$995 for 1 night at the Polynesian

tikiman

$1200 for a night at the Poly is insane. Even if you get some free Diet Coke and a view.

IMO, anyway.

But if people are paying it, then I guess they think it is worth it.

The problem is that Disney keeps raising the price and people still line up to pay it.

luv

Some guests already pay that for suites and much more.
It isn't the amount of money, per se, it's the amount for what they're getting. It's just crazy.

It's paying too much that makes me shake my head. If I heard that someone spent $50 for a pack of gum, I'd say, "But that's too much for gum!" If I found out that it was Disney gum, which I knew from experience was inferior to Wrigley's and other brands of gum. I'd say, "Insane. You can get better gum for a lot less."

If people said, "But it wouldn't be DISNEY gum! I want DISNEY gum! I don't care if it is the best as long as it is Disney!"...I should shut up. You should shut up. We should all just shut our traps. The people were informed. They know they could do better - they don't want to do better. They made their choice. They're happy. Disney is happy.

I should shut up about them giving Disney money for nothing and move on to "How did you enjoy your stay?" :)

The $50 on gum is no less crazy than $12,000 for a room. It's cheaper! But equally nuts. Again, though, as long as people know they don't need to pay it and at they could do better for less money...it's their money and they should be left lone to spend it as they please. :)

freediverdude

I actually think a lot of it is foreign visitors who don't know how much they are paying, and yes the "once-in-a-lifetime" visitor. And Disney counts on these people paying whatever the price is, no matter how high. There really aren't any discounts that I know of for the 12/20-12/31 time period (usually no AAA, no passholder, no Florida resident discounts), so most of those people are paying that unbelievable rack rate during that time.

I do think it would be amusing to see Disney double the prices and keep raising, to see how high they could get before even the swarm of elite corporate types and foreigners would say no.

Marz

Hello all,
Just a thought, but as economy rebounds from fall 2008,could the big dis marketing brains be (1) increasing prices to offset consumer savy to discounts. Disney discounts used to be a rare, if ever, prize before then; (2) increasing prices say 20-30% while continuing to offer 20-30% discounts so people think they are still getting a discount while Disney makes up lost time and profit since 2008; (3) the dramatic price increases sadly coincides with the john carter/lone ranger movie debacle and darn they gotta pay off george Lucas and the gang still so price increases for all !!
Just two cents of nonsense!!!! Best to all, Marz

aristo_cat

I just finished booking AKL for Thanksgiving. As a FL Resident my rate was still pretty steep, but I'm splitting the costs. If you want to experience a premium WDW property, I'd gather a group up. That's gotta be the only way unless you are , you know, Cash McDollar Pants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom