News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

DCBaker

Premium Member
Wow - that is actually very nice of them :)

It was a surprise - I was expecting an Individual Lightning Lane.

The attraction has also officially been added to the Genie+ Lightning Lane list of attractions at Magic Kingdom.

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 11.17.51 AM.png

Brer Oswald

I think sometimes some of us are just extremely surprised or perplexed that what's being revealed is so celebrated by some. Like the fact that some people here say that the exterior looks fantastic and others think (and I agree) that it looks like a giant piece of broccoli. It seems like blind positivity because it differs so strongly from how some of us see it.
I can see the appeal of it during the night, even if I’m not as high on it as some others are. The appeal of the daytime look is quite perplexing to me.

JMcMahonEsq

This is shocking and makes me wonder if they have doubts about the long-term popularity of this attraction. To keep 7dmt, a 10 year old coaster, on ILL$ while putting this on G+ is a head-scratcher.
How is this at all a head scratcher? 7DMT ILL sells out virtually every day, and very quickly. It is a ride that appeals to a huge swath of Disney's demographic, and just prints money. Why in the world would they not keep it on ILL? Your idea is to change something that is constantly and consistently making you money to....something else that at best might match what your doing right now?

Trauma

Wouldn’t it be better if this was ILL?

So let’s say you miss out on the VQ.

Now you buy G+ and hope to get a return time?

I would rather spend money and know I’m going to ride, than spend money and hope.

Am I missing something here?

orky8

AP holders, you spent $1000 on your pass, you can VQ on 6 days to preview this attraction!

DVC members, you spent tens of thousands of dollars, you get 3 hours on 2 days to preview this attraction! Membership is magic!!! 🤦‍♂️
Really feels like DVC members got this shaft this time. Not even full days - just 3 hours each time.

Also, the DVC charter cruise ends on the 19th, and lots of folks will then be heading to Disney World - sure would be nice if the time slot for the 19th was later than noon....

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Wouldn’t it be better if this was ILL?

So let’s say you miss out on the VQ.

Now you buy G+ and hope to get a return time?

I would rather spend money and know I’m going to ride, than spend money and hope.

Am I missing something here?

I think it's an indication that, like they said, they plan for this to move to standby relatively quickly. Perhaps right after the 4th of July weekend.

Casper Gutman

That on-ride photo art is really bad. Everything else aside, the non-firefly characters look incredibly generic - they belong on a drugstore birthday card. Were any animators involved in the art design for the ride?

Louis already stood out as the least interesting element of the film because of how closely he adhered to the “Disney animal sidekick” archetype and the ride is leaning heavily into him. The new animals are even worse. There doesn’t seem to be much of what made the PatF movie special in the ride.

DisneyDreamer08

I think it's an indication that, like they said, they plan for this to move to standby relatively quickly. Perhaps right after the 4th of July weekend.
This is my thought as well. Similar to the opening of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway in Disneyland. If I remember correctly, it only had a virtual queue for the first few days.

JD80

Good thing that by the time I go I won't have to fight at 7AM for a VQ/G+ slot for this ride. I'll just book it 8 days in advance.

aladdin2007

That on-ride photo art is really bad. Everything else aside, the non-firefly characters look incredibly generic - they belong on a drugstore birthday card. Were any animators involved in the art design for the ride?

Louis already stood out as the least interesting element of the film because of how closely he adhered to the “Disney animal sidekick” archetype and the ride is leaning heavily into him. The new animals are even worse. There doesn’t seem to be much of what made the PatF movie special in the ride.
It does look a little generic like it could be anywhere,,,,Im starting to feel like once again they have spent more/put more effort into the exterior and queues than interior scenes, (except for a few expensive animatronics) yet I still worry the interiors are going to be another FEA style....but, we dont know that yet of course.....

mickEblu

Not that I think the designs are good but that on board photo doesn’t do them any justice. They look particularly bland and computer generated there.

LittleBuford

I’m not a fan of the on-ride photo art either, but the critter designs they’ve previously released seem charming and individualised to me.

ToTBellHop

Besides the fact that it is still very much a 32 year old ride with a fresh coat of paint, it is also a water ride. Unlike coasters, water rides don’t have consistent demand throughout the day. There’s peaks & troughs, and I don’t think the pretty night lights will change that.
Thankfully, this opens in June, so I doubt they’ll see much fluctuation in demand between 84 degree sunshine at 9 am, 94 degree sunshine at 1 pm, or a cool 89 degrees under a moonlit sky at 9 pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom