News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

James Alucobond

I like the Percy Jackson series. But so far, there isn't a single place he goes that I would want to visit.
I think you could conceivably do something kind of interesting with the art deco deity murals from the end credits that I assume are supposed to be an allusion to artwork in the Empire State Building, but I largely agree.

PREMiERdrum

At this point is Radiator Springs Racers even on the table still?

There's no evidence it ever was. The source that claimed it was isn't reliable whatsoever.
There was at least consideration, though I don't think it was ever that serious. More of a visualization exercise, which - strictly in paint - did create a nice vista.

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw one more bit of Villains Blue Sky at D23, as they might need to milk the concept to preserve momentum. Formally share details for Tropical Americas, a "focused" Blue Sky of Moana and Coco, and an "even further beyond BTMRR" pretty Dark Kingdom art, along with some Live E announcements would give them a nice boost.

ToTBellHop

There was at least consideration, though I don't think it was ever that serious. More of a visualization exercise, which - strictly in paint - did create a nice vista.

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw one more bit of Villains Blue Sky at D23, as they might need to milk the concept to preserve momentum. Formally share details for Tropical Americas, a "focused" Blue Sky of Moana and Coco, and an "even further beyond BTMRR" pretty Dark Kingdom art, along with some Live E announcements would give them a nice boost.
Maybe the next CEO will pull the trigger on the villain land in the 2030s…

Starship824

In the Parks
No

If we get another "blue sky" segment Josh D'Amaro should be fired. Honestly he's sort of already on thin ice... At least on these boards.

DisneyHead123

Maybe the next CEO will pull the trigger on the villain land in the 2030s…
Wild speculation… they have a villains / heroes cruise ship coming out. Maybe they are waiting on feedback to see how that plays out? I don’t think MK will ever host a villains land because it could scare off the littles, but HS still needs additional rides. I could definitely see it there.

EricsBiscuit

It’s sad that all they’re likely going to talk about for WDW, their cash cow, is the Tropical Americas replacement of Dinoland. I doubt the parade will be announced (if it’s even happening) because, if so, wouldn’t we have heard it was under construction? And how does it take so long for them to announce concrete plans for Moana and CoCo? Why can’t they make up their minds?

TTA94

It’s sad that all they’re likely going to talk about for WDW, their cash cow, is the Tropical Americas replacement of Dinoland. I doubt the parade will be announced (if it’s even happening) because, if so, wouldn’t we have heard it was under construction? And how does it take so long for them to announce concrete plans for Moana and CoCo? Why can’t they make up their minds?

D23 might be a flop, as it usually is. Bunch of blue sky stuff we may or may not see and other more solid stuff that we won’t see built for many years. The parade is probably the only thing that’s in the near future, but even that might not be announced at D23 and just saved for a DPB post.

D23 might be a flop, as it usually is. Bunch of blue sky stuff we may or may not see and other more solid stuff that we won’t see built for many years. The parade is probably the only thing that’s in the near future, but even that might not be announced at D23 and just saved for a DPB post.
If they make it another Blue Sky fest, there had better be BOOS raining from the rafters.

TheIceBaron

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom