Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The obesity levels are out of control in our country and with all u can eat several times a day cruising, is a big draw for many.

6A5658BB-94BE-4EE5-B91A-BD1B93725CB1.jpeg

DisneyRoy

It's possible. It also could be Disney trying to get people to book a vacation in early 2025 before people decide to go to EPIC Universe in the summer and Disney loses them all together in 2025.

I track theme park news. I'm curious how much the regular Disney traveler from out of state is aware of EPIC Universe being built. For example, I think my husband only knows about EPIC Universe because I told him.
If you told me 0% outside of theme park aficionados did not know about Epic universe I would not be surprised. My boss at work went to universal this past week. I’m interested to hear if he even knows about it.

hopemax

I track theme park news. I'm curious how much the regular Disney traveler from out of state is aware of EPIC Universe being built. For example, I think my husband only knows about EPIC Universe because I told him.
We went to a restaurant last week, and I was wearing my Universal Studios shirt. A server from another table came over when we were seated to say how excited they were about Epic Universe opening. I was to say the least, surprised.

We are in that coveted "family from Denver, CO" demo.

DisneyRoy

If you told me 0% outside of theme park aficionados did not know about Epic universe I would not be surprised. My boss at work went to universal this past week. I’m interested to hear if he even knows about it.
Confirmed. My boss spent a week on site in a Universal hotel. And had no idea they were even constructing a new park. Sounds like Universal's advertising strategy for on site guests is...do nothing. Seems like a miss to me. 🤷‍♂️

Andrew25

Confirmed. My boss spent a week on site in a Universal hotel. And had no idea they were even constructing a new park. Sounds like Universal's advertising strategy for on site guests is...do nothing. Seems like a miss to me. 🤷‍♂️
Universal's marketing team bothers the hell out of me lol. They botched yesterday's DreamWorks/Summer Entertainment announcement and Epic Universe is not well-known just yet outside the fan community. Maybe a Nintendo announcement soon can change that.

Universal is still "healing" from their botched openings/marketing efforts (internally) of Islands of Adventure, Hogsmeade, Hagrid, and Volcano Bay. Even if they're not 100% solid on an opening timeframe, just simple signage at their onsite resorts and parks with "Hey, Look what's coming next year" would do wonders.

They're afraid of people "skipping" visiting the resort this year, but Universal has built a great resort, with great onsite resorts, that can avoid what happened in the 2000s easily.

I sound like a broken record, but Universal Creative does wonderful work that gets botched by their operations team.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Universal's marketing team bothers the hell out of me lol. They botched yesterday's DreamWorks/Summer Entertainment announcement and Epic Universe is not well-known just yet outside the fan community. Maybe a Nintendo announcement soon can change that.

Universal is still "healing" from their botched openings/marketing efforts (internally) of Islands of Adventure, Hogsmeade, Hagrid, and Volcano Bay. Even if they're not 100% solid on an opening timeframe, just simple signage at their onsite resorts and parks with "Hey, Look what's coming next year" would do wonders.

They're afraid of people "skipping" visiting the resort this year, but Universal has built a great resort, with great onsite resorts, that can avoid what happened in the 2000s easily.

I sound like a broken record, but Universal Creative does wonderful work that gets botched by their operations team.
Simple signage on-site seems like such a small thing to do that would create interest and return visit potential. But what do we know...

JoeCamel

All ills will be offset by the preview center in CityWalk which will open in plenty of time to hype the park, we are more than a year from opening so the campaign is just getting ramped up and they don't want to reduce the numbers that want to travel now.

Andrew25

Simple signage on-site seems like such a small thing to do that would create interest and return visit potential. But what do we know...
Signage, informing TMs properly. etc., can do a lot. Disney does a masterful job at this. We are getting an Epic Universe preview center, so I'd imagine that will help.

A simple "Get Ready For More Epicness" sign on the moving walkways on the way out can do a lot.

Universal is afraid that you'll skip visiting today... but if you are already there what do they have to worry about? Considering Epic is expected to open sometime in the summer, you've already captured APs for a full year and don't have to worry about them not renewing their APs until next year.

I can understand avoiding a massive online media blitz, but they're should be signage resort wide soon.

All ills will be offset by the preview center in CityWalk which will open in plenty of time to hype the park, we are more than a year from opening so the campaign is just getting ramped up and they don't want to reduce the numbers that want to travel now.
Yeah, that will help a lot. We are now getting close to the one year to opening mark, so I'd imagine it'll ramp up more.

Disstevefan1

I get your point about the company should get the word out for business purposes, but at least when they announce something it has a real opening date. All this stuff opening in June, I just heard about Yesterday. From a fan standpoint its exciting because its only a few weeks of waiting, not years and years of waiting.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Signage, informing TMs properly. etc., can do a lot. Disney does a masterful job at this. We are getting an Epic Universe preview center, so I'd imagine that will help.

A simple "Get Ready For More Epicness" sign on the moving walkways on the way out can do a lot.

Universal is afraid that you'll skip visiting today... but if you are already there what do they have to worry about? Considering Epic is expected to open sometime in the summer, you've already captured APs for a full year and don't have to worry about them not renewing their APs until next year.

I can understand avoiding a massive online media blitz, but they're should be signage resort wide soon.

Yeah, that will help a lot. We are now getting close to the one year to opening mark, so I'd imagine it'll ramp up more.

Does Universal know that it gets hot in the summer? That could mean very low crowds for the opening of a brand new theme park. 😂

Andrew25

I get your point about the company should get the word out for business purposes, but at least when they announce something it has a real opening date. All this stuff opening in June, I just heard about Yesterday. From a fan standpoint its exciting because its only a few weeks of waiting, not years and years of waiting.
Well the issue yesterday isn't the timing of when it was announced ,it was how it was announced. It was sloppy with external media sites revealing some stuff and the Universal site not working properly to confirm those announcements.

I think there's a happy medium between Disney's way too early announcements with way too much early information and Universal's way too late with little detail announcements.

Lilofan

Has MCO have any advertisement on Epic opening?. Last visits I've not noticed any. Is there a count down digital click timer on a billboard on I-4 to when Epic opens?

Disstevefan1

Well the issue yesterday isn't the timing of when it was announced ,it was how it was announced. It was sloppy with external media sites revealing some stuff and the Universal site not working properly to confirm those announcements.

I think there's a happy medium between Disney's way too early announcements with way too much early information and Universal's way too late with little detail announcements.
Understood. But me as a fan, Universals announcement yesterday was exciting and its no waiting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom