News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Casper Gutman

I’m not a fan of the on-ride photo art either, but the critter designs they’ve previously released seem charming and individualised to me.
A few have been fine or even good, but on the whole they’re stiflingly generic, seemingly designed to move merch rather than fit the ride. They don’t FEEL bayou-y - although I’m sure the Inagineers have detailed reports from New Orleans-based biologists to justify each one. The bears, foxes, rabbits, etc feel like they could fit into any vague Disney wilderness setting.

I’m no fan of Louis, but he offers a strong contrast - he’s a gator, perhaps the first animal people think of when they conjure up an image of the bayou. He’s also somewhat visually distinct, with his massive bulk a comical contrast to more standard images of cartoon gators.

Tiana’s swamp needed beasts that FEEL “bayou-y.” Add more gators, snakes, and turtles - an all-snake zydeco band would be a lot of fun. There’s a nutria in the film but none, it seems, in the ride. How about some herons or other wading birds? Make the setting distinct, don’t pack it with rejects from Brother Bear.

LittleBuford

A few have been fine or even good, but on the whole they’re stiflingly generic, seemingly designed to move merch rather than fit the ride. They don’t FEEL bayou-y - although I’m sure the Inagineers have detailed reports from New Orleans-based biologists to justify each one. The bears, foxes, rabbits, etc feel like they could fit into any vague Disney wilderness setting.

I’m no fan of Louis, but he offers a strong contrast - he’s a gator, perhaps the first animal people think of when they conjure up an image of the bayou. He’s also somewhat visually distinct, with his massive bulk a comical contrast to more standard images of cartoon gators.

Tiana’s swamp needed beasts that FEEL “bayou-y.” Add more gators, snakes, and turtles - an all-snake zydeco band would be a lot of fun. There’s a nutria in the film but none, it seems, in the ride. How about some herons or other wading birds? Make the setting distinct, don’t pack it with rejects from Brother Bear.
We'll have to agree to disagree. They seem quite consistent with the animals featured in the film:

tumblr_pvohtrw2FM1y8qr7yo8_r1_500.gifv

JohnD

So let's cut to the chase: at this point, unless you scored a park reservation, the only option is to hop to MK before 1pm and join the 1pm lottery, er VQ. Correct?

MouseEarsMom33

My trip is the week of passholder previews, so I feel really lucky about that. Good thing I already had my park reservations booked for the week or my MK days would have been gone. Hopefully the park isn't too packed though. With Disney using VQ for passholders and Disney limiting number of passholders each day, does anyone think there will be issues with getting a boarding group during previews? I can't imagine passholders will fill up ride capacity for a day.

JohnD

My trip is the week of passholder previews, so I feel really lucky about that. Good thing I already had my park reservations booked for the week or my MK days would have been gone. Hopefully the park isn't too packed though. With Disney using VQ for passholders and Disney limiting number of passholders each day, does anyone think there will be issues with getting a boarding group during previews? I can't imagine passholders will fill up ride capacity for a day.
Hopefully you tap at the right time for 7am VQ. Any slip up and you'll have to wait until 1pm. Good luck!

Casper Gutman

We'll have to agree to disagree. They seem quite consistent with the animals featured in the film:

tumblr_pvohtrw2FM1y8qr7yo8_r1_500.gifv
That’s the precise moment I was thinking of. Yes, that’s a generic raccoon out of Pocahontas or the like, but he’s flanked by a turtle and that nutria I mentioned - and the Nutria has a much more distinct design then the raccoon. If they leaned into a combo like this, they’d be better off.

Sir_Cliff

I very much agree with all of this. I particularly think it was the wrong choice to put the bear and rabbit on the ride photo as almost no-one will have any real connection to them and they are probably the most generic looking of the characters.

On first glance, it is particularly strange they wouldn't have gone with a character like Luis that is at least from the film and is a type of animal associated with a bayou. I suspect, though, Luis, Tiana, and any other recognisable characters will be on whatever frames they aim to sell with the photos.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I very much agree with all of this. I particularly think it was the wrong choice to put the bear and rabbit on the ride photo as almost no-one will have any real connection to them and they are probably the most generic looking of the characters.

On first glance, it is particularly strange they wouldn't have gone with a character like Luis that is at least from the film and is a type of animal associated with a bayou. I suspect, though, Luis, Tiana, and any other recognisable characters will be on whatever frames they aim to sell with the photos.
I'm not convinced it is the official on-ride photo. It can't be!? It's terrible.

DCBaker

Premium Member
1pm VQ typically requires your being in the park where the VQ is located. With the 2pm restriction gone that means hopping to MK before 1pm.

From the preview announcement:
  • The 7:00 AM virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park for that day.
  • The 1:00 PM virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any theme park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom park without a reservation after 2:00 PM.
  • Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when they request to join the virtual queue.

In the Parks
No
It certainly fits with the speculation that they are trying to play down the drop.
Absolutely. I don't know why everyone is reacting as if you said something ridiculous. She's literally blocking the drop on the poster. They've put large trees that partially block the drop depending on where you're standing. They are definitely trying to downplay the drop.

Professortango1

I also referenced the ride's photo, which was not censored and how it's depiction of the final drop seemed less severe than was the previous standard for the drop. No judgement calls were made nor did I say the name of the attraction which must not be mentioned. It was a simple analysis of how they chose to depict the drop in the ride photo compared to other similar attraction photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom