News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

To all those wishing for one last piece of Splash Mountain merchandise:

View attachment 705986

This mystery pin pack was spotted at Celebrity 5 & 10 at Hollywood Studios. Brer Fox is still not guaranteed but for those who want something to remember the old attraction - it’s an option.
Kinda funny this same pack of pins includes The Auctioneer and Trader Sam, two other problematic characters though ones removed for far less controversial reasons.
The desoulification of Chickapin Hill.

TomboyJanet

I'm waiting for them to just be like SURPRISE! The Scaffolding IS part of the ride! It's a ride about urban community building! And the SPECIAL PART IS YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Also the interior is now themed to grocery store aisles and you just kind meander down them going is the ingredient here? nope! next Aisle... Is it here? nope! Next Aisle

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Latest insider information indicates that Scaffold Mountain is testing better with guest focus groups than what ever it is they're planning to put there.

Kate Spade Ok GIF by kate spade new york

LittleBuford

I disagree... They literally used antagonists... PATF doesn't even have Facilier.....
But that’s an issue with what they’re choosing to do with the IP, not the IP itself. The “Tiana is a property that appeals primarily to elementary school girls” claim (variants of which have come up repeatedly in these discussions) makes it seem as if the character and her world are incapable of lending themselves to thrills, which isn’t the case at all. If Tiana’s Bayou Adventure ends up not having a good narrative buildup to the drop, it’ll be a shortcoming of the way it’s been conceived and designed rather than of the property itself.

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

Multiple sites (including one we’re encouraged not to reference) are reporting Tiana’s new D+ series has moved from a specific date (2023) to a very nebulous one (Coming soon!) suggesting it’s possibly being cancelled.

LittleBuford

Multiple sites (including one we’re encouraged not to reference) are reporting Tiana’s new D+ series has moved from a specific date (2023) to a very nebulous one (Coming soon!) suggesting it’s possibly being cancelled.
Why would a delay suggest it’s been cancelled? That seems like a bit of a leap to me.

EPCOT-O.G.

Why would a delay suggest it’s been cancelled? That seems like a bit of a leap to me.
That’s the connection they make. I don’t think it’s going to be cancelled. It’s Disney Animation, not the TV side, doing it. That said, a lot of animation projects within Disney and elsewhere have been suddenly cancelled, so that could be the cause for concern.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
But that’s an issue with what they’re choosing to do with the IP, not the IP itself.
Agreed.
The “Tiana is a property that appeals primarily to elementary school girls” claim (variants of which have come up repeatedly in these discussions) makes it seem as if the character and her world are incapable of lending themselves to thrills, which isn’t the case at all.
Agreed.
If Tiana’s Bayou Adventure ends up not having a good narrative buildup to the drop, it’ll be a shortcoming of the way it’s been conceived and designed rather than of the property itself.
Agreed.

....What am I missing here...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom