A Dream Called Walt Disney World:1980 travelogue

duckburg85

Original Poster
SO i thought i would again post some more classic Disney world video promotionals. This is something as a kid i would watch over and over, it was probably the first VHS tape they released to advertise WDW. This one isn't cheesy but has some great shots of what the parks were like before EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and MGM.

SO people at work enjoy this instead of doing work, because It's Disney and show it to your boss and co-workers because maybe they will understand why you go there so much...

Part one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3JsdQgN8I

Part:two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w6CBY_edPU

Part:three
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18r-UDfBGPU

jeffb

SO i thought i would again post some more classic Disney world video promotionals. This is something as a kid i would watch over and over, it was probably the first VHS tape they released to advertise WDW. This one isn't cheesy but has some great shots of what the parks were like before EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and MGM.

Very cool - Thanks for sharing. By chance would you happen to have "follow us to walt disney world" which is a 1984 promo/planning video that you could put up on youtube????

duckburg85

Original Poster
Awesome... man i msure there is so much more ppl have locked away that the'll post on youtube some day

I bet people have so many amazing things they either saved of TV or took with there Camcorders.

JohnMan

Thanks so much for the links to those videos!

I noticed there was no Tiki Room in the Adventureland section? Or did I miss it?

duckburg85

Original Poster
Very cool - Thanks for sharing. By chance would you happen to have "follow us to walt disney world" which is a 1984 promo/planning video that you could put up on youtube????

I have to look around for that one. It's probably around here somewhere...

Also i think it's strange that the Tiki room isn't there, the video isn't about it's grand opening just why you should go there in the 80's!

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...

Holy Mackeral man!!!!!

You have no idea how many memories you just flooded my brain with! We had this video as well. I was born in 78 and growing up I watched this one over and over and over again. Im totally blown away to see that again!

Thank you so, so, much! :D

duckburg85

Original Poster
No problem, i love sharing these videos with people who also grew up on them. I used to watch these vhs tapes till they would either get stuck in the vcr or till the tape gave out.

sbkline

A few months ago, I ordered a video titled "A Dream Called Walt Disney World", but I'm not sure it's the same one that this thread is about. It, also, is from 1980 or 1981...pre-EPCOT (or EPCOT Center as it was called at first). It was very interesting to watch and see how different WDW was 25 years ago. Rides that are no longer there, only two or three resort hotels, only one theme park, etc. I must say I was disappointed that there was nothing about EPCOT on there. Since it opened in 1982, I figured surely there would be some mention of the soon to be opened 2nd park, as well as some footage of the construction. But alas, there was no mention whatsoever.

CoffeeJedi

Since it opened in 1982, I figured surely there would be some mention of the soon to be opened 2nd park, as well as some footage of the construction. But alas, there was no mention whatsoever.
I wouldn't expect it, generally the planning videos are to want you to go that upcoming summer, if they started touting epcot on the 1980 video, then noone would want to go in 81, they'd just wait until the next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom