News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

I doubt there is anyone who will find saving a sliver of RoA or having the new Cars Mini-Land being awash in water features to be satisfactory. The sliver and water features will be mercilessly derided and mocked.

There's no bargain to be had that leaves devotees of RoA content.
Not true, they could have left the small TSI there. The LB could still go around, albeit in a much smaller path, and TSI could still exist.

Figments Friend

A friendly reminder of how even the most spectacular projects often end up -

IMG_4358.jpeg

Bocabear

That is the truth...there are so many changes that can happen once they begin the actual dirt-moving and demolition...I think, like the demo of Communicore, they are probably going to find it more expensive than planned and we will star seeing parts of the plan disappear...maybe more so in Villain's Land as that art was vague to begin with.

Disstevefan1

So what you are saying is you are looking forward to this??? 😂 Honestly you sound like you have an axe to grind with this company. Like a big Paul Bunyan kind of Axe.

Also when was the last time you were at WDW?
I am a huge Disney and WDW fan. I actually do not want to know how much I have spent on all things Disney in my life.

I really love the Pandora land in AK although it took way too long to build. Yes, they jammed in an IP, but I still like it.

The EPCOT renovation of Future world was a HUGE disappointment and took way too long.

Harmonious was a disappointment and a huge waste of money. I really miss illuminations. I wish they simply updated the tech, maybe tweaked the show and threw in some IP and created an updated illuminations.

The Star cruiser was out of my price range and I am disappointed they pulled the plug so soon. It seems TWDC can lose truckloads of money in their movie business and streaming business but they run their theme park business with really tight budgets compared to their other businesses.

Mostly due to the HUGE disappointment about the Future world renovation I am really worried about this Cars area as I expect this to take WAY TOO LONG and will be cost cut to death. I am happy to be wrong, we will see in 6 to 8 years from now.

I am also disappointed that in WDW which has the blessing of size still wants to "destroy and replace" instead of actually expanding and I will miss ROA TSI and the riverboat, but yes I am a weirdo who always watched the film at the end of Maelstrom. I do enjoy the Frozen ride that replaced it; love the queue, and do enjoy the ride even though I understand it should not be there and they just jammed in an IP.

I will also miss Muppets 3D when they destroy that.

We were at EPCOT in Feb. and AK in June and spent way too much money both times. 🤣 My family stayed at WDW resorts at least three times this year and have a couple of stayed scheduled this year while I stay home to make the money to give to the mouse. 🤣

Axe to grind? You bet.

I think the things TWDC does to my beloved WDW gets to me because I am too much of a WDW fan...

Bocabear

I am a huge Disney and WDW fan. I actually do not want to know how much I have spent on all things Disney in my life.

I really love the Pandora land in AK although it took way too long to build. Yes, they jammed in an IP, but I still like it.

The EPCOT renovation of Future world was a HUGE disappointment and took way too long.

Harmonious was a disappointment and a huge waste of money. I really miss illuminations. I wish they simply updated the tech, maybe tweaked the show and threw in some IP and created an updated illuminations.

The Star cruiser was out of my price range and I am disappointed they pulled the plug so soon. It seems TWDC can lose truckloads of money in their movie business and streaming business but they run their theme park business with really tight budgets compared to their other businesses.

Mostly due to the HUGE disappointment about the Future world renovation I am really worried about this Cars area as I expect this to take WAY TOO LONG and will be cost cut to death. I am happy to be wrong, we will see in 6 to 8 years from now.

I am also disappointed that in WDW which has the blessing of size still wants to "destroy and replace" instead of actually expanding and I will miss ROA TSI and the riverboat, but yes I am a weirdo who always watched the film at the end of Maelstrom. I do enjoy the Frozen ride that replaced it; love the queue, and do enjoy the ride even though I understand it should not be there and they just jammed in an IP.

We were at EPCOT in Feb. and AK in June and spent way too much money both times. 🤣 My family stayed at WDW resorts at least three times this year and have a couple of stayed scheduled this year while I stay home to make the money to give to the mouse. 🤣

Axe to grind? You bet.

I think the things TWDC does to my beloved WDW gets to me because I am too much of a WDW fan...
This is how I also feel. I have been a fan since my first visit as a kid in 1971. We are DVC owner, we are Florida residents and have visited the parks a ridiculous amount of times. It just seems like the design and creative management have gone off the rails in the past 5 years.... Like the current management doesn't understand what was built prior to 10 years ago, and don't quite get the style and general feel of the parks... The original design for MK and EPCOT were pretty flawless... It was what was done after that that have watered down the intent. The Communicore disaster and Harmonius were a collosal failure... to me. I am concerned moving forward that this current leadership and team are going to continue this trend of misplaced IP and continue to destroy the very fabric of the parks we loved.

el_super

That’s true of every structure on WDW property.

But especially true for a wooden boat designed to float. Why go to the trouble for a structure that doesn't need to serve the intended purpose? If you wanted a boat shaped souvenir store, why not build one from scratch meant to stay static and last longer, than keep putting effort into keeping a wooden structure intact?

Sure there is. Why make a statement like that which is completely false.

There is no bargain to be had because Disney is the sole arbiter and have already made their decision.

RSoxNo1

But then what would replace the river in Magic Kingdom?

Maybe it shouldn't? That's what Disney is trying to solve for. They want a new theme for Frontierland.

They should consider just changing the name to something else so the fans will be happy.
I mean realistically it's about exploring, expansion and even Manifest Destiny (despite the negative connotations that has). I had previously suggested the broad theme of Riverfront Square to encompass Liberty Square, Tiana's and Frontierland. Without a river that no longer works, but something else that describes our expansion West is appropriate. Perhaps something about exploring new frontiers... Frontierland? Does that work?

RSoxNo1

Axe to grind? You bet.

Point by point:
  • Pandora felt forced at the announcement, but the execution absolutely does not feel jammed in. It belongs in that park.
  • HUGE disappointment on EPCOT is probably an overstatement. I don't think the aesthetics are a slam dunk, but they are most certainly better than what they replaced. The disappointment for me is that they didn't improve the attraction lineup anywhere near as much as they needed to. At the very least the update needed to include major upgrades at The Seas and Imagination pavilions.
  • EPCOT Forever to Harmonious to Luminous was a mistake. Illuminations wasn't broken, it just needed a tech update.
  • I applaud the ambition with the Star Cruiser even if the execution was lacking.
  • Frozen Ever After should have been put in Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom