A Mostly-EPCOT Update

k.hunter30

Anyone know exactly what will be accomplished when SSE closes May 7-10? We'll be there the 5-11 and will definitely ride it on the 5th but are wondering if it's worth it to check out what they did for those few days on the 11th...:shrug:

ddbutts1

We just came back from AS Movies last week, didn't like the new mug but bought it anyway. There is no policing the old mug usage, saw Pop Century, old AS Music (6 years), the last version AS Music, and even a local convience store mugs! I personally would be embarrassed if I was using a mug that was so obviously not the current one!

the-reason14

Im really excited about the SSE rehab, and all those pics just gets me more excited.

On another note, it kinda sucks that they changes the resort mugs to be the same, but smart at the same time, now they dont have to worry about people using old ones, and when this celebration is over with, they dont have to worry about the current ones being brought up again.

llrain

while on the mug hijacking from this thread..
last week when we went to blizzard beach the mugs you purchased
they were inserting bar code stickers on them as they were sold.
and when you go up to the dispenser you first have to scan your
barcode, and if it clears the sodas not become available to flow
maybe a sign of things to come for everywhere

Also last week when we were there the beach club still had their own
mug....I didnt see where this mug came from but perhaps its a
pop century/all star universal mug ..The boardwalk stilll had their own as well as the beach and yacht club

WDWRLD

while on the mug hijacking from this thread..
last week when we went to blizzard beach the mugs you purchased
they were inserting bar code stickers on them as they were sold.
and when you go up to the dispenser you first have to scan your
barcode, and if it clears the sodas not become available to flow
maybe a sign of things to come for everywhere

Also last week when we were there the beach club still had their own
mug....I didnt see where this mug came from but perhaps its a
pop century/all star universal mug ..The boardwalk stilll had their own as well as the beach and yacht club

They already tried the bar code thing at I think at one of the all stars and apparently it didnt work well because we havent seen it anywhere else since.

I believe that is the point of this thread, and I think only having one cup design for all of the resorts is garbage and diminishes how special it feels staying at a resort.

So buy a sticker and slap it on the mug...or buy a t-shirt. A mug shouldn't make or break that "special" feeling you get for staying at a resort.

ToTBellHop

So buy a sticker and slap it on the mug...or buy a t-shirt. A mug shouldn't make or break that "special" feeling you get for staying at a resort.
if I have to slap a sticker on merchandise at Disney World, I am very concerned. Of all the things Disney would allow to slip, you know when merchandise starts slipping (a major cash cow), things are not going well.

if I have to slap a sticker on merchandise at Disney World, I am very concerned. Of all the things Disney would allow to slip, you know when merchandise starts slipping (a major cash cow), things are not going well.

Not going well??? Ok...Disney NEVER fails to turn a profit..

the only thing Disney means by loss...is they don't make as much money as they thought they were going to. Things are going find and dandy in the land of the mouse...trust me.

If anything. I can't blame disney for taking ONE item...and making it a universal thing...its a mug...its not like they are opening a chain of hotels on property and closing everything else down. It's a 5$ piece of plastic that they sell for 15$...and I'm sure if MORE people at each hotel would buy them...they would be able to keep up with the resort by resort mugs...its simple supply and demand...

ToTBellHop

I meant going bad for quality at the Resort. When cutting corners reaches merchandising, I have a problem with how things are being run. Supply and demand wasn't the issue--most people staying for more than a few days bought the mugs, anyway. This is an issue of Disney being cheap, and while it won't hurt profits, it is yet another step to cheapen the Disney experience along with the entire Disney Parks "campaign."

Epcot American Gardens Theatre

Only 31 days to go --we will be in the area from June 21st until July6th
and I just can`t find out what will be on at the American Gardens Theatre.
Does anyone know? I expect we will take our old Dixie Landings mugs and
see what happens!!

joekardos

patricia27: you can find almost anything regarding showtimes at walt disney world at http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/. then click on epcot at the top and scroll down until you find the "sounds like summer" title.

during your stay, tributes to the beegees, garth brooks, and aretha franklin will play at the america gardens theatre.

I expect we will take our old Dixie Landings mugs and see what happens!!

LIke usual nothing will happen. You will be able to use your old mugs, becuase it is better in Disney's eyes to let you cheat than make a scene and ask you to stop.

And since you already have decided it is okay to cheat and steal, by using a mug you know your not supposed to use, it is between you and your conscience.

And you already told us your conscience says you don't care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom