News Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

TrippedUp

If you zoom in, you can see that there's a BJ's wholesale club refrigerated semi trailer parked there. I wonder what that's all about.
Thats the storage for the halloween party candy. Theres another in the north bypass and a third near tomorrowland terrace. When you rent trailers short term they give you whatever they have handy off-lease.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Artist concept of the retracking...

1730082365381.png

TrippedUp

From what I can see 230 is about max for a tower reach so I expect another at some point.
I'm an engineer, though one with zero insight to how this project will work. However, if this was my project, I'd blow out concrete in the center of the ride for foundation of the tower crane and use this spot as a laydown yard and to stage track for rigging. The central crane could be assembled by a telescoping crane from this location as well. The theming could then be rebuilt fairly quickly after the crane is removed.

JoeCamel

I'm an engineer, though one with zero insight to how this project will work. However, if this was my project, I'd blow out concrete in the center of the ride for foundation of the tower crane and use this spot as a laydown yard and to stage track for rigging. The central crane could be assembled by a telescoping crane from this location as well. The theming could then be rebuilt fairly quickly after the crane is removed.
Maybe there is a base from the original construction there? I don't know

eta: looked around and it does not look like it

dis.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom