$995 for 1 night at the Polynesian

jw24

After seeing all the posts, it makes me wonder about the Grand Floridian because that's even more expensive than Poly! If you really want to stay a deluxe resort and not spend too much, AKL is the cheapest one out of all the deluxe resorts from what I've seen. (Excludes villas, btw.) Still expensive? Yes but probably not as crowded and noisy as the value resorts, I would think. If finances were not a problem, I'd go to AKL every time simply because they probably have the best WDW hotel food, great lobby, a breathtaking pool from what I've seen. Otherwise, I'll stick with Pop or AOA because I've had it with the All-Stars and the moderates have an extremely large layout and the food, well, I heard not so good things about it.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Seriously. I think they're seven thousand to ten thousand a night.

Look up the other signature suites, Fantasy, Big Thunder and Pirates of the Caribbean. Amazing.

Wow i just took a peak. Good lord, i was all proud of myself for saving up for a contemporary stay with an mk view. Hahaha..
Man to have real money! I think that big thunder would be my first stay followed by pirates!
Plus being able to see Disneyland again and being able to experience for the first time with my family?? Yeah i better start saving now if i am going to get one of those suites.

Californian Elitist

Wow i just took a peak. Good lord, i was all proud of myself for saving up for a contemporary stay with an mk view. Hahaha..
Man to have real money! I think that big thunder would be my first stay followed by pirates!
Plus being able to see Disneyland again and being able to experience for the first time with my family?? Yeah i better start saving now if i am going to get one of those suites.

I'd never visit the parks with a room like any of those.

Good luck with the saving!

sgtmgd

True .. ever since I was a kid a watned to stay at Contemp.. Had some friends going so we went on a stayed at POP.. cked in .. lost our luggage ...room seemed like they just let off two lysol bombs (we had to actully prop the door open to breathe) and to top it off my young daughter found two "pills" on the floor in the room. We left and went to Contemp - never looked back ... was it expensive ? Yes but well worth it to me ... fireworks everynight, train whistle to wake me up in the morning and the beds and sheets .. nice .. but again to each his own..

It's interesting as most the pundits here that argue against staying at a Deluxe..or in some cases Mods have the same rallying cry "I wont pay pay that much for a room I only sleep in or shower a couple hours a day"
The quality of a standard room at the Boardwalk dwarfs that of Art of Animation, All Stars, Pop and the rest..lets face it...I stayed at POFQ last september..King Bed room/water view..these rooms are all on the end of the wings..the ambiant noise level is much much higher...people running up and down the hallways...Pool Noise..the room was nice but not nearly as clean particulary the bathroom..the King Matress was very hard..its a very nice resort all things considered..but even a room over the Boardwalk/Waterview was "quite" compared to POFQ...the Beds are soooo much more comfortable..bathrooms are much nicer..dont have folks running the hallways at all hours..lol Im no spring chicken any more..at 43 I like my sleep ..I dont need alot of it..but what I do need I want comfort and the peace to go along with it..the ambiance/amenites are also night and day different..

Omi19

Regarding AKL, Sunrise Safari is offered two days a week and is available only to guests staying Kilimanjaro Club level, which bumps up the room rate significantly.

PolynesianPrincess

The Poly definitely is expensive, no doubt. But that's the great thing about Disney.. They have price ranges to appeal to ALL walks of life.

We are staying at the Poly for 1 night before our cruise in September. The Poly is my dream resort to stay in. I just love it there. My mother wants to stay there, too. So we're getting our one night there, only my mom thinks we're staying at WL. We're not telling her we're actually staying at the Poly until we are on DME. We got a lagoon view room with a dicount and we're paying $442. Is it expensive? Sure. But we have the extra money to spend this trip. So we splurged and decided to do one night. After the cruise we are renting points at Bay Lake Tower. For less than what it would cost for a standard view studio room for 1 night if you booked through Disney, we are staying for 3 nights.

I feel that Disney jacks up the prices so they can offer discounts. Only the discounts aren't really saving you anything, as that discounted rate should be the price the room goes for normally. I compare it to a store in the mall where I like to buy jeans. They are normally $25.99 for a pair of jeans. During the holiday season, they increase the price on jeans to $49.99 and then sell them for half off. Basically, you're paying the same price for the jeans at the holidays as you would in mid-summer. There is no savings. They just make you think you're getting a really great deal because you're getting them half off. It's the same general ideal as with the Disney resorts.

Disneyhead'71

Ever since I stayed at the Grande Lakes Resort, I wil never, Never, NEVER pay Disney's insane prices again. People, there is a reason why Mobile Travel had The Deluxes rated at 3 Stars. The thought of paying a thousand $$$$/night for a 3 Star hotel borders on mental illness. Especially since you can get The Ritz Carlton for less that $250/night, and The JW Marriott for as low as $169. Or even lower through Priceline.

PolynesianPrincess

Ever since I stayed at the Grande Lakes Resort, I wil never, Never, NEVER pay Disney's insane prices again. People, there is a reason why Mobile Travel had The Deluxes rated at 3 Stars. The thought of paying a thousand $$$$/night for a 3 Star hotel borders on mental illness. Especially since you can get The Ritz Carlton for less that $250/night, and The JW Marriott for as low as $169. Or even lower through Priceline.

For some people though, that's pocket change. And all the power to them to pay those high prices. But those hotels are all off Disney property. You'd have to rent a car, pay for parking at the parks, gas, etc.. to get to the parks. Plus the time commuting. When staying on property, you don't have to worry about that. So I do see the upside of staying on property.

After our last stay at All Star Sports, we will not stay there again. Too many loud groups. The difference between the All Stars and our favorite, WL is night and day. We NEVER had a wait for a bus at WL, even after the parks closed. With All Stars, we had to wait at least 1 or 2 buses before we got on one. The boat ride from MK to WL was short and sweet and we were back to our resort in no time. Sometimes it's not all about amenities. It's about the convenience to the parks. Obviously the Poly takes less time to get to and from the hotel to MK or Epcot than POFQ of Pop. And at the end of a long day, sometimes the extra money is worth it to be back in bed quicker, IMO.

hull327

There's a price for convenience. Not having to drive to the different parks, pay for parking, find a parking spot, fight the lot crowd on the way out, etc. is worth it to me.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
A few thoughts:
1.there are more than a few amenities to staying on site, most have been pointed out.
2. You're absolutely right
3. I don't think anyone around here has a real good "I'm sane" argument - we spend half our day obsessing about theme parks for Pete's sake.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There's a price for convenience. Not having to drive to the different parks, pay for parking, find a parking spot, fight the lot crowd on the way out, etc. is worth it to me.

For a $500 difference... you can stay off-site and pay me the $500 you're willing to throw away to me, and I'll be your personal driver.

rob0519

I will never understand why anyone would pay that much to stay at any Disney hotel!

For the same reason people pay millions of dollars for a house or several hundred thousand dollars for a car......because they want to and can afford it. If I could afford it, I would make sure it's a Park View Room.

rob0519

Holy good god - those are some serious room layouts.

Sorry, but I have a problem with the bathtub being less than 10 feet from the bed. Showers and tubs, in my opinion, belong in different rooms from the bed. In Las Vegas, some hotels put the tub / whirlpool in the same room as the bed. I won't be staying in those rooms either

flynnibus

Premium Member
Your car? Promise me you'll have at least 13 pine tree air fresheners hanging from the rearview?

I'm smarter than that.. I'd take your $500.. rent a car for $60/day.. and pay some kid $100 to do the work... then I'd sit at home counting my leftover benjis...

The difference between the smart rich... and the overpaid :)

luv

For the same reason people pay millions of dollars for a house or several hundred thousand dollars for a car......because they want to and can afford it. If I could afford it, I would make sure it's a Park View Room.
If one can afford the best, they may be accustomed to staying in better hotels than Disney offers. Where hotels are concerned, Disney is the most expensive...but not the best.

rob0519

If one can afford the best, they may be accustomed to staying in better hotels than Disney offers. Where hotels are concerned, Disney is the most expensive...but not the best.

I agree...I didn't say anything about the "best". Disney may be near the top of expensive, but certainly not near the top of "best". Wanting and being able to afford what you want doesn't always mean it has to be the best quality or the best value.

Just try telling a 6 year old that staying at a Four Seasons is a better value than waking up and looking at the Magic Kingdom each morning. People pay outrageous prices for their own personal reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom