News Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

lazyboy97o

I don’t think I buy that they would consider demolishing MK’s Space Mountain. Wouldn’t that also mean the Peoplemover tracks would need removed or rebuilt?

(By demolish I mean a Tokyo style redo, not the retrack that DL had…)
A new track layout at the Magic Kingdom would not necessarily require a new building. The tracks aren’t packed in anywhere near as tightly as the other versions of the attraction.

Moth

That is not something being considered.
I wouldn't mind an exterior update while still keeping the overall iconic look and a retrack but I'm... fine with Space Mountain being a relatively not-so-flashy coaster like Tokyo is making theirs? Would rather have it stay that way rather than make it a more advanced coaster, like the one next door to it.

JohnD

I wouldn't mind an exterior update while still keeping the overall iconic look and a retrack but I'm... fine with Space Mountain being a relatively not-so-flashy coaster like Tokyo is making theirs? Would rather have it stay that way rather than make it a more advanced coaster, like the one next door to it.
After the BTMRR refurb, they really need to take SM down for its own refurb. I'm past wanting to ride it anymore. It's too bumpy for my tastes.

splah

I would hope they keep SM single file too. That adds to the fun. Smooth out a couple turns, I’m sure there’s some supports they could remove and free up the clearances some, keep the same layout, and bring back the glow in the dark rocket stripes, maybe some on board audio.

Do you hear that WDI? That’s the extent of your scope. Don’t do anything else to the ride.

Bocabear

I really would love to see some show scenes back at Space Mountain....Wouldn't it be great if the figurs on the lift hill were actually moving and doing something? And they REALLY need to put the speed ramp back with a refreshed and all new show scenes. I loved that tongue-in-cheek 60s futurism that they were using during the Fed Ex years...It would be fun to take the show scenes back to a 60s vision of the home of future living...it would be a perfect fit to follow your rocket ride from Space Station 76 back to earth....

celluloid

I really would love to see some show scenes back at Space Mountain....Wouldn't it be great if the figurs on the lift hill were actually moving and doing something? And they REALLY need to put the speed ramp back with a refreshed and all new show scenes. I loved that tongue-in-cheek 60s futurism that they were using during the Fed Ex years...It would be fun to take the show scenes back to a 60s vision of the home of future living...it would be a perfect fit to follow your rocket ride from Space Station 76 back to earth....
We should have the ability now to have a moving walkaway system akin to Minions at Universal that can ha due the odds weaves they made and with what you describe we could have a great post show and for those that did not ride, would feel like an attraction in itself.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Construction work happening backstage for BTMR refurbishment:
1000018817.jpg

From livestream:

Original news tweet:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom