News Pacific Wharf to be Reimagined into San Fransokyo

aleh021

Avengers Campus deserves the criticisms. An IP giant with sub-IP’s that lends itself to plenty of potentially visually stunning environments and attractions, and yet, we end up with Avengers Community College, Anaheim Campus. Not sure whether I should be looking for the Registrars office to get my unofficial transcripts or if I’m supposed to be some sort of “recruit” for a military-style project/mission.

What a waste.
I love Marvel. Big Marvel fanboy here. Super comics nerd. But Avengers Campus is the most disappointing land ever built.

I hate the name of the land itself, it makes no sense long term. Spider-Man ride is lame. I could go on and on.

CaptinEO

I love Marvel. Big Marvel fanboy here. Super comics nerd. But Avengers Campus is the most disappointing land ever built.

I hate the name of the land itself, it makes no sense long term. Spider-Man ride is lame. I could go on and on.
Galaxy's Edge even if somewhat of a letdown to themepark and Star Wars fans, actually is really impressive to outsiders.

Only walked through Avenger's Campus one time and had relatives with me, they didnt understand it or get it. Star Wars Land at least looks like Star Wars and anyone can instantly recognize it.

Avenger's Campus is the most unthemed Disney "Land" they've made. Even Hollywood Land is better with the giant buildings and backdrop they made. Avenger's Campus was literally just concrete, a restaurant, and a ride.

It's crazy considering Marvel brings them in way more money than Star Wars and is the biggest movie franchise of all time.

J4546

I def think Marvel should get a bigger investment but I dontn hate the campus Idea, or execution but I dont love it either. The land as a whole has gotten better with more and more characters but still needs a spectacular e ticket

MarvelCharacterNerd

As the representative Avengers Campus fan who happily spends hours there hanging out with the characters, and as someone whose primary reason to go to the park is entertainment and characters, I honestly could care less about them sticking Baymax in a corner other than to ask why are they bothering to retheme an entire land just to stick Baymax in a corner? Why not just make it Baymax corner and leave the rest of the place alone? He'll get a bit of interest initially but I'd expect it to fall off quickly - though maybe I'm unaware of some massive Baymax fandom that will keep the meet thriving for years.

But I recall a Baymax meet previously in the Tomorrowland Starcade around the time of the movie. It closed pretty quickly and I never heard anyone wonder about it or ask for it again. Honestly I think he'd do better in the old Cap meet spot in the Hollywood Backlot across from the former Spidey spot that Moon Girl is now in. Just keep those as Disney Jr meet spots and it'll stay busy enough. Sticking Baymax next to a beer stand makes no sense to me.

Or heck, stick him in Launch Bay and retheme that area of Tomorrowland to actual futuristic technology! That's where Baymax fits perfectly. Not by the beer stand.

PiratesMansion

As the representative Avengers Campus fan who happily spends hours there hanging out with the characters, and as someone whose primary reason to go to the park is entertainment and characters, I honestly could care less about them sticking Baymax in a corner other than to ask why are they bothering to retheme an entire land just to stick Baymax in a corner? Why not just make it Baymax corner and leave the rest of the place alone? He'll get a bit of interest initially but I'd expect it to fall off quickly - though maybe I'm unaware of some massive Baymax fandom that will keep the meet thriving for years.

But I recall a Baymax meet previously in the Tomorrowland Starcade around the time of the movie. It closed pretty quickly and I never heard anyone wonder about it or ask for it again. Honestly I think he'd do better in the old Cap meet spot in the Hollywood Backlot across from the former Spidey spot that Moon Girl is now in. Just keep those as Disney Jr meet spots and it'll stay busy enough. Sticking Baymax next to a beer stand makes no sense to me.

Or heck, stick him in Launch Bay and retheme that area of Tomorrowland to actual futuristic technology! That's where Baymax fits perfectly. Not by the beer stand.
The M&G will be so popular that Disneyland will have no choice but to introduce Baymax Mountain next year to "meet guest demand."

Suspirian

I want to change it so bad. It really could be something much better as a Marvel land.

Nland316

I want to change it so bad. It really could be something much better as a Marvel land.
I wish they set the land in an urban, metropolis style setting. I believe this was the original early concept for the WDS version — but themed to NYC. They could’ve done that with Old Hollywood in the backlot or SF themed in its current location. It would’ve been visually superior.

Suspirian

I wish they set the land in an urban, metropolis style setting. I believe this was the original early concept for the WDS version — but themed to NYC. They could’ve done that with Old Hollywood in the backlot or SF themed in its current location. It would’ve been visually superior.
I like the SF idea. When it was rumored I was hoping it would be something inspired by the Avengers Hydrobase. I have faith they’ll retheme it one day.

Phroobar

Big Hero 6 fan club and forum.

Suspirian

I like the bridge. Im kinda hoping they push the san fransokyo aesthetic more within the land as the concept art seemed kinda tame (just lanterns and paint). I want futuristic billboards and towers on top of the existing buildings. The area is so concentrated there no reason to not go all out.

honestly they should just make this a mini land of a larger San Fransisco area to finally make something of the "Paradise" "Gardens" "Park" (🙄) area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom