'A Frozen Holiday Wish' to begin November 5

DisneyDebRob

Oh yea? Tell that to the thrones of families that will be visiting WDW for the first time this holiday season with their little daughter that's absolutely in love with this movie. Or the families that were on the fence about going back but will now decide to make a return trip this holiday season because their little one is obsessed with Frozen?

I promise you, those families out number the saturation crowd 10-1 at least.
Believe me, I understand everything you say. As I stated previously I don't blame Disney for doing what they are doing. It's just that it seems to be going a little far.
No. Why can't another princess decorate Cinderella's (Charming's...) castle? This is perhaps the most reasonable of the Frozen additions, to me.

I really don't see this as over-saturation. You have the ability to meet Anna and Elsa, which people demand, a gift shop with snow, and this appropriate holiday overlay. What's the big deal?
Let's not forget the new ride in Norway.

note2001

Elsa and Anna are Disney's newest princesses, or in Elsa's case, Disney's newest Queen. They are to the new generation what Cinderella was to prior ones. There is no reason for them to be omitted from Disney's shows, and this show is the only one where Elsa can get away with freezing anything and have it really fit the season. Don't worry, it's just a seasonal show. When it's over we can watch the castle return to normal. Cindy is not being replaced, but she is getting a much needed vacation.

I can't say they've over-saturated the theme parks on Frozen at all. Disney likes to theme & it makes perfect sense for them to use the newest movies. Whether or not you buy Frozen merchandise is up to you, and there are still plenty of shops that don't push Frozen. However, as I read elsewhere and got a good laugh, I too will get upset if and when Disney creates a Baked version of the movie. SNL would have a blast with that one (if they haven't already)

Last edited:

MrPromey

I didn't forget it. It doesn't exist yet. I also don't hate the next American President.
And I think that's an important thing for everyone to remember. The real question is, has frozen reached a point of over-saturation in the parks or just on these discussion boards? They're in the parade with a whole slew of other characters where other new characters get more prominence (Tangled, Brave). Heck, Tangled has an oddly placed tower that disturbs sight-lines in other parts of MK. Doesn't that seem arbitrary and unneeded? The meet-and-greet is easy to miss entirely in the magic kingdom and aside from the exit to the former back-lot tour, what they are doing in Hollywood studios is actually new content rather than replacement. Frozen didn't displace a fireworks show at Hollywood Studios. The theater used for the sing-along sits empty most of the year other than for private events and the morning procession isn't replacing anything either...

Maelstrom is going down to be replaced but this was a very dated attraction that aside from the unique switchback system wasn't that special to begin with - just one of the only permanent all day attractions offered in World Showcase thanks to sponsorship (and Disney!) cheapness in respect to the countries from day one. Heck, even with the quality it had, the ride was so super short that they tacked a movie onto the end to make it seem more complete - a movie that still talks about Norway's advanced technology sector while showing some dude on an old tube based monochrome screened line command computer from the 80's. Frozen, given the thematic issues would not have been my first choice for this pavilion by a long shot but as something that honestly was not even close to e-ticket material even when it opened when compared to what else Disney has on offer, any updated that doesn't take the Imagination approach will be some kind of an improvement for guest satisfaction.

The sting is worse for many because it is something we grew up with (I'll always remember the eye and the glow-bright vikings, and trolls, and the poorly done polar bears with plywood trees fondly like many others) and because Epcot doesn't have all that much worth doing for a full day anymore unless you make restaurant reservations a quarter of a year in advance or want to spend outlandish money getting drunk. In the end I think a lot of people are bothered on this one because Epcot is taking away one of the few known attractions that is still kind of interesting and replacing it with the unknown and many have lost faith in Disney's recent desire to do anything of quality in WDW aiming to instead, reduce the quality of an existing attraction rather than spend the money for a good replacement or to build something truly great from scratch. I'd say it's a legitimate and honest concern and may be what people like even less than it being a Frozen overlay - even if Arendelle isn't a logical choice for the Norway pavilion.

Last edited:

DisneyRoy

Seriously?...over saturation?...lol They will run this into the ground and get every nickel they can out of Frozen, watch!

I imagine not many people will be upset with this since the Frozen meet and greet consistantly averages 120min wait times even thru the slow September month AND they just gave it its own store at the Studios. It's obviously still very popular. The upset ones are Disney traditionalists (me included) and we all know how much Disney cares about our opinions. lol

As far as Disney Traditionalists go....the only thing constant in this world is change. Adapt and overcome. I look forward to the changes that are being implemented. My 5 YO daughter LOVES the movie and therefore so do I. I am looking forward to the day I get to see the reaction on her face as she meets Anna and Elsa. It will be priceless and worth every penny. The same goes along with the day she gets to "ride the movie" at ex-Maelstrom. The sing-along...she will be the loudest one in the theater singing every single word. And I am sure she won't be the only one. After all...they're the ones Disney is doing the changes for. Their future product consumers. Make them happy now, and they will keep coming with their children years later. So for the "Disney Traditionalists"...the change is NOT for you. Deal with it and move on.

wdwgreek

I actually think this overlay makes the most sense out of anything the've done. icing over the castle with Elsa freezing it makes fine sense. You hear the songs from the film and then its over. As someone whose sister is autistic we can never watch fireworks anyways, but im sure i'll enjoy listening to the music.

note2001

:in pain:
As far as Disney Traditionalists go....the only thing constant in this world is change. Adapt and overcome. I look forward to the changes that are being implemented. My 5 YO daughter LOVES the movie and therefore so do I. I am looking forward to the day I get to see the reaction on her face as she meets Anna and Elsa. It will be priceless and worth every penny. The same goes along with the day she gets to "ride the movie" at ex-Maelstrom. The sing-along...she will be the loudest one in the theater singing every single word. And I am sure she won't be the only one. After all...they're the ones Disney is doing the changes for. Their future product consumers. Make them happy now, and they will keep coming with their children years later. So for the "Disney Traditionalists"...the change is NOT for you. Deal with it and move on.

I agree with you, but that's a little rough Roy, you could have just said "Let it go" :in pain:

How would folk like it if all Disney animation produced were sequels of Disney Classics. Most would hate it. Embrace the new characters! (and hope that Disney/Pixar comes up with a new hit like Buzz was for the boys)

ABQ

But wait, act now and you can also get this for even more Frozen excitement. :eek::rolleyes::arghh::facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ywood-studios-frozen-holiday-premium-package/
Offered November 7 – 19, November 21 – December 9 and December 11 – January 4, 2015, this package includes reserved seating for a performance of “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at the Premiere Theatre, and reserved Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights viewing and Frozen-themed dessert party (which will feature mini Anna cupcakes and mini Elsa cupcake, among other delicious treats) in the evening, and a holiday themed lithograph and “Frozen” pin.

The package costs $89 per adult and $59 per child (ages 3 – 9), plus tax (gratuity is included). Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required and is not included in this package price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom