A look at the Magic Kingdom guide map - minus Mickey's Toontown Fai

tirian

Magical construction walls that bored housewife bloggers will spend five days every week taking thousands of photos of, of course!:)

Besides, because of the thinning of trees to begin with plus the construction you can already see so much (or could last week).

I'm glad someone caught the sarcasm.

Ah the Magic and Pixie Dust of this MAGICAL place just cant keep you away huh.

And that's why most of my friends are Brits.

WDW1974

Ah the Magic and Pixie Dust of this MAGICAL place just cant keep you away huh.

Well, it's either that or sitting here listening to the Carpenters singing 'We've Only Just Begun' over and over while clutching my Figment plush.:eek::ROFLOL:

But I felt like dropping in while I had the time ...

On a more serious note, what's your opinion of the way Disney has been (mostly in Orlando) courting the blogger crowd? Especially giving anyone and everyone free Disney Dream cruises and 2-3 nights at the GF or Poly. I'm not talking about big and legit sites such as this one (although I assume you didn't go?) ... or LP.com or Mouseplanet etc ... I'm talking about smalltimers who may get 112 hits on a very good day.

It would seem to be a dumb marketing move by Disney on so many levels, not the least of which is Disney isn't going to be attracting new guests on sites that preach to the choir.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
mickey's philharmagic has also had the "FP" symbol removed.

for all of you collectors out there... toontown/fantasyland cms were given farewell bandannas commemorating toontown's opening/closing and VIP lanyards to "party" in there for one night only.

It would be awesome to have a big block party back there. Kegs, BBQ, Beerpong in Minnie's Kitchen, horseshoes at donald's...lots of possibilities.

Figment1986

On a more serious note, what's your opinion of the way Disney has been (mostly in Orlando) courting the blogger crowd? Especially giving anyone and everyone free Disney Dream cruises and 2-3 nights at the GF or Poly. I'm not talking about big and legit sites such as this one (although I assume you didn't go?) ... or LP.com or Mouseplanet etc ... I'm talking about smalltimers who may get 112 hits on a very good day.

:cry::cry::cry: that is all...

Atomicmickey

OK, so I was in MK on Toontown's last day. Got a park map.

I was there YESTERDAY. Park maps still showed Toontown! I looked in three different places! How'd you get it so fast?

Plus--you guys are too fast around here. I take pictures of the new wall, get on a plane three hours later, wake up this morning, and the pics are already up.:lol:

I tried to contribute, I really did, lol. I got pics of the newly demolished Pleasure Island buildings. Those are on here. Tortuga Tavern. That's on here.

I bow to the masters of instant information, lol.

WDW1974

I like it more when they are clueless and don't replace park maps and times guides as scheduled.

Like last May when I was in Tower Gifts (at ToT exit) and one register was filled with Chiristmas maps with the OzzyMagicalLightFest on the cover.

Or recently on 2/5 (when I was looking for a schedule starting on 2/6) at the Emporium when I went to grab one and found they still had the ones that began on 1/23.

It's not simply bad show and dumb (although it is both), but it can mess with someone's trip if they pick one up and assume (and one wouldn't be wrong to do so) it is correct and get bad information on hours, entertainment, attraction and dining openings/closings etc.

juniorthomas

OK, so I was in MK on Toontown's last day. Got a park map.

I was there YESTERDAY. Park maps still showed Toontown! I looked in three different places! How'd you get it so fast?

Plus--you guys are too fast around here. I take pictures of the new wall, get on a plane three hours later, wake up this morning, and the pics are already up.:lol:

I tried to contribute, I really did, lol. I got pics of the newly demolished Pleasure Island buildings. Those are on here. Tortuga Tavern. That's on here.

I bow to the masters of instant information, lol.

A for effort though.

juniorthomas

Well, it's either that or sitting here listening to the Carpenters singing 'We've Only Just Begun' over and over while clutching my Figment plush.:eek::ROFLOL:

But I felt like dropping in while I had the time ...

It would seem to be a dumb marketing move by Disney on so many levels, not the least of which is Disney isn't going to be attracting new guests on sites that preach to the choir.

They actually did that? Looks like payola is back...

WDW1974

They actually did that? Looks like payola is back...

Did it?

In spades. They gave away millions of dollars in cruises/vacations for the Dream launch and most of it went to bloggers ... most of the very insignificant variety, all of the Disney can do no wrong variety.

Much easier to buy off folks who already are addicted to pixie dust than actual journalists who may not (GASP!!!) even like Disney.

juniorthomas

Did it?

In spades. They gave away millions of dollars in cruises/vacations for the Dream launch and most of it went to bloggers ... most of the very insignificant variety, all of the Disney can do no wrong variety.

Much easier to buy off folks who already are addicted to pixie dust than actual journalists who may not (GASP!!!) even like Disney.

I'd just like to put it out there that I am addicted to pixie dust AND I have some time free in September. <sits back and waits for his phone to ring>

asianway

I like it more when they are clueless and don't replace park maps and times guides as scheduled.

Like last May when I was in Tower Gifts (at ToT exit) and one register was filled with Chiristmas maps with the OzzyMagicalLightFest on the cover.

Or recently on 2/5 (when I was looking for a schedule starting on 2/6) at the Emporium when I went to grab one and found they still had the ones that began on 1/23.

It's not simply bad show and dumb (although it is both), but it can mess with someone's trip if they pick one up and assume (and one wouldn't be wrong to do so) it is correct and get bad information on hours, entertainment, attraction and dining openings/closings etc.

None of those beat the 2010 MNSSHP map where they simply copied, pasted, and changed the date neglecting the fact Space Mountain reopened from refurb in the interim.

DarthGrady

Wonder where they buried Timekeeper, Skyway buckets and Horizons objects.

Anyway, if they had done Toontown in WDW like it was done in DL I wonder if we would be having this discussion about FLE.

Upstairs in Imagination, the same place they buried the dignity of The Living Seas. :ROFLOL:

Seriously though, good riddance to Toontown. I hated every time I had to walk through that crowded mess.

juniorthomas

Aw kinda sad, but once the new Fantasyland attractions are done and on the map it's gonna look AMAZING! As cute as Toontown is (I feel like they should have kept Mickey's house instead of the Branstormer), I went once as a child and never needed to back, so I'm really looking forward to the expansion.

Even if you hate the idea of FLE, you're probably going to at least check it out. I went to Toontown once in my entire life as well. I thought it was okay, but I never felt the need to go back. The expansion seems to be a lot more interesting than Toontown anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom