A breed of its own

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by Piebald
Jeff Conine lives in my neighborhood, I hope you don't like him :lol:

Yeah, I wish my girlfriend was into Disney. She's only been there once when she was like 4 and thinks it's for little kids. Good thing I convinced her to take a trip there this summer instead of IOA. I told her Disney is more romantic and it'd be fun to spend the day there. Plus, they have nighttime entertainment that IOA doesn't. Maybe she'll become obsessed!

:eek: :eek: He lives in your neighborhood?? Of course I love Conine, how can I not love Mr. Marlin? He's so awesome and adorable :lol:.

God I hate when people say "it's for little kids." Whenever my friend says it I feel like smacking her. Good luck with the conversion :lol:

Piebald

Originally posted by DDuckFan130
:eek: :eek: He lives in your neighborhood?? Of course I love Conine, how can I not love Mr. Marlin? He's so awesome and adorable :lol:.

God I hate when people say "it's for little kids." Whenever my friend says it I feel like smacking her. Good luck with the conversion :lol:

lol, Yeah he lives in my neighborhood. I see you live in Miami, I'm in Weston. I know the people at his son's school complain because when he picks him up he always tends to spit everywhere :lol:.

Yeah hopefully me and my girlfriend will go to MK for one day sometime this month or next month (prefferably when it doesn't rain as much). She has no knowledge when it comes to Disney. She said we should go at like 1PM (we'd get there at 4ish) and I said "Are you crazy!? We can't go there midday if we're only going for one day!" I took a one day trip with one of my friends last year and it was awesome. I hope this one will top it.

DDuckFan130

lol, Yeah he lives in my neighborhood. I see you live in Miami, I'm in Weston. I know the people at his son's school complain because when he picks him up he always tends to spit everywhere :lol:.

Yeah hopefully me and my girlfriend will go to MK for one day sometime this month or next month (prefferably when it doesn't rain as much). She has no knowledge when it comes to Disney. She said we should go at like 1PM (we'd get there at 4ish) and I said "Are you crazy!? We can't go there midday if we're only going for one day!" I took a one day trip with one of my friends last year and it was awesome. I hope this one will top it.

:lol: had to be a baseball player to spit. Yep I'm in Miami, I'm probably about an hour away from you I'm in the Kendall area.

Piebald

Originally posted by DDuckFan130
:lol: had to be a baseball player to spit. Yep I'm in Miami, I'm probably about an hour away from you I'm in the Kendall area.

I just checked your profile. I just graduated and I'm starting FIU in January! craziness.....

DDuckFan130

I just checked your profile. I just graduated and I'm starting FIU in January! craziness.....

Ooh a future Golden Panther :D. I'm finishing up my second year and I should be done in a couple more years. Why January and do you know what you'll be majoring in?

dzne4eva

Any particular reason you are after an Englishman?

Hehe, I'm not the secret date. I live in Newburyport which is near the NH border. Pretty little seaside city. I have been in love with the English since I was 3 and heard the Beatles speak. Did my college internship in London at CNN International, go at least once a year (3 times last year), and visit many British sites everyday. To find a man who loves my great loves and maybe even me would be a miracle :rolleyes:

TownSquareSteve

A WDW Cast Member weighs in!!!

Hey all!!! I figured it was time for a cast member to weigh in on this thread!!! You all talk about how you love Disney and it makes me feel real great when you talk so highly of the hospitality we offer. It is truly like nowhere else on this planet. When I first started working for Disney, I will be the first to admit I was not a huge Disney fan (probably had to do with that macho ego thing some of you have been talking about). After I was down there for a few weeks I finally realized how amazing this place really is. When you are first hired to work in MK you go through a class that shows you the ins and outs of MK. One thing that to this day still amazes me is they take you to the park enterence right before opening and just tell you to watch. As the park opens up and the guests pour in, you actually see adults becoming kids again, running to their favorite ride (sometimes leaving their kids or significant other). It truly never gets old. Although I don't work in the parks anymore (I'm a rep out in Colorado for CU-Denver) I still love telling the stories of my wild Disney days. I graduate next semester and will be moving back to Orlando in Jan to start my career with Disney. I love Disney as much as you and I really hope to be one of the cast members you run into that make your vacation so special and someday be one of the people that you can say "he would make Walt very proud." So the answer is no you are not alone in your love for Disney, as this thread as well as website proves daily. And someday you will meet your prince charming (i know, many girls say I fit the mold perfectly :cool: :D :lol: :goodnevil ) . There Are many guys out there who love Disney, sometimes they just need a good girl to show them how much!!! Good luck on your search, and know that if you are ever in CO (at least until Jan) you are always welcome at mi casa, and if not before Jan then look for me at WDW. Remember, if you ever go to any Disney park and have a good experience, go to guest relations and tell them about it, you don't know how nice it is to hear that you made a guests/family's day. Thanks all!!!

~Steve~

barnum42

Re: A WDW Cast Member weighs in!!!

Originally posted by TownSquareSteve
Remember, if you ever go to any Disney park and have a good experience, go to guest relations and tell them about it, you don't know how nice it is to hear that you made a guests/family's day. Thanks all!!!
On my trip in April/May I made a list of CMs of the day which featured in my trip report on these boards. I also emailed that list to Disney with a request I be informed when the cast members had be told how much I aprreciated their hard work. As yet I have not had that confirmation. I chased again yesterday, one month after my last email.

barnum42

Originally posted by dzne4eva
Any particular reason you are after an Englishman?

Hehe, I'm not the secret date. I live in Newburyport which is near the NH border. Pretty little seaside city. I have been in love with the English since I was 3 and heard the Beatles speak. Did my college internship in London at CNN International, go at least once a year (3 times last year), and visit many British sites everyday. To find a man who loves my great loves and maybe even me would be a miracle :rolleyes:
Rather than bore everyone comparing chunks of England, I have sent you a PM.

metman

i too am from england i think i looked at barnum 42 and where he was i belive bristol. this is my location 2. i am a 1005 paid up disney fan so much 2 years ago i bought a house in frorida about 10 mins from disney and if i can not turn my partner into a 1005 disney nut then i will traid her in and offer myself on this site to any ladies who might want an english man who wants to live in florida with me any takers just joking i love her dearly but she is not so in love with disney as me.:lol:

wannabeBelle

Hey Steve, Thanks for the encouragement for all the Disney loving princesses such as myself!! Most people so think Disney is only for little kids, how wrong they are!!! Thanks for being a part of the Magic for us!! Good luck on the career with Disney thing. Dont forget us when you are moving up the corporate ladder over there!! Belle

barnum42

Originally posted by metman
i too am from england i think i looked at barnum 42 and where he was i belive bristol. this is my location 2. i am a 1005 paid up disney fan so much 2 years ago i bought a house in frorida about 10 mins from disney and if i can not turn my partner into a 1005 disney nut then i will traid her in and offer myself on this site to any ladies who might want an english man who wants to live in florida with me any takers just joking i love her dearly but she is not so in love with disney as me.:lol:
Alway good to see another Briton on here. Helpful tip for you - text speak is not too popular on here (texting is not the big craze in the USA as it is here). Full words and capitalisation is appreciated as it makes reading a lot easier on the eyes.

Do I gather that you are also in Bristol? If so, which part (and don't say "all of me") :lol:

metman

i live in keynsham on the road to bath. about 5 miles out of the center of bristol. we also have a house in davenport in florida and next thursday we are going to be in it for 7 days. i can not wait.

i think you are from hengrove or knowl when i last looked at your web site i belive. if you want to go over any time i can help you with accomadation if you are interested here is my house over there www.945durango.com

all the best metman:sohappy:

barnum42

Originally posted by metman
i live in keynsham on the road to bath. about 5 miles out of the center of bristol. we also have a house in davenport in florida and next thursday we are going to be in it for 7 days. i can not wait.

i think you are from hengrove or knowl when i last looked at your web site i belive. if you want to go over any time i can help you with accomadation if you are interested here is my house over there www.945durango.com

all the best metman:sohappy:
Ahh the A4 - traversed that many a time when I lived in Bath and headed to Bristol. I did not know I had a website detailing where I live! It's out of date if I do :lol: I live in St George just down the hill from Kingswood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom