Lighthouse Point to welcome guests in Summer 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Today, we announced that Disney Cruise Line will welcome guests to a one-of-a-kind island destination at Lighthouse Point, located on the island of Eleuthera in The Bahamas, for the first time during its opening season in summer 2024!"

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Maybe I'm becoming a true Dizney H8ter but that concept art looks boring. Nothing I see stands out as uniquely "Disney" and it feels like things I'd find at any normal Bahamian themed resort.

castlecake2.0

Maybe I'm becoming a true Dizney H8ter but that concept art looks boring. Nothing I see stands out as uniquely "Disney" and it feels like things I'd find at any normal Bahamian themed resort.
I look at it like this:

Polynesian Village and Castaway Cay = kitschy view of a real place

Aulani and Lighthouse Point = care taken into being respectful to the local population and their culture

They don’t want it to have an adventureland feel, they want it to showcase the Bahamian culture more authentically. I’m curious to see more details and how it looks and feels.

BrianLo

I think it looks really nice. Definitely matching the overall trend in the cruise industry to keep guests contained within the product. I assume eventually the main products Disney will offer will be 3/4 day cruises with a stop at each of their private islands and nothing more.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I look at it like this:

Polynesian Village and Castaway Cay = kitschy view of a real place

Aulani and Lighthouse Point = care taken into being respectful to the local population and their culture

They don’t want it to have an adventureland feel, they want it to showcase the Bahamian culture more authentically. I’m curious to see more details and how it looks and feels.
This makes more sense.

I think, as usual, the PR release was a little to over the top (which is the point of PR I know but still).

NelleBelle

I hope they offer stops here in their longer cruises. I refuse to pay for a shirt 3/4 nt cruise. For use to do a cruise, it’s got to be at least 7-not. We ruined ourselves bu doing a 7-nt our very first cruise. Can’t imagine anything less!😁

DCLcruiser

I hope they offer stops here in their longer cruises. I refuse to pay for a shirt 3/4 nt cruise. For use to do a cruise, it’s got to be at least 7-not. We ruined ourselves bu doing a 7-nt our very first cruise. Can’t imagine anything less!😁
7 nights is ideal, but the Wish (and I will guess Treasure) are volume ships for less expensive itineraries (Bahamas) (low cost, high margins).

I am hoping for the Wish/Treasure 5-Night Bahamian cruise, where it goes:

D1 - Leave Port
D2 - Nassau
D3 - Castaway Cay
D4 - @ Sea
D5 - Lighthouse Point

Or skip Nassau, all together. Which is either a 5-Night w/ 2 @ Sea, or a 4-Night.

jme

26 Cabanas.
76 Concierge Staterooms on the Wish/Fantasy + however many Platinum cruisers.

So DCL made the conscious decision to not fix the supply/demand issue that makes it impossible for most people to EVER have a chance at getting a Cabana. Even with a theoretical CC & LP itinerary, there isn't even enough for the Concierge cruisers, let alone anyone else.

Surfin' Tuna

26 Cabanas.
76 Concierge Staterooms on the Wish/Fantasy + however many Platinum cruisers.

So DCL made the conscious decision to not fix the supply/demand issue that makes it impossible for most people to EVER have a chance at getting a Cabana. Even with a theoretical CC & LP itinerary, there isn't even enough for the Concierge cruisers, let alone anyone else.
I wish this was a surprise, but it is follows their usual way of thinking. It is a little odd from a business perspective, though. They have the land and construction is negligible, so it is just an easy profit item if they did it. It's not as if they would sit empty.

Chip Chipperson

I think it looks really nice. Definitely matching the overall trend in the cruise industry to keep guests contained within the product. I assume eventually the main products Disney will offer will be 3/4 day cruises with a stop at each of their private islands and nothing more.
I would love that. I don't get off at the ports anyway unless we're at Castaway, so if they regularly offer a 3-4 night sailing with stops at both then that would be great for me since the "double-dip" Castaway sailings are few and far between.

SplashJacket

I would love that. I don't get off at the ports anyway unless we're at Castaway, so if they regularly offer a 3-4 night sailing with stops at both then that would be great for me since the "double-dip" Castaway sailings are few and far between.
Definitely expect double-island sailings, especially during the summer when the ships are less clustered in the Caribbean.

jme

I don't foresee those being the case - with an increased fleet operating in the area (2 ships in PC, 2 ships in Fort Lauderdale) they needed additional "private island" capacity, since Castaway can only handle 1 ship per day.

This does make me wonder, what will the community call sailings that stop at both? "Double-dip" is the accepted term for 2 stops at Castaway... so we can't use that. 🤔

ToTBellHop

I don't foresee those being the case - with an increased fleet operating in the area (2 ships in PC, 2 ships in Fort Lauderdale) they needed additional "private island" capacity, since Castaway can only handle 1 ship per day.

This does make me wonder, what will the community call sailings that stop at both? "Double-dip" is the accepted term for 2 stops at Castaway... so we can't use that. 🤔
“Double your pleasure, double your fun.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom