Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can you say DVC conversion? 🤣 But really and sadly that might be their thinking.
That isn’t the bottomless pool people assume it is either

Attachments

• IMG_5635.jpeg
    IMG_5635.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 65

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just got an email from DVC to book up to 3 rooms at OKW or SSR for up to 40% off....5/16-10/3 and 12/9-21 clearly, they need help filling those 2 resorts over the summer.
Yeah I found that shocking

And it’s not enough.

There was this clown over on the Disney boards that used to carry on about the dangers of going over the “price cliff”…May not have been that nuts afterall?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They don't need to be on an advertising push -- so much of the world knows about it, and is already worried about OVER CROWDING. You know that more media will come out, and honestly - it's not needed.
Universals attendance wasn’t stellar last year either…
They maybe should consider doing a push just in case.
Reminds me of when they decided people would line up to San Diego to get into Anaheim Star Wars land and…well…the line never formed.

Really the only places not booming for travel last year were the Orlando main compounds.
And phoney excuses like “heat” and “they needed a break” don’t wash

People did have one thing needing a break and still does…it has 16 digits on it

Last edited:

Touchdown

just read an article saying Europeans can no longer afford to vacation in the US just too expensive --this may not bode well for WDW
Well the dollar is still incredibly strong, and with Europe (and the UK) on the verge of cutting interest rates and the US not (or even having to raise them again) the dollar is only going to get stronger. Bad for foreign tourists, good for American ones though.

Lilofan

Universals attendance wasn’t stellar last year either…
They maybe should consider doing a push just in case.
Reminds me of when they decided people would line up to San Diego to get into Anaheim Star Wars land and…well…the line never formed.

Really the only places not booming for travel last year were the Orlando main compounds.
And phoney excuses like “heat” and “they needed a break” don’t wash

People did have one thing needed a break and still does…it has 16 digits on it
I was in Orlando last year in July. It was so hot beyond belief I could have fried an egg on the sidewalk and I’ve visited since the 1990s. Was it unpleasant ? Heck ya.

LSLS

I was in Orlando last year in July. It was so hot beyond belief I could have fried an egg on the sidewalk and I’ve visited since the 1990s. Was it unpleasant ? Heck ya.
So was I. Yet shockingly, the weather didn't tell me it was going to be a heat warning when we booked 4 months in advance. And while the heat was awful, walking onto every ride except Slinky at DHS made up for it.

Touchdown

My WDW moratorium is Mid May-Mid Sept, my Universal one is mid June-Mid Sept (as with my hotel express I can hop on a water ride and stay comfortably drenched at Universal.).

Andrew25

They don't need to be on an advertising push -- so much of the world knows about it, and is already worried about OVER CROWDING. You know that more media will come out, and honestly - it's not needed.
Something not taught in business school , don’t do too much advertising …for grand opening
Bob Iger learned the hard way on this idea. You do need to advertise, whether you believe it or not.

As for the heat discussion, I do think Orlando's main attendance period is "shifting" into early/later parts of the year and the decrease in attendance is a result of Orlando hitting a price ceiling while cruising and other destinations offered great pricing.

Lilofan

Bob Iger learned the hard way on this idea. You do need to advertise, whether you believe it or not.

As for the heat discussion, I do think Orlando's main attendance period is "shifting" into early/later parts of the year and the decrease in attendance is a result of Orlando hitting a price ceiling while cruising and other destinations offered great pricing.
True , a few neighbors not wanting to deal with the scorching heat of the summer have been pulling their kids out of school for a week and going to WDW in the fall.

Andrew25

True , a few neighbors not wanting to deal with the scorching heat of the summer have been pulling their kids out of school for a week and going to WDW in the fall.
I live nearby the parks, and I can't stand being in them for more than hour during the summer.

If it weren't for those brutal walks through the parking lot asphalt, I might have lasted (and spend more $) longer in the parks. They really need to start spending on improving the guest experience in the short-term if they don't want the summer to die off attendance-wise. Shade structures for the parking lot would help tremendously.

Nevermore525

That trend was starting to happen pre-Covid. It hit another level after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom