Pre-Trip A Deluxe Mother/Daughter Trip!

Hello all! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Donna and I've been stalking these boards for about 2 years now. I just recently started commenting on everyone's reports, so I thought it would be fun to write my own :).

WHO: Me and MOM!!! Here is us at my wedding this past September :inlove:

I moved out of state about 6 years ago so I don't get to see my family as much as I'd like and I hardly got to see anyone the weekend of the wedding, so I called my mom one day and was like "Hey, do you want to go to Disney?!" And here we are :cat:.

WHEN: May 11-15 Our first time going during Flower & Garden, really looking forward to this!

WHERE: The Contemporary! I asked my mom where she wants to stay the most.. and this is what she picked YAY! This will be our first time staying at a Deluxe. So many firsts this trip!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Following along! I am also going on a trip with my mom May 11-15! Super excited for F&G! We also got a preview for Avatarland...can't wait to see it!
How did you get a preview?! That's so awesome we're going at the same time! I cannot wait, my first time for F&G and last time for Wishes, but have ROL and Happily Ever After to make up for it! 40 days to go!

geebee721

How did you get a preview?! That's so awesome we're going at the same time! I cannot wait, my first time for F&G and last time for Wishes, but have ROL and Happily Ever After to make up for it! 40 days to go!

I love F&G...last time I went was 5 years ago and I loved it. My mom and I got annual passes this year, and they sent me an email for a preview so I signed up.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I love F&G...last time I went was 5 years ago and I loved it. My mom and I got annual passes this year, and they sent me an email for a preview so I signed up.
I heard about the annual passholder preview... this makes me want to upgrade.. I was looking at the booth menus yesterday, so many new yummy drinks (and food I guess) to try! Cannot wait!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster

30 DAYS!!!!!!! I cannot wait for this trip!!!!!!!!!!!! Called and setup DME yesterday, ADR's are setup, and MagicBands have shipped (even though I got cool different ones). Nothing left to do but wait... the worst part!:depressed::arghh:

What's better than buying new shoes? Buying new shoes for DISNEY:D:);)

These came in yesterday, now just to break them in in time.

If anyone has done the Keys to the Kingdom tour, I'm curious if they give you lunch or anything.. it's a 5 hour tour, just trying to decide how much to eat that morning.

Now I just have to find my camera... I moved in December and a lot of things are still in the garage, lol!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I got a new pair of Brooks too. It's the most comfortable shoe for me and I have to get wide which is so hard to find!
I still have to break them in and I only have 22 days to do it! I need to get on this so I'm not hobbling around Disney lol. This is my first pair of Brooks so glad to hear they are great shoes, especially for the price!

joshsprincess921

I don't think they will give you issues. I've never worn the Ghost before, but the GTS have always been great. Doesn't really need a long "break in" phase. But you are right, they are expensive. My fiance complains b/c he thinks they are ugly and for the amount of money you should get a better looking shoe, lol. I pay for comfort!

bethymouse

Hello all! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Donna and I've been stalking these boards for about 2 years now. I just recently started commenting on everyone's reports, so I thought it would be fun to write my own :).

WHO: Me and MOM!!! Here is us at my wedding this past September :inlove:

I moved out of state about 6 years ago so I don't get to see my family as much as I'd like and I hardly got to see anyone the weekend of the wedding, so I called my mom one day and was like "Hey, do you want to go to Disney?!" And here we are :cat:.

WHEN: May 11-15 Our first time going during Flower & Garden, really looking forward to this!

WHERE: The Contemporary! I asked my mom where she wants to stay the most.. and this is what she picked YAY! This will be our first time staying at a Deluxe. So many firsts this trip!
I wish you both the very best! My Mom and I are also going 4/28-5/1 and staying at the Grand Floridian. It's a pre- Mother's Day treat. We're staying Club Level. We are so blessed to still have our Moms here with us.:D

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I wish you both the very best! My Mom and I are also going 4/28-5/1 and staying at the Grand Floridian. It's a pre- Mother's Day treat. We're staying Club Level. We are so blessed to still have our Moms here with us.:D
Wow Grand Floridian!? That's amazing! I hope you and your mom have an amazing time!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I hear you
Enjoy everyday on its own
Gather memories for a lifetime
Stop, smell the roses....
then get moving to not miss your FP window!!!

Max
I will do my best to stop and smell the roses, spend some quality time with my mom, and NOT get stressed if things don't go as planned. Going to try to go with the flow and enjoy every second!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Good morning!!

I have 2 AMAZING things to report today... 1st of all- I'm doing the SINGLE DIGIT DANCE TODAY!!! 9 days until I'm in my favorite place in the world!!!:D:D:D:inlove::inlove:

And last, but not least, WE GOT A PUPPY:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

thumbnail_IMG_0097.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0098.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0099.jpg

Her name is Willow and she's the sweetest little girl I've ever met. We love her to pieces already :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:. I just hope Daddy can take care of her on his own while I'm in Disney ;).

Have a great Tuesday!

kaitertot5249

Willow is SO CUTE!!!

Sounds like you're having a great May so far: a new puppy and a single digit dance and it's only the second day :D

Although, reading your PTR is a little bitter sweet for me. My best friend and I had pretty much planned out a girls trip for the same dates you and your mom will be in Disney but we had to cancel because of some personal things :cry:.

I am looking forward to living vicariously through your TR when you return though!

blreinsel

Awwww Willow is precious! I got my pup just a few weeks prior to my trip last year and was a nervous wreck about leaving her. Daddy kept her happy and healthy while I was gone... I guess we should have faith in them. ;) YAY for single digit dancing!!!!!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Willow is SO CUTE!!!

Sounds like you're having a great May so far: a new puppy and a single digit dance and it's only the second day :D

Although, reading your PTR is a little bitter sweet for me. My best friend and I had pretty much planned out a girls trip for the same dates you and your mom will be in Disney but we had to cancel because of some personal things :cry:.

I am looking forward to living vicariously through your TR when you return though!
Yes, it's been a crazy month so far and it's only the 2nd... I started a new job yesterday on top of everything else lol! I'm sorry your girl trip didn't work out :(, hopefully you'll get back to Disney soon! I would love a girl trip but none of my friends are Disney fans like me lol. Can't wait to write my first trip report when I get back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom