A celebrity offered $100,000 + to stay in the castle suite.....

radiohost

Original Poster
and Disney said no......

Yesterday morning I was listening to Glenn Beck's radio show, and for the final hour and a half all he talked about was Walt Disney World! Last week he was at wdw with his family where he was a key note speaker for the childrens miracle network convention that was being help at wdw...

Glenn was mentioning how he and his wife were given a vip tour of the "tunnel system" at the Magic Kingdom and the tour guide proceeded to take them up to castle suite. There the tour guide mentioned how in order to stay in the castle a luck guest or family is randomly picked to win a stay in the suite....

She then proceeded to tell them that a celebrity offered to pay $100,000 plus; for a one night stay in the castle......and Disney said no thank you.

A rock musician also offered disney a deal where he would perform at the mk for free in return a stay in the castle for his family....and disney said no

Radiohost:cool:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
and Disney said no......

Yesterday morning I was listening to Glenn Beck's radio show, and for the final hour and a half all he talked about was Walt Disney World! Last week he was at wdw with his family where he was a key note speaker for the childrens miracle network convention that was being help at wdw...

Glenn was mentioning how he and his wife were given a vip tour of the "tunnel system" at the Magic Kingdom and the tour guide proceeded to take them up to castle suite. There the tour guide mentioned how in order to stay in the castle a luck guest or family is randomly picked to win a stay in the suite....

She then proceeded to tell them that a celebrity offered to pay $100,000 plus; for a one night stay in the castle......and Disney said no thank you.

A rock musician also offered disney a deal where he would perform at the mk for free in return a stay in the castle for his family....and disney said no

This is good news. I just hope that, after the YoaMD is over, their integrity holds up as strongly.

I'd rather see the suite be used for Make A Wish or Give Kids The World than to be used by celebrities.

darthjohnny

Wow. It's something that Disney is really sticking to their guns with this.

I wonder who the celebrity was. John Stamos perhaps? He's a big Disney Theme Park fan. :shrug:

Kashyyyk

Thank goodness the Castle Suite can't be bought.

There would easily be at least 365 people wealthy enough to have the castle suite booked up each day of the year. If Disney started saying yes what would be left for us little people.

It is nice to know that this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is equally possible for everyone, regardless of class, connection or wealth.

Funnily enough, just a couple days before they opened it up (January 07), I witnessed a man arguing with a Disney Cast member that he would be willing to pay whatever it took for his family to stay. He wanted to know who he could talk to. The CM kept telling him it can't be booked. The only way was through random chance as part of YOAMD. He simply wouldn't accept that he couldn't buy the opportunity. I thought it was funny...it was like he had never been told no before. I don't think he realized how ridiculous he sounded. He went on and on.

Kamikaze

It is nice to know that this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is equally possible for everyone, regardless of class, connection or wealth.

Actually, thats not true. Take a celebrity that would be hounded by 'normal' people in the parks. They have no chance to win it normally since they would have to be brought around by a guard and thus wouldn't win the Dream.

Also, (if this story is true, and I doubt it is) I can only wonder what you all would say if Disney had given the celebrity the night for the $100,000 but then turned around and given the $100,000 to charity.

There are always complaints about cost, and upkeep and this and that is wrong at the parks. Then you complain that Disney would take large amounts of cash for a small thing? You can't have it both ways. Anyone that says "good for Disney" has no right to ever complain about cost of anything at WDW ever again. The $98,000+ profit that they would turn from that transaction would go along way towards 'peeling paint' and the other things that get whined about.

radiohost

Original Poster
Last year during my college program I was told the following by a dream squad member.....

"Only guests from North America and The UK can win a stay at the castle suite...."

I asked about guests from countrys in Latin America or the Middle East...she said..."NOPE"

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Actually, thats not true. Take a celebrity that would be hounded by 'normal' people in the parks. They have no chance to win it normally since they would have to be brought around by a guard and thus wouldn't win the Dream.

Also, (if this story is true, and I doubt it is) I can only wonder what you all would say if Disney had given the celebrity the night for the $100,000 but then turned around and given the $100,000 to charity.

There are always complaints about cost, and upkeep and this and that is wrong at the parks. Then you complain that Disney would take large amounts of cash for a small thing? You can't have it both ways. Anyone that says "good for Disney" has no right to ever complain about cost of anything at WDW ever again. The $98,000+ profit that they would turn from that transaction would go along way towards 'peeling paint' and the other things that get whined about.

I really don't understand your point.

First you say give the money to charity, then you say use the money for "cost"( of doing business)/"upkeep"/"peeling paint"(maintenance). :shrug:

Last year during my college program I was told the following by a dream squad member.....

"Only guests from North America and The UK can win a stay at the castle suite...."

I asked about guests from countrys in Latin America or the Middle East...she said..."NOPE"

Maybe it's a National Security issue.
whistle.gif

bluefaery

This is good news. I just hope that, after the YoaMD is over, their integrity holds up as strongly.

I'd rather see the suite be used for Make A Wish or Give Kids The World than to be used by celebrities.

When I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour last month, our tour guide (Michael) told the group that after YOMD is over families from MAW and GKTW will be able to stay in the castle. A family will be able to stay in it for 1 night during their stay.

This may be true or not, but this same rumor is making its way across the office. I work for MAW in Austin, Texas.

WDWRLD

Yes but when it first opened the news media groups were allowed to stay the night in the park for a fee. I heard more than one news report that stated this.

Enderikari

Yes but when it first opened the news media groups were allowed to stay the night in the park for a fee. I heard more than one news report that stated this.

One guy was selected as an AP writer to stay in the suite, but Disney could not give him a free night stay without it looking like a media buy-off, so it was required that Disney charge him for the night...

Once...

For an AP writer...

brainpile3000

It was Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

Sometimes the suite is used (rarely however) as an enticement for people or companies to work with Disney. It was explained to me in this fashion: If they ever wanted to make an Enchanted 2, they might give Amy Adams a night in the castle to help get her on board with the project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom