Lighthouse Point to welcome guests in Summer 2024

ToTBellHop

Summer sailings are up. In general, looks like only Magic from Lauderdale will be calling at Lighthouse Point (sometimes with Castaway). I see one Fantasy southern sailing that calls there and a shorter one in June as well, but otherwise, if sailing from Canaveral, you’ll go to Castaway.

No surprise, but no Treasure.

Last edited:

jme

Lighthouse Point itineraries are up

LPCapture.PNG

CaptainMickey

This does make me wonder, what will the community call sailings that stop at both? "Double-dip" is the accepted term for 2 stops at Castaway... so we can't use that. 🤔
Maybe...
Lighthouse Castaway Cruise

Mickey's Treasure Tour

The Chip and Dale 🤣

Mickey's Islands Tour

CaptainMickey

I look at it like this:

Polynesian Village and Castaway Cay = kitschy view of a real place

Aulani and Lighthouse Point = care taken into being respectful to the local population and their culture

They don’t want it to have an adventureland feel, they want it to showcase the Bahamian culture more authentically. I’m curious to see more details and how it looks and feels.
They can call the Double Dips The Chip and Dale!

Chip (Serious) Lighthouse Point - Authentic Bahamian culture
Dale (Goofy) Castaway Cay - Fun, cartoon Adventureland!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I look at it like this:

Polynesian Village and Castaway Cay = kitschy view of a real place

Aulani and Lighthouse Point = care taken into being respectful to the local population and their culture

They don’t want it to have an adventureland feel, they want it to showcase the Bahamian culture more authentically. I’m curious to see more details and how it looks and feels.

So we can expect pickpockets, knock-off merchandise, and scammers?

I wish I were kidding but... I'm not.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm not deep in DCL but I wasnt expecting the Magic and was thinking they'd have the new ship in 2024 to start these sailings.

SplashJacket

They’re almost certainly using the Magic to test Lighthouse with its smaller capacity. I really wouldn’t read any deeper into it. Easier to train staff to deal with a couple thousand guests rather than several thousand.

Facility, staffing, itinerary stress test. Makes perfect sense

ToTBellHop

They’re almost certainly using the Magic to test Lighthouse with its smaller capacity. I really wouldn’t read any deeper into it. Easier to train staff to deal with a couple thousand guests rather than several thousand.

Then why are they sending Fantasy there for the first cruise when everything is (hopefully) open? They’ll be ready for 4000 guests on day 1 but not the rest of summer?

It is widely known that they can’t charge as much out of Miami (and soon Lauderdale) or run at as high capacity as they can from PC. They are almost certainly doing this to shore up demand on their oldest ship.

They better hope it’s ready for that Fantasy cruise. $10k for a 7-day cruise to Nassau and Castaway would be a ridiculous price for a ridiculous itinerary.

Chip Chipperson

There will be a DVC-exclusive sailing of the Magic in June. 5 nights, with stops at Lighthouse Point, Castaway Cay, and then  another stop at Lighthouse Point. They're classifying this as a Concierge Collection trip rather than a DVC Member Cruise, so none of the usual gifts or entertainment that members usually get on a Member Cruise.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

What?

The Fantasy and the Magic are both going to Lighthouse Point. The Wonder will be in Alaska and the Dream will be in Europe. The Wish will continue to run 3 night / 4 night weeks out of Port Canaveral and they don't need LP to sell the newest ship.

The only two ships available to go to LP are both going to LP.

Everyone want to cruise on the new ships already. Older ships going to the new Disney island will create a lot of demand for the older ships.
The new ship isn't ready yet, so all of this is beside the point.

SplashJacket

What’s the current Lighthouse Point itinerary?

Preview Magic sailing to Lighthouse, two Fantasy sailings to Lighthouse, and twenty-one more sailings on the Magic.

It seems like they’re using the Magic initially to test Lighthouse, then they’re doing a stress test on the Fantasy, more Magic tests, then another stress test on the Fantasy a month later.

They’re giving themselves a whole month between Fantasy sailings to adjust to the bigger crowds. They also haven’t released the subsequent months (which will surely include more bigger ships).

Castaway has been able to handle 6-ships a week without problem, currently, they’re going to be running this with around 2 sailings a week. Between those sailings they will make adjustments, train the staff better, etc.

Using the Fantasy twice to see how the bigger ships treat the island doesn’t discount that the island will be in test and adjust mode with the magic.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What’s the current Lighthouse Point itinerary?

Preview Magic sailing to Lighthouse, two Fantasy sailings to Lighthouse, and twenty-one more sailings on the Magic.

It seems like they’re using the Magic initially to test Lighthouse, then they’re doing a stress test on the Fantasy, more Magic tests, then another stress test on the Fantasy a month later.

They’re giving themselves a whole month between Fantasy sailings to adjust to the bigger crowds. They also haven’t released the subsequent months (which will surely include more bigger ships).

Castaway has been able to handle 6-ships a week without problem, currently, they’re going to be running this with around 2 sailings a week. Between those sailings they will make adjustments, train the staff better, etc.

Using the Fantasy twice to see how the bigger ships treat the island doesn’t discount that the island will be in test and adjust mode with the magic.
Or...they just want to keep the Fantasy on its solid and relatively consistent 7-night rotation between the eastern and western caribbean itineraries. Everything has to fit...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
May have to look into completing our DCL ship sailings with one on the Magic. But sadly there is zero desire to sail on the Treasure unless it’s significantly different than the Wish. Which I expect it will not be.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
May have to look into completing our DCL ship sailings with one on the Magic. But sadly there is zero desire to sail on the Treasure unless it’s significantly different than the Wish. Which I expect it will not be.
There were differences between the Fantasy and Dream so I expect a number of things. For example, I imagine at least one restaurant experience will be different. And probably some sort of adjustment to the pool options. And the flex space unlikely to include the incredibles thing but rather something different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom