'A Frozen Holiday Wish' to begin November 5

Rinx

It seems so many people have indeed been sucked into the Frozen abyss. Farewell, enjoy it, love it, and all the power to you. Me and probably so many others will just shake our heads from the outside.

note2001

It seems so many people have indeed been sucked into the Frozen abyss. Farewell, enjoy it, love it, and all the power to you. Me and probably so many others will just shake our heads from the outside.

You contradicted yourself there. On one hand you seem to say "enjoy" on the other you are mocking them. Even if you don't love the frozen theme, why would you shake your head at those who do?

By the way, I'm not a fan of Frozen either, it's cute but I had no desire to see Elsa, the parade or even visit Oaken's. However, if Disney wants to let Frozen run in their parks for 3 years, let 'em. It's their product and not all folk who love it can drop everything to make a quick trip to Disney to see it all.

lebeau

But wait, act now and you can also get this for even more Frozen excitement. :eek::rolleyes::arghh::facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ywood-studios-frozen-holiday-premium-package/
Offered November 7 – 19, November 21 – December 9 and December 11 – January 4, 2015, this package includes reserved seating for a performance of “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at the Premiere Theatre, and reserved Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights viewing and Frozen-themed dessert party (which will feature mini Anna cupcakes and mini Elsa cupcake, among other delicious treats) in the evening, and a holiday themed lithograph and “Frozen” pin.

The package costs $89 per adult and $59 per child (ages 3 – 9), plus tax (gratuity is included). Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required and is not included in this package price.

And the award for least surprising development of the week goes to... yet another Disney upcharge!

Rinx

You contradicted yourself there. On one hand you seem to say "enjoy" on the other you are mocking them. Even if you don't love the frozen theme, why would you shake your head at those who do?

Allow me to clarify: Of course I would never tell people to stop doing what they want to do hence farewell and enjoy it etc. because I know they will, they want to be there. And that's absolutely fine. I'm shaking my head not at them but at Disney for manipulating everyone inside for making them think everything Frozen is the greatest thing in the world. But it's a business, I understand. I guess I just wish it was something else IDK. Bleh I'm whatever lol

Magenta Panther

Wouldn't Cinderella have to give some kind of OK to have her castle turned into an icy abode? Maybe she'll look out the window, see the weirdo with her magical ice powers and send out a phalanx of soldiers to forcibly remove the problem.....

Or sic the Fairy Godmother on her! :D

But it's really no big deal. This is just a response to current popular demand. Cindy will get her castle back eventually, and at least this show isn't a desecration to a Disney park's main motif. It's not like they're painting the Matterhorn green or anything... ;)

Animaniac93-98

There's no arguing with such a well-composed criticism. Clearly your clever use of the word "sucked" nullifies the critical acclaim, awards and commercial success of the highest grossing animated feature of all time.

I'm also concerned about the connection implied between Fantasia and sucking.

DisneyRoy

But wait, act now and you can also get this for even more Frozen excitement. :eek::rolleyes::arghh::facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ywood-studios-frozen-holiday-premium-package/
Offered November 7 – 19, November 21 – December 9 and December 11 – January 4, 2015, this package includes reserved seating for a performance of “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at the Premiere Theatre, and reserved Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights viewing and Frozen-themed dessert party (which will feature mini Anna cupcakes and mini Elsa cupcake, among other delicious treats) in the evening, and a holiday themed lithograph and “Frozen” pin.

The package costs $89 per adult and $59 per child (ages 3 – 9), plus tax (gratuity is included). Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required and is not included in this package price.

This one doesn't sound so bad to me. You get the reserved seating. So if your little one REALLY loves the show, you can't go wrong there. Reserved seating for the Osborne lighting. From what I've heard it can get pretty packed back there during this, so another win. FREE desserts! Free besides the cost of the package obviously. A lithograph and pin. The pin is probably $10 at least by itself. I could see doing this one...

lebeau

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why on earth would they do this. I was looking forward to Cinderella (a real princess) lighting the castle. I can appreciate Anna, Elsa and Olaf but who cares about them lighting the castle.

I assume that given the movie's undeniable popularity that is a rhetorical question. Because the obvious answer would be "a lot of people."

Timothy_Q

I don't see this as oversaturation at all. Classic characters are just as present in the parks, we're just used to it.

Ariel has a ride, a M&G, a stage show, a float on festival of fantasy, a segment on Philharmagic, a part in Wishes, a part in Fantasmic and merchandise everywhere.

The problem with Frozen is that so far every addition has been cheap and last minute.

JWG

If we're to play the strange game of bent reality, then Elsa is a queen and can do whatever the heck she wants. Now, that assumes we maintain the "Disney princess" concept and she's therefore a "Disney Queen". Otherwise, her jurisdiction over Cinderella's castle would be suspect, she'd be "squatting", and forced removal would be reasonable.

note2001

Count your blessings folk: At least we don't have to worry about the Marvel characters conducting the MK castle lighting for a number of years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom