News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

celluloid

Ironically the version in Japan is in.... Fantasyland.
I've been there. Yep. Which makes sense. For one, it was done that way to be culturally sensitive.
And it is placed as a transition towards the Westernland side and Critter Country areas.

Now if they had a Liberty Square with only dark spirits. That would be silly and conflicting.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
100% opinion by me here, but I think if you want to sell management on making a phase 2 actually get made in the north/west portion of park grounds, you need to design a second entrance to the park that gets built alongside phase 1 in the shadow of phase 2. A northern bus plaza that all hotels run a bus to at all hours of the day, train station, shops, and a hub that can send you off to the new additions with passageways into Fantasyland.
Phases sound way more invested than they are…

Who’s coming to this new phase? And more importantly where are they fitting it in the week without Dak and Epcot becoming a ghost town?
I believe that having multiple entrances will diminish the experience of the parks. Even Walt Disney himself declined to incorporate multiple entrances in Disneyland because he believed it would detract from the guests' experience.
Yeah he’s been in forest lawn for what? 58 years?

Don’t think that’s a blip on the thought radar for Bob the sailor

celluloid

Staffing I think would be the issue. If anything like described would exist, it would be xow I g .o oraios and Parking Trams right to BDO to save money and get guests right to where thety can spend the most.

WaltWiz1901

If you're going to do a Villains Land, you can make the entrance lead onto a Villains Main Street with Bald Mountain at the end.
Would be onboard with this if the villains chosen fit the main aesthetic and it wasn't simply a catch-all villain hangout. The Forbidden Mountains (and Maleficent's castle) in Sleeping Beauty would work better in a "dark woods" setting than they would here

ChewbaccaYourMum

I meant to add when that was brought up, Disneyland has just implemented this exact idea with "Fire of the Rising Moons", where the visible Disneyland fireworks are given a Star Wars soundtrack that's only played in Galaxy's Edge, essentially creating a unique show for that land.

I would think this same idea could very easily (and perhaps quite successfully) be implemented in a Villains Land.
I was the one who had that random idea last week. I didn't realize that is what they're doing over at Disneyland. That's very exciting!

lazyboy97o

I've been there. Yep. Which makes sense. For one, it was done that way to be culturally sensitive.
And it is placed as a transition towards the Westernland side and Critter Country areas.

Now if they had a Liberty Square with only dark spirits. That would be silly and conflicting.
The Haunted Mansion being in Fantasyland for cultural reasons is a nice story. It is also there because the Oriental Land Company decided they wanted a Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and they needed space in Westernland.

doctornick

As an aside, if Coco does come to MK, I would hope it brings with it a solid Mexican restaurant- whether table service, quick serve or both. And I would envision a lot of Day of the Dead themed merch. Of course, you get a good bit of Mexico merch in Epcot so there will probably be overlap.

If there is a solid Mexican food service, then perhaps Tortuga Tavern can be switched to a more Caribbean menu

Touchdown

Is a Coco expansion enough to excite people though? I still haven't seen the movie (not on purpose, but haven't had a chance), so I don't know if it deserves all this hype.
Yes, it’s the last great Pixar movie to date. I also would love a ride based on it and will continue to state that FL Splash should have been rethemed to this movie instead of Tiana to fit the land better.

MerlinTheGoat

Coco is a great movie that I would easily recommend. And it has the potential to make for a really great ride too, very catchy and upbeat music and vibrant fantastical visuals. Whether they can make it fit its location is questionable though. And another Soarin type simulator (or any mostly screen based type attraction) would also be a pretty huge letdown too.

yensidtlaw1969

As an aside, if Coco does come to MK, I would hope it brings with it a solid Mexican restaurant- whether table service, quick serve or both. And I would envision a lot of Day of the Dead themed merch. Of course, you get a good bit of Mexico merch in Epcot so there will probably be overlap.

If there is a solid Mexican food service, then perhaps Tortuga Tavern can be switched to a more Caribbean menu
Tortuga Tavern will likely be the new Pirate Bar by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom