Pre-Trip A Deluxe Mother/Daughter Trip!

Hello all! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Donna and I've been stalking these boards for about 2 years now. I just recently started commenting on everyone's reports, so I thought it would be fun to write my own :).

WHO: Me and MOM!!! Here is us at my wedding this past September :inlove:

I moved out of state about 6 years ago so I don't get to see my family as much as I'd like and I hardly got to see anyone the weekend of the wedding, so I called my mom one day and was like "Hey, do you want to go to Disney?!" And here we are :cat:.

WHEN: May 11-15 Our first time going during Flower & Garden, really looking forward to this!

WHERE: The Contemporary! I asked my mom where she wants to stay the most.. and this is what she picked YAY! This will be our first time staying at a Deluxe. So many firsts this trip!

prfctlyximprct

I have heard such wonderful things about The Wave! I can't wait to read about all your food choices! Man, I am seriously obsessed with Disney food! I'm from NJ too and am dying to try Via Napoli pizza but compromised with my fiancé for Teppan Edo! And you get to do both, I'm not jealous or anything :p

Your trip will be here before you know it! And check the app and countdown as much as you want too! These days I wake up and yearn for a countdown :(

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I have heard such wonderful things about The Wave! I can't wait to read about all your food choices! Man, I am seriously obsessed with Disney food! I'm from NJ too and am dying to try Via Napoli pizza but compromised with my fiancé for Teppan Edo! And you get to do both, I'm not jealous or anything :p

Your trip will be here before you know it! And check the app and countdown as much as you want too! These days I wake up and yearn for a countdown :(
I'm obsessed with Disney food too! I can't go a full day without looking at menus.. There are so many other places I want to try, Cali Grill and Yachtsman are at the top of my list right now, but they'll have to wait until I can get back with DH.

I Love Teppan Edo and can't wait for Via Napoli! You have a wedding to plan and then hopefully you'll get to countdown again, possibly a Disneymoon! My husband proposed in Disney, so he refused to have a Disneymoon LOL so we compromised on Mexico :)

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I Finally got the Keys to the Kingdom tour booked!! So excited for this! Has anyone else done it and have tips/pointers? The CM just said to wear comfortable shoes (duh!).

This is going to be such a different kind of trip than what I am used to. I'm used to running around, trying to ride Everything, eating Everywhere, etc. This time it will just be me and mom, and since she doesn't like big or spinning rides I think I'll have more time to slow down and take everything in for a change. Of course I'll get myself a few fastpasses (Space, TOT, you know the faves), but it'll be nice to take it easy this trip (minus the 5 hour walking tour lol).

120 days to go!!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster

I don't feel like working today... and my trip-planning is at a stand still for now. So I wanted to post this pic of 7 years ago today when I got my Baby :inlove::inlove:

I bought her from a pet store o_O, my friend and I just happened to be in the mall this night and wandered into the pet store. Well, I took one look at this girl and REFUSED to leave there without her. Now, keep in mind, I could barely afford my rent and there was a pet fee to have a dog at my apartment and I really Couldn't afford a dog. But, I still HAD to have her and it's the greatest thing I ever did.

So, 4 days later I had a puppy who only wanted to sleep all the time and could not keep food down. After a midnight vet visit, I found out she had Parvo... for those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically a hugely contagious virus that pretty much will kill a dog if it's not treated in time. Needless to say, I had already had 4 days with my puppy and I was not giving her up. So I paid the (Crazy) bill to have her treated. During the 4 days she was in the hospital, I spent that time fighting with the pet store to get my money back, and to let them know that my dog had parvo, and that most-likely every dog in the store had it as well. They pretty much seemed unconcerned about it, as they told me I could bring my dog back and get another one :mad::(o_O:bored::jawdrop:. But I stuck to my guns and eventually got my refund for the purchase of my dog (just about the same amount as the vet bill). But 4 days later I had my Baby back.

And this is her this past weekend, at our new house where she (finally) got her first fenced-in yard that she LOVES.

Sorry, I veered away from Disney but, like I said, there isn't much more for me to do right now. 118 days to go!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

joshsprincess921

Not much new to report, but my countdown is now 108 days!!! So close to the under 100 mark! I'm still looking for matching shirts for my mom and I, but she's coming to visit next month so we can go shopping :cat:.

So close! Can't wait to see your shirts! I made 97 days today. I have a Cameo Silhouette machine and I designed a bunch of shirts this weekend for my trip. I can't wait until I get a chance to make them and see how they come out.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
94 days!!!!!!! I was just on the Disney store website and found this:

Dumbo is my #1 Favorite Disney character! I mean, how cute is he?! I normally wouldn't buy myself a magic band when I get one for free (I ordered the new purple for us too) but I do have a birthday coming up and always buy myself something LOL... I might just have to do it :D.

I'm still in the planning stages where there isn't much to do, so I've been looking at dining menus trying to decide what I'll want to eat in May ;)... even though the menus will probably be different by then. The one giving me the most trouble is Kona breakfast, I can't decide if I want to try Tonga Toast (which I've never had) but there are So many other good options on the menu.. first world problems right?

Hoping the next 94 days goes Fast, I'm already burnt out at work and this countdown is keeping me going!

joshsprincess921

The Dumbo magic band is so cute. I say go for it! I'm getting close to fastpass selections as well and I'm think I am most nervous about that part b/c I've never done it since they've changed to this system! I also just added a Kona breakfast to our lineup. I most definitely have to try the Tonga Toast. I've never had it either and I'm soooo looking forward to it, but you are right, so many other options look good too.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
The Dumbo magic band is so cute. I say go for it! I'm getting close to fastpass selections as well and I'm think I am most nervous about that part b/c I've never done it since they've changed to this system! I also just added a Kona breakfast to our lineup. I most definitely have to try the Tonga Toast. I've never had it either and I'm soooo looking forward to it, but you are right, so many other options look good too.
Fastpass+ is easy enough, my only advice is don't book them so close together timewise. My rookie mistake my first time was booking all 3 back to back then we'd have to run around trying to get to them all, missing things in between lol. Also, it's easier (for me) to book them on my laptop vs. the app. I think I'll have to have Tonga Toast this time, then just go back again and try everything else!

amjt660

94 days!!!!!!! I was just on the Disney store website and found this:

Dumbo is my #1 Favorite Disney character! I mean, how cute is he?! I normally wouldn't buy myself a magic band when I get one for free (I ordered the new purple for us too) but I do have a birthday coming up and always buy myself something LOL... I might just have to do it :D.

The one giving me the most trouble is Kona breakfast, I can't decide if I want to try Tonga Toast (which I've never had) but there are So many other good options on the menu.. first world problems right?
Love the Dumbo band - go for it and ...

Tonga, Tonga, Tonga .....
upload_2017-2-7_22-46-26.png

Max

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
So when it's your birthday month, you have a trip coming up in less than 100 days, and you get a 25% coupon from the Disney Store.. I guess that means you HAVE to splurge... well I did and I'm SO excited and had to share lol.

Here is what I got:

MagicBand for me :inlove::inlove::inlove:

MagicBand for Mom :):)

And two shirts for me :):inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::D

I now have 92 days to go!! It seems like the last few weeks have just been Crawling by, hoping it starts to speed up now!

Oh, and I'll leave you with a random photo of my cat... because why not?

:cat::cat::inlove::inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom