Pre-Trip A first, a last, and a galaxy far, far, away... (Now with bonus London TR!)

🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝 BEE IS GOING BACK! 🐝

So, this title might be a bit misleading. There are actually several firsts planned for this trip, and a semi-first. But "A first, another first, yet another first, a sorta first, and a last" doesn't roll off the tongue (or fingertips) so well.

For now, I'll leave you with the cast.

Me (Bee): 30
DW (M): 30
M's mom (MIL)
M's dad (FIL)
M's brother (BIL): 27
My brother (Jay): 24

And a countdown!
Our next trip  

EDIT: Now we're doing a Passholder preview and going down early for two nights, then flying home, then proceeding with our regular trip as planned. So, here's THAT countdown:
CRAZY PEOPLE DO A PASSHOLDER PREVIEW  

Last edited:

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
tumblr_ps3uz3PcTd1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

🐝
That is one BIG stinger!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Intrigued by the photo of Carnaby Street. Is that a landmark now? I know that back in the 60s & 70s, the London clothing style scene (from what I've read) came out of that area. Carnaby Street was often mentioned in articles, etc. Are there many clothing stores on that street now, or is it just more of an iconic landmark? Love the attractive sign that hangs over the street. :cool:

bee

Original Poster
That is one BIG stinger!!!
All the better to...sting you with??

Intrigued by the photo of Carnaby Street. Is that a landmark now? I know that back in the 60s & 70s, the London clothing style scene (from what I've read) came out of that area. Carnaby Street was often mentioned in articles, etc. Are there many clothing stores on that street now, or is it just more of an iconic landmark? Love the attractive sign that hangs over the street. :cool:
I think it's both! There are still lots of clothing stores, including both international brands I recognized and some I didn't that might be local or only European.

really enjoy the pics from london
covent garden during christmas time was such a special place in time for me
Thank you! We visited Covent Garden on our last day and really enjoyed it!

bee

Original Poster
Disney Update!

My brother has booked All Star Sports for August 28-September 1! Many jokes were made about the acronyms of both that hotel and a certain ride in Toy Story Land :hilarious:

He is hoping to upgrade to a moderate later when/if discounts come out but we don't think that's very probable given GE and Labor Day.

bee

Original Poster
not sure if you went to Oxford but at the museum on campus you can see lewis carrolls original manuscripts for alice in wonderland...

also the pub in oxford ,The eagle and the child is where jrr tolkien and cs lewis did their writings.:) they serve a wonderful bacon sarnie as well
No, we only saw London this time. Hopefully next time we get to go to the UK we'll get to see a few more places!

So fun to see your pictures of my home town.
:)

bee

Original Poster
Day 3, cont.

The next stop on the Beatles tour was Abbey Road Studios, which was actually pretty close to our hotel.

tumblr_ps7odeGz6l1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

And yes, we saw THE crosswalk, but it was rush hour and we did not want to stop traffic trying to take photos crossing it! M had a photo of just the crosswalk so if I remember I'll get it from her and post it.

On the way back to the hotel...

tumblr_ps3v1cv77l1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps3v1di1SA1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps3v1dPtg01qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps3v1fHxeu1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps3v1fZk1w1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7obu3Emg1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

Back in the room...

If you don't know, at many European hotels you have to put your room key in a little slot on the wall to turn on the lights, so you don't leave the lights on and waste electricity when you leave the room. Apparently, though, it doesn't have to be the key, because I accidentally put my Oyster Card in and it worked. :joyfull:

tumblr_ps7obuWmn91qhyy8p_1280.jpg

We had dinner in the lounge again.

tumblr_ps7obvGqIP1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7obwIoOd1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

Banana in the hallway...

Since it was M's birthday we needed an official birthday dessert, and her favorite is tiramisu, so we went down the block to Tesco to see if they had any.

tumblr_ps7ofc2wUX1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ofe9Fyb1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

And they did!

tumblr_ps7ofdDVbk1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

Sunset from our room!

bee

Original Poster
Day 4: Friday, May 24

Our lounge breakfast had several different jams, preserves, etc. Today I tried bitter orange marmalade:

tumblr_ps7ohqtyQM1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

We took the underground to our destination...

tumblr_ps7ohr9OuR1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ohrtT7K1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ojr7GfP1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

Shakespeare's Globe!

tumblr_ps7ohukVcE1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ohtEqlN1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

We had tickets to a matinee of Merry Wives of Windsor. This is one of my favorite Shakespeare comedies, partly because it is so operatic (mistaken identities, disguises, secret love, etc.). There are several operas adapted from Merry Wives and I sang Anne Page in one of them a few years ago. :)

Inside the theater:

tumblr_ps7ohuloc41qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ohvtV6c1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps7ohvHobf1qhyy8p_1280.jpg

We had excellent seats near the center and really enjoyed the show! The production was updated to the 1920s with original jazz-inspired music played by a live band. The actors were fabulous with great comedic timing and we were laughing the whole show!

Afterward we visited the shop and got quite a few souvenirs for ourselves and others. This was for me:

P1020768_1024x1024@2x.jpg

bee

Original Poster
Loving the London TR! I thought the room was super cute! :D
Thank you! :joyfull:

Kevin was waiting to buy his... whoops. dang it.
Booo. Are you by chance a Sam's Club member? Apparently they are still selling APs for the old price.

There looks to be increases all across the board - I've seen resort parking go up as well. Getting ready to weed out the "ruffians" as @wdisney9000 prefers. ;) Even DVC members are not immune to the increase.

I'll just remain a poor visitor every other year. :p
And just yesterday some were saying how "generous" Disney was for the bring-a-friend and water parks promotions... 😑

Wow! Dodged a bullet on that one! That's a huge increase.
That would have been $450 just for the two of us. I can't imagine having a family of 4 or more and being hit with this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom