Trail’s End Restaurant closing this Spring to reopen with a new concept

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Someone remind me, what food was offered at Mickey's Backyard BBQ? I'm betting it was the same stuff coming out of the same kitchen. How many people did you hear raving about the food there? I don't think I've ever heard it was good... only that people would miss the atmosphere.
It was actually much worse

Backyard bbq was probably the worst food this side of Norway.
Terrible. Like cruise island in the Bahamas bad.
In that case…the fee was 100% for characters.

But the “the food doesn’t matter…” line that’s being suggested here - and often - is more evidence of customers allowing the management to destroy the place…

The best first step is to eliminate this “experience” nonsense. They’re using that term to manipulate their customers on so many levels and it’s directly going to higher prices and lesser quality almost across the board.

It’s food…or a ride…or a picture. Product. Products have value, cause you pay a fee for them. That’s it. It’s not an “experience”.

Gotta get some longer pants if you want “my Disney” to continue. It’s a consumer relationship…not a charitable donation.

Rant Endeth.
Now I’m gonna look for some “greasy, dry” chicken 😎🍗

AMartin7777

You're defending steam pans of mediocre fried chicken as a paragon of quality and originality.
No I'm not. I'm actually suggesting that the focus should be just the opposite, i.e. They should expand and improve both the food and theming. The exact opposite of the diminishment that comes from homogonizing both the food and theming into an indistinguishable mediocrity. In fact, this thinking should be applied to ALL aspects of the parks and resorts.

Last edited:

celluloid

I think people like the bottomless beer that comes with the meal. Enough of that plus the corny show and people remember the night as being amazing, food and all.

The food sucked, and that is the exact food, plus a couple of more dishes that the buffet offered. It was okay and not much more, but when you have picky eaters it was great.

Don't forget that it is all served to you with gratuity calculated in the ticket price for the show if I recall correctly. The drinks, food and show with that as a thing makes it a great value for years. Not sure how the current show and food quality were. I remember ribs and chicken.

Disstevefan1

Never…the price is LAUGHABLY bad
We watched it climb over the past 15 years.

I (think) they no longer serve Sauerbraten !!! ??? !!!!

We did love it because it was a buffet AND a show :)

The site says:
Lunch Menu – $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)
Dinner Menu – $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)

Our last visit there was pre pandemic. I can't remember what we paid.

I do not think we ever paid $59.99

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We watched it climb over the past 15 years.

I (think) they no longer serve Sauerbraten !!! ??? !!!!

We did love it because it was a buffet AND a show :)

The site says:
Lunch Menu – $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)
Dinner Menu – $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)

Our last visit there was pre pandemic. I can't remember what we paid.

I do not think we ever paid $59.99
I’m not sure it’s ever less than $60 now?

It wasn’t like $14.99/$19.99 20 years ago…with way more variety and constant oompah music 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lunch was also cheaper than dinner
Yeah…that’s what I meant with the slash

But I think I was wrong and it held around $16.99/$22.99 for a good time

Kids where like $10 ish

It’s sad how many “big fans” now just have no concept of how badly BoBs Inc altered the place…

Dinner for 4 now runs you $150+ in most places with far less variety/quality.

But if I recall 5-10-15 years ago, the “justification” was always: “they are undercharging, this will actually make the parks better..”

Is there anyone with history that thinks it’s better? That’s the test and the results are In

celluloid

Yeah…that’s what I meant with the slash

But I think I was wrong and it held around $16.99/$22.99 for a good time

Kids where like $10 ish

It’s sad how many “big fans” now just have no concept of how badly BoBs Inc altered the place…

Dinner for 4 now runs you $150+ in most places with far less variety/quality.

But if I recall 5-10-15 years ago, the “justification” was always: “they are undercharging, this will actually make the parks better..”

Is there anyone with history that thinks it’s better? That’s the test and the results are In

The only people who think it is better are those who really need to have alcohol with their meal, and even they don't think it is that great.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only people who think it is better are those who really need to have alcohol with their meal, and even they don't think it is that great.
That’s gonna be another book i’m gonna write:
“Let them eat overpriced (cup)cake(s)! Walt Disney World Customers in the Age of Self Soothing Insanity: 2005-??”

celluloid

That’s gonna be another book i’m gonna write:
“Let them eat overpriced (cup)cake(s)! Walt Disney World Customers in the Age of Self Soothing Insanity: 2005-??”

I want to thank you for letting me write the foreward spot on that

"They could sit next to me at the Poly with my Mickey Mouse Shirley Temple and not have to buy a meal, if only the monorails worked and the ferries weren't down for dessert party prep"

FettFan

Buffets are not a good value.
resturaunt.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom