? I'm Native American and really never liked the placement of the AA....looked like he was getting roped by the cowboy, but now he's gone???????

EpcotGrl

Maybe I've lived on the coast too long, but the new logo says "HURRICANE" to me :lookaroun

Great pictures, though! Thanks for the update! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom