Trip Report A Day (or 4) at the Races

Good morning from the World! It’s a big foggy here at the Boardwalk this morning
E595227C-EB85-459C-96C9-0AD86515109A.jpeg

Just a couple minutes before the Deli has our breakfast ready so I figured I’d get this thing started!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Enjoy your race tomorrow. I’ve got a 10k training run scheduled for this weekend but will need to walk it because I had minor surgery the other day and am not supposed to be running yet (and to be honest, I don’t feel like I could). Sunday is supposed to get back down to freezing temperatures with glacial winds so I think I’ll make sure to find time to do it tomorrow.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Expo!!!

140AA5CA-8FD1-4A33-B8B0-43F233E80F91.jpeg

Full of good food from Captain Cook’s, we walked back to TTC and then drove over to Wide World of Sports. Got some goodies, and our bibs and shirts.

And, yes, that’s a castle inside the Expo.
17DE1290-B58F-4C45-A218-E857C740CC36.jpeg

Pandora. Geez! Avoided that spot but enjoyed lots of other exhibitors and got some good race prep pics.
9737B880-546D-4D23-BB23-2A383610AFC3.jpeg

However, the true highlight was on the way out when we walked past a CM standing by his golf cart and he offered us a ride to parking!
FE1A28F6-E4A8-41F8-AFF2-8E95B4936085.jpeg

Like we were royalty! Now it’s R&R time at the Boardwalk.
image.jpg

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
An hour or so at the pool, some down time in our room, and then some dinner from Boardwalk Deli. Sadly, too busy eating to get pictures. But, all good and filling! Now it’s over to Magic Kingdom for the evening. Our only real priority is catching the fireworks.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I had to abandon my 10k walk - I’d gotten in about 4.5 to 5 miles of it (my Garmin GPS was slow to load this am) and the steri-strips I need to wear following a minor procedure started to fall off because I was walking too fast and got too warm … so I detoured to a pharmacy to get my wound disinfected and clean steri-strips put on. Overall I did get in a 10 km though, just not all of it at a “sports” pace.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
I had to abandon my 10k walk - I’d gotten in about 4.5 to 5 miles of it (my Garmin GPS was slow to load this am) and the steri-strips I need to wear following a minor procedure started to fall off because I was walking too fast and got too warm … so I detoured to a pharmacy to get my wound disinfected and clean steri-strips put on. Overall I did get in a 10 km though, just not all of it at a “sports” pace.
Can’t decide if that is a sad or thumbs up reaction. I’m shocked by the current state of my knees not being terrible.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Can’t decide if that is a sad or thumbs up reaction. I’m shocked by the current state of my knees not being terrible.

It‘s definitely not a sad. I could have walked slower and not gotten so overheated but as usual left too late to get in a casual 10k walk before meeting up with my girlfriends for coffee. Plus it was sort of a last minute decision to do such a long walk - had been planning for tomorrow but there is now a severe weather warning for tomorrow (winds) and I am not stupid enough to go out in that and risk getting hit in the head by something.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Sorry you had to abandon your 10K walk, but it sounds like it was the right thing to do for yourself. I don't know what your procedure was, but good for you for trying the 10k while recovering! I would have used it as an excuse not to do the 10k and be lazy instead.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Whew! That was a long day. It was supposed to end with Fantasmic! tonight, but we’ve bailed on that.

So, let’s get back to the race and a few pictures from a very warm and humid morning.

303EFF97-8722-4E6C-BBAC-DAD0A178EFD1.jpeg

The big start. We were in the 2nd wave of corral B, so somewhat toward the front. We started at about 5:10am and the last wave of the last corral didn’t start until 6:10am. Still a lot of people trying to in what is sometimes too small of a space.

Most of the characters along the route were princesses and we didn’t feel much desire to stop. But, given our costumes, Mickey was a must.
31CD1D24-B90D-4AA9-B178-E97DDD0CCDEB.jpeg

Our daughter ran ahead of us and got this great shot flying in front of Tower of Terror.
155AAF51-3D36-4D44-8F87-CB362DFE01C0.jpeg

Always enjoy Epcot before sunrise.
7BE3E22E-C41E-48A0-9520-2DEA630DB38A.jpeg

And I was very happy to see these guys on the route. Definitely love me the Jammitors.
F8E8FA87-51E1-4039-BA14-7A84FBE81202.jpeg

In case you had any doubts, we really did finish.
02C1D5B4-61B5-4CD6-B832-ADC9C4CD9262.jpeg

And the obligatory post-race beer picture.
0E6BB1FA-BD1B-4688-B396-80A79F9AB55F.jpeg

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
In case you’ve forgotten since 5 or so posts ago… we got cleaned up and headed to Studios right after the race. Even before lending a helping hand to Hondo, we walked around a bit with this pair.

A8284E43-76FD-44BA-BA41-6A2802081908.jpeg

After Smugglers Run, we met up with our daughter who had done Rise of the Resistance since she got into park earlier than us. The girls then headed to Towerof Terror while I wandered Batuu (and hung out with Vi). Also wanted to share this picture.
33A38BFC-D48A-4991-8BC2-1F7FBA7D5484.jpeg

Because… Loth-cat curled up with a stuffed Porg. That’s why.

We met back up just in time for our Oga’s seating at 10am.
0BCF4C21-336B-4922-8F3B-FC31A89167BF.jpeg

Just one medal decided to hang out with our Jedi Mind Trick, Hyperdrive (punch it), and Bespin Fizz. And just one drink on this visit. We considered just heading back to room, but Baseline Taphouse had some seats inside the AC so we forced ourselves.

AF1BFA44-5930-4CCC-8620-984C6DAE14EA.jpeg

But then it was recovery time. It was still before noon. And we rested well. @MeffysMom met up with a friend around 3pm and I grabbed some chips (fries) from Yorkshire Fish and Chips shop to hold us over until dinner.

Sadly, no dinner pics, but… wow, Via Napoli is now very high on my list. Loved it. As I mentioned, our plan was Fantasmic, but we were tired and have another 2:30am wake up tomorrow so we headed back to the Boardwalk.
F613ADB8-1B51-4736-8D5A-498E061C62A8.jpeg

And I’ve got a sneaking suspicion we might all be asleep before Fantasmic even starts at 8pm!! Good night, all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom