A little tidbit a heard about wonders building

Shaman

One giant pavilion would be cool! Especially one with two or even three rides.

A weather pavilion at Epcot would be great...however, in the spot next to the Seas...I think I'd rather see a sea based attraction connected to that pavilion...The Seas is so tiny compared to The Land...shouldn't it be the other way around?

:lookaroun:lol::shrug:

jt04

So what will? :lookaroun

:D

Yes what will happen???? It seems that the vision that built Future World is lost and nothing happens of significance in World Showcase . I mean it cost a Billion dollars in 1980's dollars and now it seems it is a refurb here and there and an E ticket every few years to keep the crowds, but where is the long term VISION? It can't be the money holding back Epcot. No way! Can anyone explain this? I mean really explain it? Do they fear they will bury Universal and Sea World and KSC? That is my only theory :confused:

Lee

Adventurer
And how can you be positive the Space pavilion would never expand. I am confused about that???????

Never said that.
Of course Space could expand. They could eventually pony up the money to build out the original concept. They could...but they won't.
Original_Space_Pavilion.jpg

What also won't happen is Space taking over the Wonders site. That is not now, nor to my knowledge has it ever been, a plan.

jt04

So why hasn't Epcot grown over the years? Are they really afraid of putting the competition out of business????:confused:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So why hasn't Epcot grown over the years? Are they really afraid of putting the competition out of business????:confused:

Interesting...but in reality isn't Disney's main competition-Disney itself?

Of the top five of Theme park attendance figures, Disney holds all five positions.

Epcot's competition would be MK,AK, DHS. etc.,etc.

(DHS-doesn't THAT look weird! :lol: )

Shaman

IMO, it is. This is the second time this week that a thread has had to be gutted due to drifting into the same political discussion/argument. Cut it out, ALL of you!

I didn't think it was all that bad....but...whatever, if you insist. Now...what is going to happen to the Universe of Energy?

:lookaroun

jt04

I didn't think it was all that bad....but...whatever, if you insist. Now...what is going to happen to the Universe of Energy?

:lookaroun

Let it become obsolete over the next couple years (if it isn't already) and then remove the vehicles and show sets. Then move the dinosaurs over to a new attraction at Dinoland and then rebuild the original Horizons set in the Energy building. Or as close as they can get it to the original in theme with 21st century technology. Then rename it New Horizons or v2.0:animwink: . That is my dream anyway! I love this Blue Sky stuff. It is fun. Any other ideas?

PaisleyMF

I was thinking, Didn't the General Electric Pavilion was kinda similar to the WoL building (the building in the World Fair 1964). And in that building wasn't house Carousel of Progress?

This is my Blue Sky: Move CoP to Epcot, make WoL a Imaginer pavilion, where you can see from the Blue Sky to a Finished ride (CoP) as Disney Intended to be. Maybe some exhibits from pass attractions. and use the CoP building on MK to house a Meet The Robinsons Ride / Attraction.

this is a link to an image of the Pavilion: http://extinct-attractions-club.com/cccb.jpg

jt04

I was thinking, Didn't the General Electric Pavilion was kinda similar to the WoL building (the building in the World Fair 1964). And in that building wasn't house Carousel of Progress?

This is my Blue Sky: Move CoP to Epcot, make WoL a Imaginer pavilion, where you can see from the Blue Sky to a Finished ride (CoP) as Disney Intended to be. Maybe some exhibits from pass attractions. and use the CoP building on MK to house a Meet The Robinsons Ride / Attraction.

this is a link to an image of the Pavilion: http://extinct-attractions-club.com/cccb.jpg

Hmmmm, very interesting! Great idea, but the CoP purists won't like it:lookaroun

MrsPortiaB

Not to cause a thread drift, but I'm a little disappointed that I missed out on seeing the "Making of Me" show with Martin Short the other times I was at Epcot with my family.

It was closed last Sept. and it won't be open this Sept. and if it's true that the other shows besides CC and BW in WOL pavilion will be closed it doesn't look as though I'm going to be able to see it at Epcot in the future either. :(

Does anyone know if there are any free videos of it online? I haven't seen anything on YouTube/Google Video :shrug:

PrincessJessica

I like the Imagineer Pavilion idea.. but I think it doesn't fit into the whole technology/life/etc theme.

I seriously hope WoL won't turn into another Odyssey or Millenium Village deal. :(

jedimaster1227

I seriously hope WoL won't turn into another Odyssey or Millenium Village deal. :(

Its been playing the "Horizons" game in "On/Off" mode for years. At least if it becomes a new convention space, more money will be made for the park, meaning bigger budgets for projects we have been waiting too long for. Trust me when I say that this move is only going to help Epcot in its growth over the next few years. The money will be put to good use, and from what I have been told, priorities have been set in place, and the lineup is nothing but wonderful. I have faith in this new management (i.e. Jim Macphee) because I have been told by many of his co-workers that he cares more about Epcot than most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom