News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Professortango1

It implies that you are repeating, amplifying, and spreading information that, in the future, will potentially be regurgitated as if it were fact, much like the many incorrect rumors surrounding, say, the yeti that were perpetuated over the years. It's not that you specifically have nefarious motivation. It is that there's absolutely nothing to it. It's not a fact. It's not a construction update. Instead, it's generally (though maybe not from you) an attempt to accuse the ride of being somehow less mature, more juvenile.

Again, talking about the ultimate effect of the construction on the facade is on topic and totally fair game. You can say that it looks less impressive all you want. What is probably less on topic is parroting the same unsubstantiated claims about the designers' intent that you and others have repeatedly drawn from the ether across hundreds of pages. All of your "evidence" points to the effect, not the cause (or, perhaps more accurately, the rationale behind the cause).
I was discussing the new information, which I was lead to believe was allowed per the mods last update. I simply said based on the new information, the on-ride photo art, I could understand why some feel that the drop is being downplayed rather than embellished as it was before. I then referenced the update from a little while back, the attraction poster, which discussion was allowed for on this thread as well.

I think the ride, from what we know, will still feature cartoon cute animals in an exaggerated landscape filled with Disney songs. I'm not arguing that one iteration is more mature, just that the marketing for the attraction seems to be making a choice that reflects the current goals of Disney vs the marketing that reflected Disney's goals in the late 80's and early 90's.
So I guess I don't understand the difference between discussing the factual artwork vs discussing the faction facade. If I say it feels like they played up the lushness of the facade you wouldn't have an issue with that. Or if I said they seem to pushing the food angle based upon the Tiana Foods and mural on the exposed fence, that would be fine. So saying it feels like the released artwork is making the final drop feel less scary and more light-hearted, should be in the same boat. Or log.

LittleBuford

But you have to admit the drop blends in and is certainly not the center of attention. What's weird is that they put in so much extra stuff that even the water tower is hidden behind a giant tree. The whole attraction is like a lesson in camoflauge.
There is no realistic scenario in which unsuspecting guests somehow won’t see the drop. It’ll be impossible to miss, especially with log after log of screaming guests hurtling down it. Yes, there’s more coverage than there used to be, but if camouflaging the flume was the Imagineers’ aim, they’ve done a rather poor job of it.

Professortango1

The ride photos have, as far as I know, never shown the flume narrowing the way you suggest. Given the angle from which the photos are taken, it would actually undermine the effect to show the top wider than the bottom.
I am likely misremembering. Unfortunately, my cursory google search only shows me the ride photo and not the surrounding artwork that it was framed in.

I found the frames which depict what I was speaking to. But I cannot post them here without them being removed.

Last edited:

Professortango1

There is no realistic scenario in which unsuspecting guests somehow won’t see the drop. It’ll be impossible to miss, especially with log after log of screaming guests hurtling down it. Yes, there’s more coverage than there used to be, but if camouflaging the flume was the Imagineers’ aim, they’ve done a rather poor job of it.
I don't think anyone is arguing that they are trying to hide the drop. I think the argument is that they making it seem less dramatic and downplaying the scary/thrill aspect that had been built up before.

Not that it won't be as thrilling or scary or enjoyable, it just appears from what some have seen, that it has taken a different approach to the attraction's identity.

mickEblu

I was discussing the new information, which I was lead to believe was allowed per the mods last update. I simply said based on the new information, the on-ride photo art, I could understand why some feel that the drop is being downplayed rather than embellished as it was before. I then referenced the update from a little while back, the attraction poster, which discussion was allowed for on this thread as well.

I think the ride, from what we know, will still feature cartoon cute animals in an exaggerated landscape filled with Disney songs. I'm not arguing that one iteration is more mature, just that the marketing for the attraction seems to be making a choice that reflects the current goals of Disney vs the marketing that reflected Disney's goals in the late 80's and early 90's.
So I guess I don't understand the difference between discussing the factual artwork vs discussing the faction facade. If I say it feels like they played up the lushness of the facade you wouldn't have an issue with that. Or if I said they seem to pushing the food angle based upon the Tiana Foods and mural on the exposed fence, that would be fine. So saying it feels like the released artwork is making the final drop feel less scary and more light-hearted, should be in the same boat. Or log.

You are a patient man.

In the Parks
No
I don't think anyone is arguing that they are trying to hide the drop. I think the argument is that they making it seem less dramatic and downplaying the scary/thrill aspect that had been built up before.
Yes, thank you. This is it exactly.
You are a patient man.
I'm in awe. And everything is on topic and well-reasoned.

In the Parks
No
Let's talk about this ride photo, shall we?
1715742578239.png

This is the representation of the characters on the ride photo? We could have had Tiana, Louis, or Mama Odie, and instead we've got the same concept art of critters cut-and-pasted clumsily standing atop the cliff with their instruments.

And then there's this guy:
1715742806610.png

Multiple people on this forum predicted "I know a shortcut" would be used as the justification for the drop, and sure enough, here it is. Thank God Figment-lite (or should I say "light") is here with his "royal we" to show us the way.

My hope: the sign is actually a trick by Ray's family to try to kill us all in retribution for Ray's death, but Mama Odie swoops in at the last minute and saves us. See how desperate I am for some stakes in this attraction?

Professortango1

Let's talk about this ride photo, shall we?
View attachment 785597
This is the representation of the characters on the ride photo? We could have had Tiana, Louis, or Mama Odie, and instead we've got the same concept art of critters cut-and-pasted clumsily standing atop the cliff with their instruments.

View attachment 785601
Multiple people on this forum predicted "I know a shortcut" would be used as the justification for the drop, and sure enough, here it is. Thank God Figment-lite (or should I say "light") is here with his "royal we" to show us the way.

My hope: the sign is actually a trick by Ray's family to try to kill us all in retribution for Ray's death, but Mama Odie swoops in at the last minute and saves us. See how desperate I am for some stakes in this attraction?
Maybe they are saving the main characters for the 3 Dimension frame you can purchase like the ones posted above. Not sure what the market is like for physical frames in the digital age.

Are the bear and rabbit in the exact same poses/looks as the concept art they released? Wonder if the other concept art characters can appear and they are randomized to add a Hitchhiking Ghost aspect. "Oh look, we got the Otter this time!"

SilentWindODoom

They said preview information is going out tomorrow, will we get info on weather it'll be VQ or standby tomorrow?

Oh jeez. My brain has been so rotted by the last few hundred pages that I saw that typo and thought the weather vane was being brought up again. :hungover:

My hope: the sign is actually a trick by Ray's family to try to kill us all in retribution for Ray's death, but Mama Odie swoops in at the last minute and saves us.

Holy crap! You did it! You figured out a way to incorporate the friends on the other side without trying to explain Facilier escaping their wrath! Ray's come back from the other side with them and he's piiiiiiissed! :hilarious:

Ghost93

View attachment 785601

Modern Disney does love twist villains, so one of Ray's family members turning out to be evil right before the drop isn't THAT insane of an idea, lol.

nickys

Premium Member
Perhaps you could shed some light. The post referred to the attraction poster's composition, which was previously shared in here. It made no hyperbolic statements or references to other attractions.

I also referenced the ride's photo, which was not censored and how it's depiction of the final drop seemed less severe than was the previous standard for the drop. No judgement calls were made nor did I say the name of the attraction which must not be mentioned. It was a simple analysis of how they chose to depict the drop in the ride photo compared to other similar attraction photos.

You may continue to troll me, but if you would care to point out how the information I shared in the post was cause for reporting and censoring, please do let me know as I honestly do not understand how it went against the thread's rules and previously authorized content. I was very deliberate about how I responded and so I am obviously missing some aspect.

From the forum rules which you agreed to when you joined the site:

“10. If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.”

I suggest you PM @The Mom or @wdwmagic if you want to know why your posts were removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom