A Disneyland for the New Century!

The Adventurer

Original Poster
1) Geyser Mountain is in a mining car and Big Thunder Mountain is a train.

2) While the two are side-by-side, their ride patterns are completely different.

3)Geyser Mountain will take more time telling its story. Whereas on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, one simply boards a high speed train for a ride, Geyser Mountain tells the tale of the doomed town of Tumbleweed and the finale is much more intense than the railroad's. It's like a hybrid of BTMR and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

Concerning the stagecoaches, I figured that given the mass quantities of attractions throughout the park, lines will be pretty light for this attraction, especially since the views are just as good on the walking trails.

Thanks for the comments and compliments. Feel free to add more. After I detail the Indian Village and The Hundred Acre Wood, we finally get to move on to Fantasyland. :king:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Once beyond the gentle slopes of Rainbow Mountain, guests will begin to notice that the forest begins to take on a most mystical feel. Grandmother Willow, from Disney's 1995 classic Pocahontas, rises out of the woods like a beacon of the forest's undying spirit. (Think The Tree of Life only about half as large). Around her roots, there are numerous areas for guests to explore. At select times during the day, a show, titled Spirits of the Earth , about the harmony between man and nature takes place starring the cast of Pocahontas as well as a few friends from the forest. This show is very much like Pocahontas and her Forest Friends at Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World, but there is more lavished on the production (i.e. Grandmother Willow will be a fully imagined tree).

A short walk away is Chief Powhatan's Indian Village, which is alive with all of the beauty and culture of the Native Americans. The village will feature a circular design with a dancing circle and fire pit located in the center. Daily shows will take place here as well as meet and greet opportunities with the cast of Pocahontas. Surrounding it will be a series of outposts (in the form of tepees and longhouses that will host a variety of themed crafts and goods). At the center of a village is Powhatan's Longhouse, which hosts the Just Around the Riverbend attraction. Here, guests board traditional Indian canoes, which take them on a magical journey through Pocahontas's forest home. The ride will be an outdoor attraction similar to the Mike Fink Keelboats, only the canoes will run on a track. The finale pits guests against raging river rapids before plunging them off a huge waterfall, which then deposits guests back to the loading area.

Now, while I am most fond of this idea, I thought that the ride would also be well suited for a 4-D virtual attraction, but that will obviously lessen the authenticity of taking the same river adventure Pocahontas took in the film.

What do you think? :king:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Before moving on to The Hundred Acre Wood and Fantasyland, let me first detail my renovation of Tom Sawyer Island and a new area called Liberty Street. This was originally going to be called Jamestown, but the Appalachian fort area will now take that name.

For starters, due to its expanded size, there will be two places around Frontierland to get to Tom Sawyer Island. The first place guests can board a raft is in Thunder Mesa while the second will be in Jamestown. Once on the island, guests will find a myriad of old and new attractions to choose from. The nature trails and secluded picnic area, along with Fort Langhorn , the swinging bridge, Injun Joe's Cave ,and Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn can still be found here (on the island's southern end, but joining it on the northern side will be the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area, which houses Grizzly River Rapids, The Magic of Brother Bear, and the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. These four attractions, which have been brought over from Disney's California Adventure, will give the island some much needed weight geographically as well as a higher demand that will keep it from being a second rate park destination, which it has tragically become at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. The Grizzly Peak Recreation area will be predominately themed to Disney's 2003 classic, Brother Bear.

Liberty Street, found not far to the east of Chief Powhatan's Indian Village evokes the colonial days of America much as Liberty Square does at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom exept the architecture gradually shifts in design the further visitors walk down the street. Here, guests will find familiar attractions like The Hall of Presidents as well as the docking area for the Sailing Ship Columbia (which I have moved from the Frontierland Crossroads area) and a recreation of the Liberty Tree, while will be the centerpiece of the sub-land.

Also on Liberty Street, one can dine at Liberty Tree Tavern, which features the same food selection from WDW, only now a new character lineup will be featured. At lunch and dinner, guests can now dine with Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko, Chief Powhatan, and the villainous governor Ratcliffe who circulate throughout the dining hall. At dinnertime, Pocahontas will change into a beautiful colonial area ballgown. For lighter fare, guests can sample the delights of Columbia Harbour House, also brought over from WDW's MK. Those who wish to shop here can peruse at The Yankee Traders or the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe.

The newest attraction found here is The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, a rollicking E-ticket dark ride through the New England countryside that pits guests against the legendary ghoul of Sleepy Hollow, the Headless Horseman. While all ends well, this will be an especially menacing ride that will not be meant for children. In a way, it is a compliment to the merrier Haunted Mansion attraction. All ages will be scared by this ride.

Spike-in-Berlin

while I am most fond of this idea, I thought that the ride would also be well suited for a 4-D virtual attraction, but that will obviously lessen the authenticity of taking the same river adventure Pocahontas took in the film.

What do you think? :king:

What's 4-D? Including smells? Like Philharmagic?

Spike-in-Berlin

is a total revamp of disneyland necessary, it's historical and not to mention walt's!

It's sad to accept but Walt is dead. Quite a long time already. The historic DL is not touched by Adventurers Super-Disneyland but expanded. It is so large anyway (so far already at least 3 times the MK if I am right, without Fantasyland and Tomorrowland) that it is only imaginable at a complete different location with a lot of cheap, available space. Perhaps somewhere in the Midwest.

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Concerning 4-D, yes. It's just like PhilharMagic, It's Tough to Be A Bug, etc.

Honestly, if the Disney Parks quit expanding for good, I would be a happy man. This is just me saying what I would do if I could build my own Disneyland Park. Even if the planets aligned and I somehow ended up with the power to completely re-do Disneyland, I would not do it. I'm not taking myself too seriously here. I'm not out to undermine the things that Walt has done; I'm simply expressing my ideas and trying to be Walt-like in my execution. Like I said before, I think that if Walt were alive now, a Disney "mega-park" like mine would probably have already been built. :king:

Spike-in-Berlin

Like I said before, I think that if Walt were alive now, a Disney "mega-park" like mine would probably have already been built. :king:

You have to take in consideration however that Walt didn't want people getting "museum-tired" and "museum-feet" in his park. He wanted Disneyland to be maintained as a park of short walks. Super-Disneyland however has dimensions which will need some in-park transportation, not only the usual train around the berm but also some transportation means inside the berm. Imagine the walk from the entrance to the blue bayou for example. Or any other longer walk inside your park, its HUGE. I mean just imagine a Tom Sawyer Island large enough to house GRIZZLY RIVER RUN! And even more walks, aunt pollys, caves etc.

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Traveling through Liberty Street, one will start to notice a change. The colonial buildings quickly begin to grow sparse and in their place they will find a lush canopy of trees and friendly pathways. This is the Enchanted Grove, the official backdoor to Fantasyland. Here, one can often find Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, since two attractions themed to Walt Disney's 1937 classic, lie not too far ahead.

However, before we move onto Fantasyland, we first need to cover The Hundred Acre Wood. From the Enchanted Grove, there are two path to choose from; one leads directly to Fantasyland and the other leads into the heart of the Hundred Acre Wood.

This sub-land where Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, Piglet and the rest of the gang call home provides a smooth transition to the realm of Fantasy for travelers coming from Frontierland. It also fills the gap left between Critter Country and Liberty Street if you think of the Rivers of America as a sort of hub for Frontierland.

More details coming soon... :king:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
For those traveling through The Enchanted Grove, the path to the right will lead them into The Hundred Acre Wood. The whole idea of this sub-land is like a giant play area for small children. Think Mickey's Toontown Fair mixed with Tom Sawyer Island.

Many paths weave throughout the woods, but all of them lead back to a main path that follows a babbling brook, which eventually spills into the Rivers of America. The landscaping and architecture are in the spirit of both the books and the animated shorts and features.

Guests veering to the left will find Piglet's House, which is found in a massive beech tree in the middle of the forest. To the right is the boggy Eyeore's Gloomy Place, where visitors can mingle with the Hundred Acre Wood's saddest donkey. Straight ahead, looming over the pathway is Owl's House, which sits in the forest canopy.

Once past Owl's House, the path opens up into a fanciful field. To the right, one will find Pooh Bear's House, a cozy abode that overlooks the whole of The Hundred Acre Wood and the Rivers of America. Near here, one may also find a lovely riverside picnic area. If one chooses to keep walking, the path will eventually lead to Critter Country, but not before encountering Rabbit's House (complete with a garden), Roo's Sandy Pit, and the Bee Tree from the classic 60s short, Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree. This small stand serves ice cream and other sweet treats.

To the left, one will find Christopher Robin's House (which is essentially a small play area at the base of a large tree). This is the starting place of a daily interactive show where kids can dance and play with all the stars from the Winnie the Pooh shorts. The show eventually spreads throughout the wood. Up ahead, one may spot a luxurious Victorian house. Here, one will find The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. This dark-ride will slightly resemble its already existing counterparts, however new elements will be added and a longer track will be accomodated to fit in the rest of the stories from the 1977 original film. This also serves as a transition into the realm of Fantasyland. Traveling on through this path takes you straight into the area located behind the castle.

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Before I move on to Fantasyland, I am first going to do a quick recap of Main Street, U.S.A., Adventureland and Frontierland for those who have not read the previous posts.

Main Street, U.S.A. is pretty traditional; I have added no new frills to the overall design. Main Street, U.S.A. flows into The Hub, which is located in the shadow of The Beast's Castle.

The first bridge on the left leads to Adventureland. The gateway to Adventureland is a circular plaza themed to the enchanted city of Agrabah from Disney's Aladdin. After exiting Agrabah, a circular pathway leads around the Lost River Delta. Going clockwise from Agrabah, one will find areas themed to Tarzan and The Jungle Book, which flows into the area surrounding the Swiss Family Treehouse and Polynesia. Polynesia leads guests straight into The Blue Bayou, an L-shaped land that leads directly into the heart of Frontierland, however, an adjacent circular plaza (between the Swiss Family Treehouse and The Blue Bayou) leads into Pirate Cove, a circular plaza themed to Peter Pan and Pirates of the Caribbean. In the center of the Lost River Delta is a dark ride themed to Indiana Jones.

As I said, The Blue Bayou is an L-shaped land leading directly to Frontierland. The Frontierland Crossroads is the area where The Bue Bayou collides with the town of Thunder Mesa and the banks of the Rivers of America. Going circular around the river, one will find the town of Thunder Mesa, Jamestown and Fowler's Harbor, the Rainbow Mountain area, Chief Powhatan's Indian Camp, Liberty Street, The Enchanted Grove (the backdoor to Fantasyland), The Hundred Acre Wood, and Critter Country, which also segways into The Blue Shadow Trail. This area is located on the other side of Polynesia. A small walkway connects the two. In the center of the Rivers of America is the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area and Tom Sawyer Island.

Any questions? Up next is my description of The Beast's Castle. :king:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
:king:I just recently revamped my lasts few posts on Frontierland, mainly those concerning the location and naming of Jamestown, which is now called Liberty Street. The Jamestown Fort is now located in the area where the Appalachian Fort was originally placed. The same attractions remain; only a name change occurred. I also names the area housing the keelboats and canoes Fowler's Harbour and the area containing the Pecos Bill themed attractions The Blue Shadow Trail. I also renamed the restaurant and 4-D coaster in Agrabah. The coaster is now called Diamond in the Rough and the restaurant is called The Blue Diamond Restaurant (as opposed to Diamond in the Rough).

Spike-in-Berlin

@The Adenturer

Do you include the Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo DisneySea in your Park? If not you MUST! I watched a lot of videos and read some reviews, it seems to be a truly fascinating, unique ride and I am very disappointed that WDI had to place it in a Japanese park without even considering it for WDW also. It would fit into Adventureland perhaps near to Fire Mountain, Fantasyland or Tomorrowland if you have a Retro-Sci-Fi sub-land.

The Adventurer

Original Poster
In fact, I do plan to place Journey to the Center of the Earth in my Disneyland Park. It is going to go in Mysterious Island, which will lie in between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I do realize that means that two volcano attractions will be found in my Disneyland, but trust me, they will be strikingly different from each other in their design.

The Adventurer

Original Poster
:mad: So, I just tried to post my description of the Beast's Castle, but unfortunately wdwmagic.com glitched and erased my entire post, which was huge. Now I have to re-write it all over again. Sorry guys. I'll have it back up soon.

Spike-in-Berlin

You should always, ALWAYS copy and paste larger posts. I write my posts for my Great British Ghost Tour in Word and then post it so I still have the entire text available. Good luck.

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Looming over the whole of Disneyland is The Beast's Enchanted Castle, a magical yet ominous fortress that will create a new standard for Disney theme-park castles. Instead of being accessable directly from Main Street, the castle will sit on a craggy outcrop covered with small stands of trees and waterfalls. From the Hub, a large wrought iron gate becons guest to enter the Beast's lair. After a trek across a large stone bridge, which overlooks a seemingly bottomless pit (covered in a everpresent mist), travelers will reach the large wooden doors that always are open to the curious traveler. The first thing one will see is a large entrance hall. On either side, two magnificent archways lead to two stately dens complete with roaring fireplaces and numerous seating areas while at the end of the foyer, an enormous staircase leads to yet an even more impressive antechamber. The enchanted objects from the film can often be found milling about this area.

While no rides can be found within the castle walls, the main attraction will surely drive guests out of their minds. Located in the right anteroom is the Once Upon A Time Theater, which holds a nightly show titled "Beauty and the Beast". Unlike Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios, this show will be totally true to the Broadway original and will be a seperate ticket event.

For those who walk upstairs, there are three ways one can go. A hallway to the right leads guests to the legendary ballroom from the film, which holds The Enchanted Rose, an elegant restaurant that gives diners the ultimate dining experience. The eatery, which mirrors Victoria & Alberts in both pricing and dress code, will offer the best cuisine found on the entire property. Dinner will be the only meal served here. The highlight of the evening will be the appearance of Belle and the Beast themselves who invite guests to join them in a romantic dance across the ballroom, which overlooks the sparkling lights of Main Street, U.S.A. and the scenic beauty of Frontierland.

If family fare is more your style, the hallway to the right takes guests to Lumiere's, a fanciful establishment that offers guests three magical meals daily. Note that the balcony seating for the "Beauty and the Beast" show can also be found along this walkway. Food will be American fare with a fairy tale spin. Breakfast and Lunch will feature appearances by ten various storybook characters ranging from Snow White and Cinderella to Alice and Peter Pan. Dinner will feature the enchanted objects (Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, etc.). At the beginning of the meal, guests will meet them in their fanciful form, but by the end of the meal, they will have become human again. Belle and the Beast will greet guests in the restaurant lobby, which is found in a goregous throne room. A twisting flight of stairs (or elevator if you prefer) will take you up to the dining hall, a bright and beautiful mead hall.

If you choose to opt out of a meal in the castle, one can instead walk straight ahead into the magnificent chamber holding The Beast's Enchanted Castle Resort & Spa lobby. This new concept, which will revolutionize the concept of a Disney Resort will immerse guests in a fairy tale world unlike any other destination in history. The main floor holds the check in desks as well as a large lobby full of period furnishings and beautiful decor. On the backwall, the multi-tiered rooms will be visible to those below. While most of the rooms will be offered to the general public, one fourth of them will be given to Disney Interns and random park guests (free of charge) throughout the day. Each suite will feature lavish sleeping quarters and state-of-the-art technology and while some traditional hotel amenities will not be offered, there is plenty to make up for it. Select rooms will look out into the park while others can hold up to eight guests. An exclusive pool and spa along with a private dining room will be bestowed upon guests as well as access to parts of the castle (i.e. Belle's Library and The West Wing) that the average park guests will not be able to explore. One can also take advantage of a unique kids club that gives luckly children the opportunity to experience a special guided tour of the castle.

Unlike Cinderella Castle and Sleeping Beauty Castle before it, The Beast's Enchanted Castle will provide a less than simple passage to Fantasyland. The way to reach it will be by way of an enchanting labyrinth known as Fairy Tale Gardens. The garden can be accessed right as you walk in the castle. On eitherside of the main wall (right before you reach the two den areas), two small archways leading to two seperate spiral staircases lead guests to a breezeway that looks out onto the Hub of Main Street. If one chooses to venture to the left, one will find Storybook Grove, where Belle holds an interactive show everyday detailing the story of "Beauty and the Beast". (This will be a great alternative for families who could not get tickets to the stageshow.) While the show offered is enchanting, it is essentially a dead end. Note: While Fantasyland is not directly accessible from here, Tomorrowland is. To reach it, two sets of stairs leading down the side of the garden will take you there. To reach Fantasyland, guests need to take the hallway to the right, which deposits guests on the first-tier of the multi-level garden. Located at the base of the ballroom, which is surrounded by numerous rosebushes, this area is the perfect place to interact with some of your favorite Disney characters. A flight of stairs leads walkers to the second level. Here, one will find the gateway to Fantasyland. A third-tier holds The Disneyland Stables, which houses numerous furry friends, including the horses that pull the trolleys on Main Street. Subsequently, this area serves as a secret entrance to Frontierland.

Now that I have covered the castle, it is time to enter the most magical realm of Disneyland. Yeah folks, it's off to Fantasyland. Here is a picture of the castle that will make it easier to visualize the castle. This would be the view of the castle from the Adventureland and Frontierland side. http://www.randysouders.com/beautybeast.jpg

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
Wow! Those are great ideas for the Beast's Castle. The ideas of Lumiere's and the Library are great. I especially love that Spa idea that you put in. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom