A breed of its own

Laura

Premium Member
My husband is slowly converting. A few more trips and he'll start to feel that "obsession".

I wonder if Disney puts drugs in the food that make us "crave" to go back. I've found that the more times I've been, the more I've had a strong desire to return. Now after about 20 trips or so I'm thinking about it almost nonstop all day long LOL.

wannabeBelle

Hello My Name is Belle and I am a Disney-aholic!!! I agree the obsession is rare and I think only occurs in people wth a special spark of Magic in their hearts. I think Walt had that magic in abundance and we hear the same call he did when he dreamed up the idea of the parks, resorts, etc. I think it is a place we go to connect with our inner child, to be amazed, to be made joyful and to not worry about reality for a while ( And my boss wonders why I keep going back?? DUH!) As this board has shown us we are not alone and we are in great company when we are together!!! Belle

abu21

I too am a Disney-aholic. And, I wouldn't have it any other way! When I met my fiance she "liked disney" but was not a freak, like us. After one trip to WDW, she was hooked.

phlydude

The only thing that Disney does to make us come back is make us feel welcomed!

How many other vacations can you say that you have been on where a local didn't look at you funny because you were a "tourist" or where they tried to take you for a ride when attempting to buy something?

When at Disney, everyone is welcomed and Disney doesn't do anything to alienate their guests. You are almost always greeted with a smile and a hello.

Also, when you go to Disney World, you tend to forget about everything else not so perfect in the rest of your life. Anything that may have been bothering you left seems to "magically" be forgotten. Just happy smiles all around and families getting along without fighting and bickering!

There is something about Disney and to quote Mike Scopa of Mouseplanet, "the Disney Zone". We are those who have been granted access to the Disney Zone. To gain access, all that we had to let happen is leave our worries behind and have the happiest most enjoyable time while on vacation. Because of that, no other vacation will ever feel as good as a vacation spent with Disney.

bhg469

Im 25 and im a bonafied disney world addict, not a huge fan of the movies or any characters but when my ex too kme there a few years back i was addicted. I actually have considered putting aside buying a new car so i could go on 1 extra trip

Laura

Premium Member
The only thing that Disney does to make us come back is make us feel welcomed!

Wow you really nailed that!!!

I was at Carowinds on Saturday, and although it has some fun rides, it sure wasn't even close to Disney standards. I couldn't figure out exactly what was missing, but you said it. It was the hospitality!!

Disney even wants you to feel happy when you're waiting in line. They put so much detail into the queues it's crazy! Which is a huge contrast to Carowinds, who just packed the guests in like sardines with no overhead shade, nothing but overflowing garbage cans to look at, and very few fans. In one line I had to walk sideways throughout the whole thing because there just wasn't room to move (and I'm an average sized woman). There was no consideration for the guests at all.

I noticed the guests in the park were carrying around a lot of Shrek things so we asked an employee where we could buy Shrek stuff and she said "we don't sell Shrek things here". I walked 25 feet and there was a big place selling Shrek stuff so I bought a stuffed donkey. Obviously they didn't educate their employees either! Geesh. No hospitality at all. I didn't get a single warm and fuzzy the whole day!

abu21

Originally posted by Laura22

I couldn't figure out exactly what was missing, but you said it. It was the hospitality!!

Yep, everything "walks the talk". And you can't forget the theming!

phlydude

My wife likes Disney and goes to Disney vacations but has "expressed" concern that she doesn't want to make every vacation that we take a Disney vacation. I told her that we won't, we'll still take vacations to Boston to see her parents! That didn't go over well. She made me promise that after the Aug and Dec trips, the next vacation is a cruise, preferably to Aruba and the Southern Caribbean.

DARN!! I wish Disney Cruise Lines went to the Southern Caribbean!!!

barnum42

Originally posted by speck76
Why can't some of you disney ladies be about 6-9 years older?

:cry:
I guess that should be 16-19 years older for me as I've got nine years on you.

As far as UK culture goes I'm sadly lacking in the stereotypical British Male values – I like Disney and theatre, do not worship at the alter of football and my idea of a good night out does not include drinking a dozen pints, vomiting, eating spicy food, getting into a fight and copulating with an equally inebriated female.

speck76

Originally posted by barnum42
As far as UK culture goes I'm sadly lacking in the stereotypical British Male values – I like Disney and theatre, do not worship at the alter of football and my idea of a good night out does not include drinking a dozen pints, vomiting, eating spicy food, getting into a fight and copulating with an equally inebriated female.

Geez Barnum...what the heck is wrong with you! :lol:

Whereas you may not be the typical Brit, I am not the typical American....although I do like sports, I don't live or die by them...I do like to drink...a lot...but I have never seen the purpose of getting drunk all of the time. I could do without the vomiting and fighting, and I am past the meaningless copluation (although I would prefer that to vomiting and fighting):D

I would much prefer a nice night in the parks to most of that stuff.

texanspivey

I think the reason I was bitten by the bug was all thanks to my father. My parents are divorced so we did the every other weekend thing. We never really went anywhere spectacular, and Disney World was just something I had heard about, but never thought I would go. Imagine my surprise when he told me and my bro that he was taking us that summer. When we got there it was the time of my life. We were just running around like a bunch of heathens and gawking at everything, (including the girls)... anyway, I'll always remember that special time in my life, and how Disney gave me the best memory and vacation me and my dad have ever had. Now I am hooked and I visit these boards and read the books and everything. No one knows about my obsession though. Being 18 and loving Disney wouldn't really fly with my friends, just because they dont have the memories that I have, but there are others like me to share the obsession with....:lol: :lol:

dzne4eva

The other day I was listening to my iPod at work and everyone turned around to stare when the express monorail track came on. I'm "Disney Girl" and damn proud of it. My main wish is to move to FL and a find a diehard English Disney fan. Or a man who is an Anglophile. Mmm, 6 months in England and 6 in Orlando.
:D

barnum42

Originally posted by dzne4eva
My main wish is to move to FL and a find a diehard English Disney fan. Or a man who is an Anglophile. Mmm, 6 months in England and 6 in Orlando.
:D
Check out my location :animwink:

Since1976

Are guys who are more obsessed than their girlfriends/wives are rarer breed?

Unlike my wife, who WDW visited for the first time in her mid-20s, I had been several times since I was 2! So, the parks hold a much greater sense of warmth and nostalgia for me.

My wife doesn't get it...yet. We just had a baby daughter 2 weeks ago, and you can bet your life she will be going to Disney many times! So, my wife is going to have to get with the program!

:p

barnum42

Originally posted by dzne4eva
That's a darn good location :wave:
Well, it's not the prettiest corner of England, but it suits my budget. Any particular reason you are after an Englishman?

Say, I see your location is "MA", are you the Disney girl my Bostonian area Sister was going to try and fix me up with on one of my trips over? (My step niece informed me that secretively my sister was going to fix me up with a Disney girl to see if I was gay or not. The date never materialised and I am still not gay)

chucknstuff

I live in Jersey (exit 6 off the turnpuke). I think us northern folk who can't ge to WDW as frequent as we want to, should start our own little support group and meet once and a while. Like maybe have a disney picnic at Liberty State Park or something. What do you all think. I have also thought about maybe getting a bunch of us to go down to WDW and take it over by us northerners.. We are going August 4 - 11, 2005. We are going on a Disney Cruise (Wonder).

speck76

Originally posted by Since1976
Are guys who are more obsessed than their girlfriends/wives a

I think a lot of guys are just afraid to abmit it. The whole macho thing gets in the way.

I don't really ever talk about it, but I am very introverted.

Piebald

Originally posted by DDuckFan130
:zipit: Shh don't tell anyone, but for some reason, older men attract me :lol:. In fact, when I mentioned baseball players I thought of the FL Marlins (yes I'm a fan :sohappy: ) and the ones I like are about 8-9 years older :rolleyes: .

Jeff Conine lives in my neighborhood, I hope you don't like him :lol:

Yeah, I wish my girlfriend was into Disney. She's only been there once when she was like 4 and thinks it's for little kids. Good thing I convinced her to take a trip there this summer instead of IOA. I told her Disney is more romantic and it'd be fun to spend the day there. Plus, they have nighttime entertainment that IOA doesn't. Maybe she'll become obsessed!

Jenngusto

I must confess that I love most things Disney, especially WDW! When I share my love of Disney with others, they tend to think me freakish and fail to understand my passion and desire to go again and again and again and again. . . you get the picture. :p
So, when I found this site with these forums not so long ago, I was so happy. To hear us share our love of WDW and Disney himself, makes me agree with the person who discussed the idea that those of us who love Disney have been lucky enough to be pixie-dusted while others have not. It is my hope to spread the pixie dust to those around me without getting my bootie kicked. If only I did not feel the need to keep my WDW habit in the closet. . . I am becoming more forthright with my appreciation of WDW. Thank you all!:sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom