News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Would they really need to reduce the Rivers of America to a circle around the southern half of Tom Sawyer Island for this? I hope not, considering that we’re just looking at 14 acres.
This is 14 acres making a wild guess at land usage...

1714934351144.png

James Alucobond

This would absolutely HAVE to include a new train station for the land if the railroad was that close, right? It just makes too much sense (which is why it probably wouldn’t happen).
The land (at least for phase 1) will likely have pretty immediate access directly north of the existing Frontierland Station. I don’t think there’s much reason for another one. And honestly, I don’t think it’ll need one for phase 2 either. It’s in the same boat as Tomorrowland where it’s easily accessible from Fantasyland Station.

Just look at the map to see how close together they’d be relative to all other stops.

eddie104

Are any insiders willing to share any info regarding the ride count for this expansion?

Like a rough estimate of what to expect so I don’t get my hopes up and to keep my expectations in check.

James Alucobond

Are any insiders willing to share any info regarding the ride count for this expansion?

Like a rough estimate of what to expect so I don’t get my hopes up and to keep my expectations in check.
They’ve hinted at two for phase 1, with a Moana ride in Adventureland and a Coco (leading contender) ride just beyond Big Thunder. Other changes to Frontierland seem likely, but probably not additional rides. Phase 2 would probably be another 2-3 attractions with more significant dining and entertainment additions, assuming it ever happens.

eddie104

They’ve hinted at two for phase 1, with a Moana ride in Adventureland and a Coco (leading contender) ride just beyond Big Thunder. Other changes to Frontierland seem likely, but probably not additional rides. Phase 2 would probably be another 2-3 attractions with more significant dining and entertainment additions, assuming it ever happens.
I thought we were counting Moana as separate from this project?

Jayhawker

Coco is a great movie that I would easily recommend. And it has the potential to make for a really great ride too, very catchy and upbeat music and vibrant fantastical visuals. Whether they can make it fit its location is questionable though. And another Soarin type simulator (or any mostly screen based type attraction) would also be a pretty huge letdown too.
Agreed that this type of ride system would be a let down. Plus, you have the added reality of a GIANT show building. Granted, I do not believe you would have the same sight line issues that Epcot has with Soarin' and Cosmic Rewind.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Coco is a great movie that I would easily recommend. And it has the potential to make for a really great ride too, very catchy and upbeat music and vibrant fantastical visuals. Whether they can make it fit its location is questionable though. And another Soarin type simulator (or any mostly screen based type attraction) would also be a pretty huge letdown too.
I'm still not convinced we're actually getting that.

Touchdown

It’s a shame that Moana is getting the Shanghai pirates ride system because that would be great for Coco too.

How long does Universal own the exclusive rights to the Spider-man vehicles? I feel Disney could do a lot with that system, especially since Imagineering now employs the creator of that Spidy ride.

J4546

It’s a shame that Moana is getting the Shanghai pirates ride system because that would be great for Coco too.

How long does Universal own the exclusive rights to the Spider-man vehicles? I feel Disney could do a lot with that system, especially since Imagineering now employs the creator of that Spidy ride.
does anyone know for sure moana is getting a potc system, or that its even getting built at all?

UNCgolf

When was Moana rumored to get Shanghai Pirates? I don't remember reading that.

lazyboy97o

Curse of DarKastle opened in 2005 using Oceaneering’s Evolution ride system that was very much a take on Universal’s SCOOP vehicle. The new Peter Pan attraction at Tokyo DisneySEA uses a similar ride system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom