News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Timothy_Q

Why do only two rides? These worlds are becoming pathetic
Every new land Disney has ever built as an expansion has had either 1, 2 or 3 rides, this isn't a new thing

New Orleans Sq: 2 rides (opened with 0)
Critter Country: 2 rides (opened with 1)
ToonTown: 2 rides
Sunset Blvd: 2 rides (opened with 1)
New FL: 2 rides + extra dumbo
Cars Land: 3 rides
Pandora: 2 rides
Galaxy's Edge: 2 rides

The only exception is Fantasy Springs and that isn't Disney

WorldExplorer

Update on Fossil Fun Games: They have gotten in a new shipment of tiny triceratops, still completely out of Daryls, completely out of any Mickeys, out of tiny Minnies, out of small cementosauruses, and out of large triceratops.

The crazy thing is they haven't lowered the requirement for getting the big cementosauruses or igaunadons. So at Fossil Fueler, which used to have three prize levels with multiple options per prize level, either you get eight people playing or you win a triceratops. No choice. The triceratops is winnable with 2-7 (you used to graduate to a medium somewhere in there).

I was wondering if they might end up making certain dinosaurs easier to get as they ran low; this seems like a good sign they will not.

At least the little triceratops means it's easy to get a dinosaur of some form.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

Aaaaaaand the games have gotten low on stock enough to go back to the old prizes for smalls.

PXL_20241025_160847844.jpg

If the round is full enough, Disney is getting thirty six dollars for one of those guys they were giving away on holidays last year.

They have demoted the large Cementosaurus to medium at certain games, though.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Not at all - the Tower worked from all angles of the park thematically and tied much of the park together.
You could see it in Cars Land, from the central hub, etc. Part of the problem is that Hollywoodland was and is vastly inferior to the setup of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard at DHS, but Tower of Terror absolutely was a visual intrusion on the skyline of that park.

andre85

You could see it in Cars Land, from the central hub, etc. Part of the problem is that Hollywoodland was and is vastly inferior to the setup of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard at DHS, but Tower of Terror absolutely was a visual intrusion on the skyline of that park.

Cars Land only came 10 years later though. And I don't think the HUB was an issue before or after the redo as it fit well enough within the theme either way imo. But you're right the entirety of Hollywoodland is much weaker than at WDW, for multiple reasons

TrainsOfDisney

I honestly don’t remember seeing the tower, before or after, from cars land. And I’ve been there many times. So it can’t be that big of an issue. And regardless… seeing an Hollywood hotel in the distance fits cars land way better than the guardians tower.

As for the hub…. It was supposed to be visible from the hub. The red car trolley proudly serves the Hyperion theatre and Hollywood tower hotel!

RSoxNo1

I honestly don’t remember seeing the tower, before or after, from cars land. And I’ve been there many times. So it can’t be that big of an issue. And regardless… seeing an Hollywood hotel in the distance fits cars land way better than the guardians tower.

As for the hub…. It was supposed to be visible from the hub. The red car trolley proudly serves the Hyperion theatre and Hollywood tower hotel!
served*

Mr. Sullivan

It would've been more excusable if that version of Tower of Terror wasn't such a massive downgrade experience wise. That's the reason I let Guardians pass despite being ugly: it's actually fun.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
That post-development aerial is incredible.

Agreed! Lots of interesting details. Just some I noted:

• Looks like the covered outdoor walk way for Dinosaurs/Indy may be fully enclosed (temple like entrance like DL?)
  • Someone better at overlays than I could accurately measure out the Encanto show building (appears to be roughly similar in size to eth Indy/Dinosaurs show building)
  • I assume that the blue square next to the Encanto show building is the Casita facade, but it's interesting that it seems to not be directly connected to the Encanto Show building... possibly keeping it separated as a meet-n-greet space? (due to issues with multiple attractions housed in a single show building like they have had with Fop and NRJ?)
  • Given how minimal outdoor queue there is for Encanto, and the fact that it looks like the Lightning Lane enters the building at a different place than the Stand-By, seems there may be a decent amount of indoor (themed?) queue for Encanto (hopefully on at least the level of Ratatouille). Likely that whole triangle shaped wedge at the top of the building is queue/load?

doctornick

Agreed! Lots of interesting details. Just some I noted:

• Looks like the covered outdoor walk way for Dinosaurs/Indy may be fully enclosed (temple like entrance like DL?)

There's still the wide central pathway. Is that not going to be a way to approach the building and you would have to go to the right (when facing the ride) to go to the queue?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom