Pre-Trip A Deluxe Mother/Daughter Trip!

Hello all! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Donna and I've been stalking these boards for about 2 years now. I just recently started commenting on everyone's reports, so I thought it would be fun to write my own :).

WHO: Me and MOM!!! Here is us at my wedding this past September :inlove:

I moved out of state about 6 years ago so I don't get to see my family as much as I'd like and I hardly got to see anyone the weekend of the wedding, so I called my mom one day and was like "Hey, do you want to go to Disney?!" And here we are :cat:.

WHEN: May 11-15 Our first time going during Flower & Garden, really looking forward to this!

WHERE: The Contemporary! I asked my mom where she wants to stay the most.. and this is what she picked YAY! This will be our first time staying at a Deluxe. So many firsts this trip!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I did go and browse the website last night. :cautious: I'm trying to be good.. I've bought a few shirts for Dylan and I.. Must. Resist. Buying. More. :arghh:
This is the first time in a long time that I've bought anything Disney... so I was due lol and it's SO hard not to buy things all the time!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I was just thinking how badly I wish my trip spanned over those dates so I could see it all.. I am not quite so lucky. :( Happily Ever After from the Cali Grill it will be. :oops:
I'm sure it'll be just as magical as Wishes, if not more. I'm so excited, my plans never land on things like this!

Zipadeelady

That I can do! I'm trying to be super excited for it like I was for Wishes! It's really hard. :( I think I'll feel better once the new show starts and others start saying how wonderful it is!
Same. I was even brain storming on trying to go to Disney for one day to see Wishes one last time. My husband thought I was crazy and no one was to interested in going, plus the cost just didn't make it feasible.

blreinsel

Same. I was even brain storming on trying to go to Disney for one day to see Wishes one last time. My husband thought I was crazy and no one was to interested in going, plus the cost just didn't make it feasible.

Yeah.. You're not alone in that logic! I considered it too but it's just too much. Plus, I want Dylan's first experience to be the FULL Disney experience so a day trip just wouldn't cut it. ;)

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Yeah.. You're not alone in that logic! I considered it too but it's just too much. Plus, I want Dylan's first experience to be the FULL Disney experience so a day trip just wouldn't cut it. ;)
I'm considering cancelling my Ohana reservation so we can watch Wishes from the MK for the last time... but I've also never seen it from Ohana.. I can't decide ahh!

Tuvalu

I'm considering cancelling my Ohana reservation so we can watch Wishes from the MK for the last time... but I've also never seen it from Ohana.. I can't decide ahh!
Depending on where you sit in 'Ohana, you probably won't see Wishes. Only a few window tables allow for fireworks viewing and not really a prime view (watching them from the Poly beach is better.) If Wishes is a must, I'd pass on 'Ohana.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Depending on where you sit in 'Ohana, you probably won't see Wishes. Only a few window tables allow for fireworks viewing and not really a prime view (watching them from the Poly beach is better.) If Wishes is a must, I'd pass on 'Ohana.
Good call @Tuvalu! If it wasn't the last night for Wishes, I would've like to watch them from Ohana, which is why I made that reservation in the first place. But since it's the last time, I want to watch it from Main Street. Made a reservation at Tony's for 6:55, they have shrimp scampi on the menu (my mom's favorite) so after dinner we can hangout until Wishes. Possibly get a spot on the train platform. So excited!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster

Alright, Fastpasses are booked and things have been moved around a bit. So here are my (current) plans:

Arrive Thursday May 11- We will both arrive around 11am and will hop on DME.

Fastpasses:
Haunted Manson- 235-335
Peter Pan's Flight- 345-445
Space Mountain (for me ;))- 5pm-6pm

Then I changed our Ohana reservation to Tony's Town Square at 6:55. Since this is the last night ever for Wishes, I really wanted a better view. So the plan is to have dinner, then hang around main street and see if we can find a good spot, possibly on the train station or in the hub.

Friday, May 12:
Epcot in the morning, Animal Kingdom in the evening

Fastpasses:
SSE- 935-1035
Soarin- 1050-1150am (this will be my first time on the new Soarin! can't wait!)
Nemo- 1210-110

I don't think we will get to the Nemo fastpass, I'd rather go on Soarin then go over to World Showcase and wander for a bit (Voices of Liberty!!! Oh, and a few beers around the world too!)
This is the day I cancelled my Via Napoli lunch for the ROL dining package at AK. So instead of a big lunch, we're going to walk over to the Boardwalk for Ample Hills! I'm an ice cream addict, so cannot wait for this!

From the Boardwalk we can hitch a bus to AK. Depending on waits for rides, we can do the safari and I can do Everest before dinner. Dinner is at 6:30pm at Tusker House with the ROL package. I can't wait for ROL!!! I figure we can eat and then slowly make our way over for ROL to get a good seat.

Saturday, May 13
This morning we have breakfast at The Wave at 9:20am, so we will probably get to sleep in a little this day (that's why I made the later breakfast).
Today we will be spending the morning at HS and a possible evening at MK for the new fireworks!

Fastpasses:

Toy Story- 1130-1230
TOT (My FAVORITE RIDE IN ALL OF WDW!!!) 1255-155
Muppets- 205-305

I only have breakfast scheduled for this morning so we will just wing it with lunch/dinner. I'm sure there will be Mickey ice cream at some point and possibly other ice cream as well.

Sunday, May 14- Mother's Day!!
So my mom requested 2 things for this trip- dinner at Teppan Edo and the Keys to the Kingdom tour... done and done!

At 8:15 this morning we need to be at the MK ready to go for our tour. I'm so excited for this!

After our tour, I booked a few fastpasses:
Jungle Cruise- 135-235
Big Thunder (for me :D) 240-340
POTC 420-520pm

We then have dinner at Teppan Edo @ 6:30pm. Epcot is my favorite park, and Illuminations is my favorite nighttime show :inlove::inlove::inlove: so what better way to finish up Mother's Day?!

Monday, May 15- Departure Day :cry::cry::cry::(:arghh:

Why is just typing about our last day so sad??
We have a breakfast ADR for 9:15am @ Kona Café!! I FINALLY get to try Tonga Toast!!!!!

After the inevitable sugar high, we will spend the rest of our last day either at Disney Springs or possibly a monorail shopping crawl. Both of our flights leave around 5pm, so that means DME around 2pm :)().

So that's what I have for now, would love any feedback. I have 60 days to move things around (LOL) but hopefully I won't.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
I forgot to add that my husband agreed to a birthday trip next year!!!! My past birthday (February) I mentioned that it just wasn't the same when we're not in Disney. We went for my 30th 2 years ago and had an amazing time. So I get to plan another trip! My birthday week always lands on Presidents Day/Mardi Gras so I think we'll go the week after to avoid the crowds. But not going to plan more than that until after my May trip. One at a time!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom