News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rob562

Not really the same but for elevators you have Cobras Curse in Busch Gardens Tampa which takes 2 cars up at the time which is that rides “train”. And for drop tracks you have hagrid or verbolten in BGW that would share that system.

Yeah, in all my digging through coasters on RCDB Cobra's Curse is the largest coaster train that uses an elevator lift I could find. Everything else is a single wild mouse style car, a single water coaster car, or even smaller like the previously mentioned Scooby Doo kiddie coaster.

-Rob

mitchk

So we still have no idea on where this coaster is going I can’t believe it’s taking this long to get any type of information but as others have said, I don’t think Disney knows exactly where they want to put it, but please leave them Muppets alone. the area is not big enough anyway.

celluloid

Yeah, in all my digging through coasters on RCDB Cobra's Curse is the largest coaster train that uses an elevator lift I could find. Everything else is a single wild mouse style car, a single water coaster car, or even smaller like the previously mentioned Scooby Doo kiddie coaster.

-Rob
Not a train but the largest Elevator lift in height and car size would likely be Cannibal at Lagoon.

I don't think being a train will cause too much trouble or difference to what is done with trains dropping and single car lifts.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Josh made the lift aspect out to be added story integration but unless the cars are lifting individually or it's perceived that way, it won't feel accurate to how the scene is portrayed in the movie. Maybe the cars will face outward for boarding, lift up and then turn toward the track? I'm probably over thinking it but I just don't see the novelty here.

lazyboy97o

Josh made the lift aspect out to be added story integration but unless the cars are lifting individually or it's perceived that way, it won't feel accurate to how the scene is portrayed in the movie. Maybe the cars will face outward for boarding, lift up and then turn toward the track? I'm probably over thinking it but I just don't see the novelty here.
The novelty would be an entire train lifting up overhead of the loading platform in a show space.

Tha Realest

Based on the audience, I don’t think they would go too crazy with it. Maybe something like gringotts with coaster elements and a lot of slower story elements. It is possible they just go all out though on a more thrill coaster (minus inversions) but I kinda doubt it because of the IP
I also feel like a slower pace means they can squeeze a bit more runtime out of a confined environment. Tron takes up a ton of space for a relatively short experienced because of its speeds.

gorillaball

Were you also one of the ones troubled with Flight of Passage because you didn’t have wings or you could see another rider next to you?

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Do we have instances of elevator lifts for entire trains? I guess the drop tracks on Hagrid’s are similar in principle.

I hope this novel element isn’t a source of significant downtime. This should have some impressive AAs that will have reliability issues of their own. Can’t run the ride if the Mike Wazowski that interacts with your train has gone limp. I suspect this concern will cause some characters to just appear on screens placed in doors.
I don't know, Mike is constantly on the verge of total emotional breakdown. Going limp seems pretty on brand for him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom