A Disneyland for the New Century!

Spike-in-Berlin

There's two treehouses and two Pirates. Maybe we could have two Haunted Mansions. One traditional and the other with a Halloweentown theme. It could exit into Le Bat En Rouge. Just a thought. Please carry on. :)

I don't agree with the last. YES there is definitely the necessity for two ghost rides. BUT while one should be like the traditional HM the other one should be a much more scary and adult experience, like the HM was originally intended, not suitable e.g. for small children because it IS frightening. To design such a ride that is able to frighten teens and adults of teh 21. century would really be a challenge. We don't need two more or less funny rides. I planned in my WDW-Expansion a much more seriously toned ghost ride in the "Great British Ghost Tour" for the UK-Pavilion

Rufus T Firefly

I don't agree with the last. YES there is definitely the necessity for two ghost rides. BUT while one should be like the traditional HM the other one should be a much more scary and adult experience, like the HM was originally intended, not suitable e.g. for small children because it IS frightening. To design such a ride that is able to frighten teens and adults of teh 21. century would really be a challenge. We don't need two more or less funny rides. I planned in my WDW-Expansion a much more seriously toned ghost ride in the "Great British Ghost Tour" for the UK-Pavilion

An adults only HM would go completely against Walt Disney's credo of an amusement park that the whole family can enjoy. Besides, think of all the merchandise sales that a NBC attraction would generate. :animwink:

Spike-in-Berlin

An adults only HM would go completely against Walt Disney's credo of an amusement park that the whole family can enjoy. Besides, think of all the merchandise sales that a NBC attraction would generate. :animwink:

Sorry but there are more than a DOZEN major attractions, where small children have no access. All rollercoasters for example and some rides like Mission Space. Having a theme park for the whole family doesn't mean that all attractions are for all ages. Walt Disney himself included the first thrill rides which were not suitable for all guests when he built the Matterhorn in DL. And the HM WAS planned in a much more frightening way but toned down, read Sorrells book . I love it but it isn't scary. And I didn't say adult only. I said for teens and adults, including older children. That is quite a lot of the family.

The Adventurer

Original Poster
I agree with both of you; you do not want to make something too scary, but you do not want to shy away from making something genuinely thrilling. I think that the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is in a way a kind of second HM if you think about it. :king:

michael92

the park would be HUGE. i mean, i think your ideas are pretty outstanding.. but wouldnt the people have cramps walking that much?:animwink: but great ideas nyway

Rufus T Firefly

I agree with both of you; you do not want to make something too scary, but you do not want to shy away from making something genuinely thrilling. I think that the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is in a way a kind of second HM if you think about it. :king:

Where are you planning to put TOT in this new Mega Disneyland? :veryconfu

Spike-in-Berlin

A thrill ride like ToT is...thrilling. It is not necessarily scary, there is a difference (and the ToT is not scary) and I don't think, that it can fulfill this purpose.
By the way, I suppose the HM in the Blue Bayou is the DL-version in southern plantation style and not the MK-dutch gothic?
And when do we get more to read?:slurp:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror would not go in the Disneyland Park, but within the Disneyland Resort, I plan to include a Disney's Hollywood Studios. Frontierland is definately in the works and sometime soon I'll be covering its first sub-land, Critter Country! Also, I am working on the aforementioned entirely new resort area that is not based at all on any Disney Park ever seen. Once I finish my revamp of the Disneyland Resort, I will move on to that park, which will be called The Wonderful World of Disney Resort!

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Now that I have covered Adventureland, a trip to Frontierland is in order. From the central hub, one must travel across the second bridge going clockwise from Main Street, U.S.A to reach Disneyland's wildest and most untamed land. Once across the bridge, guests enter a place where a host of animal friends rule. This area, otherwise known as Critter Country serves as the gateway to Frontierland and also provides a smooth transition into the magical realm of Fantasyland. The central attraction here is the renowned Splash Mountain. While guests at the Disney World complex must enter the Splash Mountain area from the front, visitors at my Disneyland will be fully immersed in this fanciful place from the outset. Springing out of the greenery and dirt will be a series of tunnels and shops that will give one the feeling that everything around them has been carved out by the creatures that inhabit the area. These buildings will easily flow into The Blue Shadow Trail, which winds around the lower banks of the Rivers of America and leads guests to major attractions like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The Blue Bayou and Polynesia can also be accessed from this area.

The shops and reastaurants included in Critter Country will be as follows:

Briar Patch: A Splash Mountain themed gift shop that literally rests within the thorny interior of Br'er Rabbit's briar patch home, which is also at the central hub of Critter Country. Inside, guests can not only purchase a variety of merchandise, but also tour the cozy abode of the plucky hero. Photo opportunities abound especially a special meet and greet area where one can get autographs and photos made with Br'er Rabbit. If you are looking for Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear, one will have to search through the many foothill courtyards within the area, however, they can be typically found near a giant statue near the entrance to the ride's que area.

Hungry Bear Restaurant: Pork ribs and barbeque chicken is the main selection on the menu here. To get here, one must trapse through a large craggy outcrop (located to the left of the Briar Patch gift shop) that sends diners within the stony home of Br'er Bear who has offered up a tentalizing feast in a spacious dining hall inside an expansive cavern. As oppossed to windows, there are small openings inside the cave walls, which are beautifully veiled by a mesmerizing stream of waterfalls. While everything within has a down home feel, there is an unexpected beauty to be found here. Upstairs, one can find a rowdier outpost at Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn and Cafe, which provides a segway into the Blue Shadow Trail area.

On the outskirts of Critter Country lies one of Disneyland's oldest traditions, The Country Bear Jamboree. This building is yet another segway into the more human side of Frontierland. The facade of the establishment suggests a more refined atmosphere, but once inside, it is clear that the animals are ruling the roost. The show itself will be in keeping with the original vision.

On the pathway leading to the Hundred Acre Wood area lies a small corner of Critter Country dedicated to two of Disney's most beloved rodent friends, Chip and Dale. Chip 'n Dale's Treehouse, a play area for children, is the main attraction here. On ground level, one will find the swanky Acorn Club, which serves up a sophisticated selection of counter-service delights, which will provide an alternative to the more rustic selections offered throughout Frontierland. I am also working on an E-Ticket attraction based on the 1990s television series. This ride will provide a lighter alternative for smaller children who did not brave attractions like Indiana Jones and the The Legend of Jack Sparrow.

Note: To clear things up about the layout so far, here is a more detailed description of Critter Country. From the bridge, guests enter immediately into the Splash Mountain area, which has been expanded to include a variety of shops and other convenience areas (i.e. restrooms, concession stands, etc.). A winding pathway takes guests to the base of Splash Mountain; the Briar Patch lies at the center and going clockwise one can find the Hungry Bear Restaurant, the trail to The Blue Shadow Trail, Country Bear Jamboree, the pathway to the Hundred Acre Wood and Splash Mountain. For guests walking away from Fantasyland, Critter Country gradually shifts into The Blue Shadow Trail, which spills into Polynesia (via a covered walkway) and The Blue Bayou.

Also, Critter Country is actually one of two sub-lands that bridge Fantasyland and Frontierland. Between the two will be The Hundred Acre Wood, which I will describe once we move on to Fantasyland.

Thanks yet again for reading and if there is any questions feel free to ask. :king:

Ilovewishes

I haven't actually got past reading about Agrabah yet and I love it! I love your idea for the Cave of Wonders. I've always thuoght that Disney could do so much more with Aladdin and a magic carpet ride. Aladdin's one of my favourite Disney films (second only to the Lion King) and I would love to see more of it in and around the parks!

The Adventurer

Original Poster
I agree. There is so much untapped potential from the Disney films even from the ones that they have used most frequently in the Disney Parks. Thank you for your compliments. I will be posting more soon. :king:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
To exit Critter Country, one has two options: travel left into The Blue Shadow Trail or visit Pooh and friends in the Hundred Acre Wood, which can be reached by utilizing a path between Country Bear Jamboree and Splash Mountain. For those entering The Blue Shadow Trail, visitors will begin to see the influence of man over the terrain. Wheras the building housing The Country Bear Jamboree seems to have been constructed out of the emerging hilltops, the nearby Pecos Bill Cafe is a completely manmade structure (although a stairwell will lead guests to the more primitive Hungry Bear Restaurant. Pecos Bill Cafe provides as a subtle transition into The Blue Shadow Trail. Here guests munch on a limited, but wonderful selection of burgers that are some of the best on property.

On the same path as the eatery (that provides diners with beautiful views of The Rivers of America, which is found nextdoor) is Slue Foot Sue's Diamond Horseshoe. Here, guests can experience a dining experience unlike any other. At lunch, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye as well as Mickey and Goofy (dressed in Western garb) entertain guests while they munch on a selection of down home delights. Dinner mirrors Walt Disney World's Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue although there will be added theming centered around the tall tale of Pecos Bill who, along with Slue Foot Sue and Widowmaker, make appearances during the show.

For shoppers, Woody's Western Emporium sells a variety of frontier themed souvenirs as well as apparel and gifts themed to Woody's Roundup, who perform and meet guests around the Frontierland Square, which blends smoothly with The Blue Bayou shopping district. Looming straight ahead (coming from Woody's Western Emporium) is The Haunted Mansion and the gloomy bog surrounding it. To the right is a quaint riverside bandstand as well as the docking area for the Mark Twain Riverboat. If one chooses to bypass The Blue Bayou, visitors can hang right and enter the more untamed town of Thunder Mesa!

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Sorry for cutting off my Frontierland post, but I am having to interrupt myself for a sec. There is going to be a major revision done to my posts about the layout of Polynesia and an another addition to The Blue Bayou (look near my description of The Haunted Mansion). So, to be up to date, you might want to return to that post soon! Thanks! :king:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Sorry about my lack of posts. I have been busy over the holiday weekend. Don't worry though. I am still cooking up ideas and I have not abandoned my Imagineer thread. My description of the Thunder Mesa area will be coming soon! :king:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
Yes and No. Most of the ideas I have had planned, but most of the little things come in moments of inspiration and when I am describing things to you on this post, it is the first time I am writing it. I am not copying it from a previously written description. Thanks for the compliments. :king:

The Adventurer

Original Poster
For a more detailed description of everything Thunder Mesa, this is a great site. www.omniluxe.net/wye/wre.htm

Thunder Mesa, which looms over the whole of Frontierland, is a huge complex that houses numerous interactive attractions fit for all ages.

To the left of Woody's Western Emporium lies a circular courtyard called the Frontierland Crossroads. To the left, a pathway takes guests to The Blue Bayou, flanking the pathway is The Haunted Mansion, next to the Haunted Mansion is Boot Hill Shooting Gallery, an elaborate shooting range set amongst a haunted cemetary that shares a border with The Blue Bayou and Thunder Mesa, to the right of Boot Hill is the pathway leading to Thunder Mesa, and finally, to the right of the path is the docking area for the Mark Twain Riverboat as well as the Disneyland Band Stand.

The pathway between the shooting range and the dock takes guests right into the heart of the old west. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad provides as the center piece of the range, but whereas previous incarnations of the attraction block the entire backside of Frontierland, this mountain dares guests to explore the backwaters of the Rivers of America and the attractions that lie behind it.

Surrounding BTMR is a more calmer railroad... The Walt Disney World Railroad, which winds around the mountain before returning to its more traditional course. Guests riding the railroad will ride past bubbling pots, a natural bridge, an arid desert, the flooded mining town, and prickly cacti.

Located between Boot Hill Cemetary and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a new addition to the Disney mountain range: Geyser Mountain, which takes guests on a wild mine ride through the caverns of the mesa before being shot up through a bubbling geyser. To reach the attraction, guests must trapse through the half-flooded town of Tumbleweed, which was sunk by a massive flash flood caused by the destruction of the mountainside.

To the right of Big Thunder Mountain is the Western River Expedition, which takes viewers on a Pirates of the Caribbeanesque ride through the waterways that flow in and around the mesa. Riders encounter a bank robbery, an Indian camp, wild Banditos, prairie dogs and buffalo, a dry gulch, the refugee townspeople of Tumbleweed, and a wild but mild waterfall drop that deposits guests into the Rivers of America.

Located outside the que area for the Western River Expedition is one of two docks that take put guests on a raft to Tom Sawyer Island.

Between the que for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Western River Expedition is a pathway leading to the backside of the mountain. Here, guests pass a beautiful painted desert, before reaching a heavily wooded area. After a small trip through the woods, guests reach Jamestown, a large fort community containing Davy Crockett's Tavern, a craftsman's outpost, a gift shop, and the que area for the Rainbow Mountain Stagecoaches, which take guests on a pleasant journey into a wooded mountain area meant to evoke the ethereal beauty of the Appalachian Mountains (where I hail from... sortof). On your journey, your guide will inform you of the legend of Rainbow Mountain, which is said to guard a mythical Indian village located in the lee of its shadow. Travelers eventually discover the mountain as well as evidence of the village, but in order to reach the home of the Indians, they must brave the Rainbow Mountain Trails. To reach the trails, one must take a pathway near the que for the Stagecoaches. One trail (meant for more intrepid hikers) will take guests up and around the mountain and down into Chief Powhatan's Indian Village, home of the legendary Pocahontas. The other path will take guests to Fowler's Harbour, where the Mike Fink Keel Boats can be found, which take a trip along the waters of the Rivers of America. Davy Crockett Canoes are also offers. For those taking the keelboat adventure, you will join Mike Fink, the legendary river pirate on a quest to pilage the Sailing Ship Columbia. If you choose to go with Crockett, you are on a daring mission to thwart Fink's plan and save the innocent passangers aboard the ship. On your journey around the river, guests pass Chief Powhatan's Indian Village, numerous wildlife, and even the Sailing Ship Columbia, which makes port in Liberty Street.

Thanks for reading. Up next is Chief Powhatan's Indian Village. :king:

Spike-in-Berlin

Located between Boot Hill Cemetary and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a new addition to the Disney mountain range: Geyser Mountain, which takes guests on a wild mine ride through the caverns of the mesa before being shot up through a bubbling geyser. To reach the attraction, guests must trapse through the half-flooded town of Tumbleweed, which was sunk by a massive flash flood caused by the destruction of the mountainside.

What exactly is the major difference between BTMR and Geyser Mountain? And there is a major problem with the stagecoaches, their small capacity and long loading times, one of the reasons why they were finally closed in DL.
But thanks a lot for the new post anyway, I was looking up this thread every day since the last part, looking for more. Your writing style is truly immersing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom