Trip Report A Day (or 4) at the Races

Good morning from the World! It’s a big foggy here at the Boardwalk this morning
E595227C-EB85-459C-96C9-0AD86515109A.jpeg

Just a couple minutes before the Deli has our breakfast ready so I figured I’d get this thing started!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
😳😳😳
Wow—that stinks.

All of those faces made me laugh
Dial Up Al Gore GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Yeah. That AOL .gif is far faster than our actual internet. For example... right now, my daughter is on a Zoom call and after waiting about 5 minutes for this page to finish loading I can finally type a response. I can't stream music or tv right now, for sure. Although, there is potential hope on the horizon as we recently were told that as part of Comcast's limited monopoly in our area, we possibly have a case for forcing them to run lines down our street. Not confident about it, but anythings worth a try!

MickeyCB

That AOL .gif is far faster than our actual internet.
Something that may help (from a true rural dweller here), in the last year or so I've had both the T-Mobile and Verizon wireless gateway devices.
$50/mon T-mobile (had to get rid of because stopped working), and now have $25/mon verizon and it's much better than my 2.2 mb speed I used to get with DSL. :(
Not perfect but a lot better with maybe 25mb.
I can actually watch Disney + now!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Something that may help (from a true rural dweller here), in the last year or so I've had both the T-Mobile and Verizon wireless gateway devices.
$50/mon T-mobile (had to get rid of because stopped working), and now have $25/mon verizon and it's much better than my 2.2 mb speed I used to get with DSL. :(
Not perfect but a lot better with maybe 25mb.
I can actually watch Disney + now!

I hate actually typing this... our 6mb is WITH a Verizon Gateway device. We can watch Disney+, but nobody can be online in any way at the same time. We really are not THAT rural, but it's a bad combination of factors - lots of wooded areas, very hilly and rocky terrain, and then our little 6 house street that isn't worth anybody's money to run high speed lines down. We barely get any cell service either.

MickeyCB

I hate actually typing this... our 6mb is WITH a Verizon Gateway device. We can watch Disney+, but nobody can be online in any way at the same time. We really are not THAT rural, but it's a bad combination of factors - lots of wooded areas, very hilly and rocky terrain, and then our little 6 house street that isn't worth anybody's money to run high speed lines down. We barely get any cell service either.
Yeah, that stinks.
My brother in law who used to work for verizon was here visiting and shocked at how awful our wifi was and he researched and found me the T Mobile device first. It actually worked better till they messed around with their tower somewhere near here. And as I was paying about $120/mon for the 2mb DSL, the $50 was a deal.
Don't know if that would help you at all.
And sorry, I'll quit diverting from the more interesting topic of your last day at Disney!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wait? What??? It's been a month. I don't deserve any readers at this point. Bail out now! Whatever you do, no clicking on any reactions!!!

So, the last morning. The girls both have annual passes (given they both have had multiple visits since buying them and have more planned), but I was just on a 3 day pass, so the last morning was girl time at Animal Kingdom while I got our room packed up and everything into the rental car. To avoid waiting for a bus, I actually drove them to AK first thing and it was quite odd not parking!!

They did their usual morning at Animal Kingdom plan. Everest, Everest, and more Everest. Which, if you haven't done early morning in Animal Kingdom in recent years, heading to Everest in the morning means this...
IMG_4912.jpg

Yes, totally empty paths. Everybody heads to Pandora first (or maybe the Safari). They got three rides in before heading to their breakfast at Tusker House.
2023-02-27 - Disneys Animal Kingdom Park - Expedition Everest  Legend of the Forbidden Mounta...jpeg
2023-02-27 - Disneys Animal Kingdom Park - Expedition Everest  Legend of the Forbidden Mounta...jpeg
2023-02-27 - Disneys Animal Kingdom Park - Expedition Everest  Legend of the Forbidden Mountain.jpeg

And they were delighted to have it back to something very close to pre-COVID normalcy with buffet food (so much less wasted than with the family style service they had been doing) and real visits with characters.
IMG_4928.jpg

At about 9:30am, I was out of the room and headed back to Animal Kingdom to get the girls. We still had a decent bit of the afternoon to enjoy some time in Disney Springs, so we headed there right away. My daughter had some things to try to exchange (ill fitting shoes she had bought on her visit in January and a backpack that fell apart way too quickly) so the girls went to Vera Bradley to figure out if they could do anything about the backpack and I headed to the Co-Op to try to exchange the shoes. No success with the backpack, but shoes were secured!

Did a little more shopping around Disney Springs and I caught some random high school band and chorus on the stage (doing some scouting for another school trip coming next January). As some strange kind of appetizer, we got the Tinkerbell Waffle Sundae - oh, that lemon curd was awesome. I think my wife might have a picture of it that I will share later (or possibly forget to share). And then we headed to lunch at The Boathouse, which is always a favorite.

After lunch, we had a little more time before we needed to head to the airport, so we decided to drive up to the new College Program housing campus (along the Western Way) to just explore a little since our daughter is planning to maybe do the CP in summer 2024. We then headed to the airport. Just incase we thought things would be easy... about 5 minutes from the airport we got stuck in traffic. Serious traffic. Like route 528 was pretty much shut down for a little while. Eventually we got to the issue, which was a tractor trailer totally jack-knifed across the entire road with a couple other vehicles obviously involved. The negative was it meant some anxiety and not much time when we got to the airport. The positive was it meant that we got to see the SpaceX launch from Cape Canaveral that happened that evening. That was pretty cool. The insanity of getting through security with very few moments to spare was not so cool.

But we made it onto our flight on time and managed to get seats together and got back home in the middle of the night with at least 4 hours of sleep before heading the school the next morning!!

Hopefully in something less than another month, I'll get the rest of the pictures from everyone's phones and get a few more posted for you! But, don't count on it. The musical at our school is two weeks away, so I'm at school from 7am-7pm every day for the next two weeks in rehearsals.

slipperalwaysfits

No 5k today, just 10k for all of us tomorrow and the girls will do the half marathon on Sunday.
I'm here...completely late but enjoyed the report nonetheless.

10K!!! Impressive any time, extra impressive when the wake-up call is 2 am!! Congrats to all of you! :)

Not sure why there was a conductor party going on?
Because they need to party for the train's return, too! :geek::geek::geek:
Did the ultimate mobile order plan. Got the last breakfast window (10:30-11) window for Tonga Toast and breakfast potatoes and the first lunch (11-11:30) for pulled pork nachos.
#disneytime
However, the true highlight was on the way out when we walked past a CM standing by his golf cart and he offered us a ride to parking!
Magic is everywhere!
Our daughter ran ahead of us and got this great shot flying in front of Tower of Terror.
This shot should be framed!! Awesome!! :geek:

After fireworks, we met up with a friend and fellow racer and headed back into Fantasyland to meet some Princesses and show off our medals. And also do a LOT of pictures there with Rapunzel and Tiana.
Ummmm....yes, please. Rapunzel and Tiana are some of my favorite parts of the trip! I LOVE that they share a M&G!!

They did their usual morning at Animal Kingdom plan. Everest, Everest, and more Everest. Which, if you haven't done early morning in Animal Kingdom in recent years, heading to Everest in the morning means this...
YES! So this is my am plan at AK, too. Can't get enough of this ride! Looks like they had the train to themselves the first time! Whoo hoo!
The positive was it meant that we got to see the SpaceX launch from Cape Canaveral that happened that evening. That was pretty cool. The insanity of getting through security with very few moments to spare was not so cool.
I would have been very, very nervous at this point but the SpaceX launch sounds awesome. Still too nervous to enjoy it.
The musical at our school is two weeks away, so I'm at school from 7am-7pm every day for the next two weeks in rehearsals.
Ohhhhh...what's the musical this year? I'm sure it will be awesome thanks to all your and the students' hard work!

lindawdw

It sounds like the perfect last day although the stressful part of the ride to the airport I'm sure you could do without!!! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Wait? What??? It's been a month. I don't deserve any readers at this point. Bail out now! Whatever you do, no clicking on any reactions!!!
Seeing as I just found this awesome trip report, this edict does not apply to me. 😁

Sorry for the "like-bomb" :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom