Trip Report A Day (or 4) at the Races

Good morning from the World! It’s a big foggy here at the Boardwalk this morning
E595227C-EB85-459C-96C9-0AD86515109A.jpeg

Just a couple minutes before the Deli has our breakfast ready so I figured I’d get this thing started!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
This morning, I'm get the room all packed up while the girls are enjoying some early morning Animal Kingdom time, so I've got a couple minutes to get caught up on last night!

Well, actually, gotta get caught up to yesterday afternoon. After our lunch, we headed over to meet Anna and Elsa and get some medal pictures with the two of them.
2023-02-26 - Epcot - Frozen_7.jpeg
2023-02-26 - Epcot - Frozen_19.jpeg

After which (BTW, the wait was only maybe 10 minutes, which was quite nice). After that, our Guardians group was being called (group 75 at 1:40pm) and I feel like our ride picture PERFECTLY shows who we are with respect to rides. Girls are loving it and I am tolerating it, but still having a small level of fun.
2023-02-26 - Epcot - Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind.jpeg

We are all tired and an afternoon nap was definitely in order before our dinner, BUT we still did one of my personal favorites before heading out with Living With the Land (wait was maybe one minute). We considered doing Spaceship Earth as well, but the line was about 10 minutes and that long in the dark might've meant all three of us asleep by the end. So, back to the room we went and got another 45 minutes or so of sleep before getting ready for our fancy dinner at California Grill.

Sandurz

What'd you think of the Cali 50th menu? I feel like I see a lot of gripes about it but I thought it was pretty great! Hadn't been before so maybe it's all relative but I had low expectations going in, and it cleared those by a long shot, and even felt like a better value than many of our other meals during the same trip.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
I promise I'll get the last night and day posted soon! It's always tough to miss a couple days of classes, but on top of the usual catching up... I've got a concert tomorrow (Thursday) night, so it's been a LOT of catching things up and getting things ready. But you don't want to hear me complain, you want me to post about late night at Magic Kingdom and then the early morning at Animal Kingdom for the girls and final afternoon at Disney Springs - and (another tease)... big surprise - travel misadventures! This weekend. I'll try!!!

littleroo

I promise I'll get the last night and day posted soon! It's always tough to miss a couple days of classes, but on top of the usual catching up... I've got a concert tomorrow (Thursday) night, so it's been a LOT of catching things up and getting things ready. But you don't want to hear me complain, you want me to post about late night at Magic Kingdom and then the early morning at Animal Kingdom for the girls and final afternoon at Disney Springs - and (another tease)... big surprise - travel misadventures! This weekend. I'll try!!!
Can't wait!!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
I know... is it even really worth the wait any more? For those who have maybe missed this from me in the past - here at home, we have very limited internet. We live on a cul-de-sac that no company is willing to run any kind of high-speed to. We still have DSL... 6Mbps at the very best of times. So, doing much of anything with pictures is a bit of a pain. Which cramps the style of my posts. I will hopefully get a good enough signal to add some pictures later!

But, really, we don't have a whole lot of pictures from that last night anyway. After dinner, the girls rushed a bit to get into MK and get to the rise past Casey's for fireworks. I waited to pay our bill at California Grill and then was just going to watch fireworks from the viewing area up there. It was quite breezy and there was already a pretty big crowd outside, so I bailed out and (as you saw earlier) found myself hanging out on the backstage (not really any more) path to watch fireworks. It was actually a pretty nice view and definitely nice not to be in the mass of people on Main Street.

After fireworks, we met up with a friend and fellow racer and headed back into Fantasyland to meet some Princesses and show off our medals. And also do a LOT of pictures there with Rapunzel and Tiana. Then we walked down the path next to the castle toward Sleepy Hollow, where they have an awesome Photopass spot with a glowing slipper on a pillow. And, again, LOTS of pictures. We also checked out a few other unique picture spots around the castle and I hope to share those later!!

We headed over to Adventureland and pretty much walked straight onto Pirates. Crossed the park and similarly walked straight onto Buzz. And, our daughter pulled off the 999,999 score and got her sticker on the way out (again, pictures will follow at some point!!). Had to get another ride on TTA and get some night pictures of Tron and the colors changing on the canopy. We were all getting pretty tired at that point, so we decided to head out even though it wasn't quite closing time, yet.

Headed back to the room and got ourselves some sleep since the morning was going to mean getting the girls to Animal Kingdom early and then packing for departure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom