• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Pre-Trip A first, a last, and a galaxy far, far, away... (Now with bonus London TR!)

Darstarr

I tried the MB thing again this morning. Darth Vader or Flynn Ryder only. ☹My younges who is going would love Darth Vader but I couldnt figure out how to get one but not the other three so I gave up. I will try again tomorrow.

bee

Original Poster
Advertisement
Very cool. :cool: The references to London Bridge reminds me of that song we sang as kids, about London bridges falling down. Remember that song? (Makes me wonder what the history was behind that!) ;)
Yes, I remember the song and had it stuck in my head through a good portion of the trip! :joyfull:

I tried the MB thing again this morning. Darth Vader or Flynn Ryder only. ☹My younges who is going would love Darth Vader but I couldnt figure out how to get one but not the other three so I gave up. I will try again tomorrow.
Boooo. Disney IT strikes again. :rolleyes:

Rista1313

Today I was finally able to upgrade our resort MBs to premium designs. For our Pop reservation we will each have Spaceship Earth, and for our Boardwalk reservation we will each have Rainbow Mickey! That is, if they actually send them to us! I've read waaaay too many stories of people paying and getting the confirmation email, only to later find out they are actually out of stock... :rolleyes:

But for now, fingers crossed that I will soon be in possession of:

and

No, but I checked!!
I got one out of two I ordered, and they gave me a code to order the other one from shopdisney.com. Then, I got 2 of the same in the mail on the same day... so we have an extra sorcerer mickey that I'm trying to decide what to do with... sell at cost plus shipping, or give up and wear a matching one with my hubby.

bee

Original Poster
Vacation creep strikes again...

When we originally planned this trip (because the plans have changed so many times), we were assuming Food and Wine would begin Thursday, August 29 (which it is) and we also were planning to leave Sunday, September 1. We had no idea Galaxy's Edge would open so soon, so we were planning to spend lots of time in Epcot from Thursday until the end of the trip.

Then, we moved the entire trip back a day (Saturday to Saturday instead of Sunday to Sunday), and the GE opening date was announced. As I've been planning and thinking and overplanning and overthinking the last few weeks, it has occurred to me that we're going to have much less Food and Wine time than we had hoped originally. Not to mention, my brother isn't coming until late Wednesday night so we'd really only have two days with him and I haven't seen him since November 2017!

So yesterday, M and I talked about extending our trip by a day or two. The problem: that's Labor Day weekend so EVERYTHING is expensive. We couldn't extend our Boardwalk stay without greatly increasing the cost; we could get a single night at the Swan for a decent rate, but then we would have THREE hotel stays for an eight night trip.

In the end we decided to just push back our flight home; now we'll be leaving six hours later in the afternoon, so we'll be able to sleep in on our last day, enjoy a little more Boardwalk time, and-most importantly!-have more Food and Wine!!

LadyBelle

So glad you got your bands!!

One question--did they come with a luggage tag like the solid color ones? I was curious because I didn't get a luggage tag with mine.

bee

Original Poster

bee

Original Poster
We're 55 days away! Since we have a little downtime over the summer we are trying to make sure we have everything we need for the trip.

Target has women's swimwear on sale right now with free returns so M and I each ordered a bunch to try. Hopefully we each like at least one suit and can be done with the search. 🤞 I WILL swim in that Creepy Clown Pool!!

We found these adorable handheld fans in a store in our local mall called Flying Tiger:

They are quite powerful despite their small size!

Also on the list are boring things like socks and sunscreen. And I hope to buy a new pair of sneakers before with go with enough time to break them in.

M's parents are visiting next week for the 4th of July. We will hopefully discuss our plans to meet up at Disney. They don't have a resort reservation yet and they may have a hard time getting one because of Star Wars and Food and Wine. Guess we'll see! 🤞

bee

Original Poster
Day 5, cont.

Our destination: The Victoria & Albert Museum!

Outside there is a gorgeous courtyard and fountain.

And you can get food and drinks!

We totally took a page from the Food and Wine Festival book and ate on a trash can...

We didn't take many photos in the museum, but we did have fun in the shop!

These tiles' coloring reminds me of certain parts of the Grand Floridian

Then we learned we had taken a side entrance into the museum. THIS is the big one:

We really liked the museum and will definitely allocate more time for it next time we're in London! Since this was our first time there we did a little bit of a lot of things to try to experience as much as possible. Next time we'll try to stay longer and spend more time in certain places!

Top Bottom